“Good food, good service and good wine. Not the best steakhouse I've been to in New York but up there!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Strip House

Strip House
15 W 44th St, New York City, NY (Midtown)
(212) 336-5454
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Strip House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,134 of 11,186 Restaurants in New York City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: between 5th & 6th Avenues
Transit: Bryant Park (B, D, F, M, 7), Times Square (1, 2, 3, N, Q, R, 7, S), Grand Central (4, 5, 6, 7).
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

The welcome at the restaurant was warm and friendly and when were quickly taken to our table. The waiter was very helpful and was useful with his recommendations. I ordered the bone-in fillet which was very tasty. I've previously ordered the same steak in STK and received a burnt piece of meat even though I ordered medium-rate, this was not the case here. The sides as an accompaniment to the steak hit the spot. I did really enjoy the food at this place, however, it didn't leave the same impression as Wolfgang's did but that's is a very hard impression to beat! Definatley would recommend as a quality steakhouse.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Not the best”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

Went here last night to eat and i was not impressed. My steak was cooked perfectly however, it over seasoned and covered in salt. I might of had four bites it was that bad.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Portland, Oregon
“Tender steak, great atmosphere, some sides lacking”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

I had a filet, which was fork tender and well seasoned. My companion had a NY strip, which he said was the best he ever had. the duck fat potatoes were underwhelming, and the green beans extremely salty. The Bernaise sauce for the asparagus was fabulous, as was the Cheescake (HUGE portion).

The atmosphere was interesting. and the staff extremely attentive and pleasant.

For the price point, the sides were a little disappointing, but otherwise an excellent meal.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London UK
“Great steak, don't forget the chocolate cake!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

One of the best steaks I have tasted in a while. Great service, beautifully decorated restaurant with plenty of atmosphere. I went with my boyfriend on our first night in NYC. It was the only night we'd be alone as we had friends arriving the following day. The steak was truly amazing and the dessert topped it off, 24 layer chocolate cake is not to be missed!! Make sure you leave room as is huge!! Really great little restaurant, highly recommended and hope to return one day.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Somerset, New Jersey
“Worth it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

We had dinner here on Sunday and we really loved it. We had a spacious table, (not always a given in NY), a wonderfully friendly waiter, and the dinner was perfect. The steaks are just great. Mine was prepared with plenty of cracked pepper, which I was surprised I enjoyed as much as I did. Just loved it. The sides, wine, onion rolls, everything, was wonderful. It is pricey, but if you can, it is worth it. The menu is on line so there are no surprises. This is a truly wonderful place for dinner if you are looking for a quiet, classy, out of the way place. Not a tourist trap at all. Enjoy!

• Visited May 2013