“Best Japanese in the Theater District” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4,299 of 11,626 restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Japanese
Pleasantville, New York
“Best Japanese in the Theater District”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

I have walked past this place for years and don't exactly know why I never stopped until recently. Actually as I stopped to glance at the menu the owner invited me to give it a try. I wasn't able to that night but did return a week later and am glad I did.
I usually find a place on Restaurant Row, 46th Street, when I go to the theater. Rio and You is far better choice than the other Japanese restaurants in the area. The food is very fresh, well prepared, served with style, and the owner is a charming woman from Japan. The restaurant is spotlessly clean and tastefully decorated right down to the bathrooms. There always seem ot be people from Japan ding there as well - a good sign of authenticity.
I have had their salmon, tempura and beef negamaki - superb. The prix fixe is a great buy. You might cheaper around the block but nothing to come close in quality and atmosphere.
This is becoming a regular place for me when I go to the theater.

• Visited November 2012