“Food is so good!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Blue Smoke

Blue Smoke
255 Vesey Street, New York City, NY 10282 (TriBeCa)
(212) 889-2005
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Blue Smoke is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #921 of 11,186 Restaurants in New York City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: TriBeCa
Cross street: North End Avenue & West Street
Transit: We are located at 255 Vesey Street between North End Avenue and West Street (West Side Highway). You can take the E train to the World Trade Center stop and proceed west towards the West Side Highway. You can also take the 2 or 3 trains to the Park Place stop and walk west along Park Place to Murray Street. Continue across West Side Highway.
Description: Danny Meyer's Blue Smoke serves mouthwatering authentic pit barbecue using prime meats, fowl and fish, accompanied by farm-fresh seasonal vegetable side dishes and soulful home-style cakes and pies.
Wishaw, United Kingdom
“Food is so good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Lip-smacking stuff. I had a steak and was stuffed . Hubby had mussels adn my usually fussy friend had a burger. Definatley go there

Visited March 2013

Dublin, Ireland
“average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

was not impressed with blue smoke service was great but thats it food was average had ribs thought they would be nice but not overall not great

Visited March 2013
Chichester, United Kingdom
“Best Restaurant in NYC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I have 2 restaraunts, and this was a great meal out. Team were second to none. Well done.
Waitress spoke to chef and let me have a look in the kitchen where the snr sous showed me the smoker.
Smhae the 2 cocktails I wanted had run out as they had no cider and the bar shut early as I wanted a drink after at the bar.
Book a table you wont be dissapointed

Visited April 2013
Copley, Ohio
“Great food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

My friends and I had a wonderful experience at Blue Smoke. We stopped here because we got really hungry walking around and it was the first place we came across when we decided to eat and I'm so happy we chose this place.

It was Easter so we each got a deviled egg that they sell individually- great little starter. I got the veggie burger which was different from any veggie burger that I've ever had and it was very good. They have different types of BBQ and hot sauces that you can add to your food. I also got the sweet potato wedges which were amazing! They come with a maple butter sauce and are a must if you like sweet potatoes. My friends split some sort of chicken sandwich and hush puppies with jalapeno sauce. Our food came out promptly, hot, and delicious. Our waitress was friendly and helpful the entire meal.

Drinks were good also. I got a blood orange margarita and my one friend got whatever drink had cucumber in it and it was really good! For dessert we split the sampler which was our best decision all day!! The sampler came with banana cream pie, apple crisp w/ bourbon ice cream, toffee pudding (those three were my faves), and chocolate cake and key lime pie. Everything tasted fresh and delicious and you could tell the whipped cream was freshly made.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ottawa, Canada
“Awesome food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

I had the KC ribs which were really good! Great atmosphere and great service. Even with the place being busy we had great service. I didn't expect good BBQ in NYC but I was proven wrong.