“I waste 24 Minutes of my life waiting for the elevators!!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Midtown Manhattan/Penn Station

You added Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Midtown Manhattan/Penn Station to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Midtown Manhattan/Penn Station
Book Early and Save Money
Ranked #109 of 459 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Phoenix, Arizona
“I waste 24 Minutes of my life waiting for the elevators!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

I read trip advisor on every hotel we book. I have never wrote a review but I felt I had to on this hotel. I booked my stray through Marriott's web site because I decided to take the shot with this one.

It seems for me since the first day that I get there that this hotel should not be open for business yet; there wasn't A.C at the lobby and the weather outside was 96 degree. Also, I remember that they were doing some construction work because I was hearing drilling work since I wake up while I stay at the 3th floor of the hotel which was really rude.

While I waste my time waiting for elevators I realized how hallway carpets were nasty and stained, things like this really suprise me; especially because the hotel brand name. However, the room was well laid out and the bedding was great.

Overall the customer service was professional and efficient, any time I saw people from the staff in an elevator they greeted me. But!! I would like to mentioned that this hotel its unique, because its the only one that I know with more than 8 floors and the hotel staff doesn't have a maintenance elevator; which in many cases was disgusting taking the elevators with a garbage bag next to you.

The location is the best one that you could get in NYC one block away from the subways and also few minutes from the greatest spot.

Room Tip: Book rooms on the higher floors.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
NYCPS1, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Midtown Manhattan/Penn Station, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Alfred T - Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We apologize that we were not able to meet your expectations during you stay with us and want to let you know that we are diligently working on the programming of the elevators to improve the timeliness and speed of response when they are called. I assure you that this our top priority. Again, our apologies, for not meeting the level of service you have grown to expect and hope that when your travel plans bring you back to NYC that you will consider staying with us again.

Mark Thomson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Espoo, Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

I booked my stay through Marriott's website, and it gave the option of booking high-level rooms. It was well worth it, view towards uptown Manhattan was unobstructed from our 19th level room.

There's a gym in the C-level, but runners may also want to go outside: just go west along the 33rd street all the way to the 12th avenue, and you have then reached Hudson River Park with great running/walking tracks.

Room Tip: Higher level room have great city view either facing downtown (south/33rd street) or uptown (north...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
K K - Thank you for the great review of our property. We are excited to hear that you got to enjoy the view from your room of the city. We can't wait to welcome you back to the hotel!

San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

We had a last-minute reservation issue with a different hotel and had to find a new location at the last minute. I called the Fairfield and they took great care of us. It was a birthday trip for my wife and they noted that, and provided a great room with a city view. The room was well laid out and the bedding was very comfortable.

When we checked in (very late in the day) the front desk staff member, Luis, remembered me and greeted me by name. Overall the customer service was professional and efficient. Any time we encountered a staff member in an elevator they greeted us and asked about our stay. I specially want to compliment the great service and upbeat attitudes of the staff members at the breakfast station. They were kept running all during the breakfast hours, but always greeted guests with a big smile and tons of energy.

Overall we had a great stay, the location is less than one block from the subway and a ten minute walk to Times Square. The hotel is new, clean and very well run. Looking forward to a return visit......thanks for helping to make our New York trip enjoyable.

Room Tip: The higher the better!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
NYCPS1, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Midtown Manhattan/Penn Station, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
BruceGordon thank you so much for the fanstastic review of our hotel! We are excited to hear that you choose our hotel to celebrat your wife's birthday!
We are excited that the stay was great and that the staff was able to provide you excellent customer service. Hope to see you again soon.

Doha, Qatar
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

Got it for a nor night stop over in NYC on my way back via JFK
Facility is very very well located
Average price
Free Internet and breakfast
But the staff are by no means friendly, no smiles, no help offered and they try to finish any question ASAP and move on
Good get an easy 5 if the hotel management can convince staff to be more friendly.
I can assure u that all my requests was denied at this hotel starting from booked preferences online up to checkout time

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
AMR H, thank you for taking the time to review our property. We apologize for the experience that you had during your recent stay with us. We pride ourselves on our excellent customer service and are disappointed to hear that the staff did not meet your expectations or live up to the promises that we value here.

If you have an opportunity we would appreciate talking with you more in regards to your stay. Please feel free to contact me at Mark.Thomson@marriott.com.

While there are many hotel choices in NYC, we sincerely hope you will consider staying with us again in the future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

I stayed a week at Fairfied Inn and I was in New York for business. This hotel is not fancy but has everything you need: good wifi free of charge, a good gym in the basement, an iron in the room, a washing machine for guest in the basement and a breakfast included in the price. Breakfast is the same, not fancy (self service with plastic plates and cutlery) but basic. The location is great in midtown, very central. The room are also good, not too small for New York with the usual hotel functional style. again nothing fancy. No mini bar. Finally the little plus is the bar on the rooftop with a nice view. There are probably many hotels within this range of price but this one is a safe choice. You'll get the basics. If you are looking for something more or with more style, advantages or originality then pick another one.

• Stayed July 2013
commerce
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

As previous reviewers have stated, this is a great hotel. Parking $35 in midtown manhattan, great. Proximity to subway , MSG ,bike rentals, Times Square and everything else, great. Rooms kinda smallish but modern and comfortable, great. Hot breakfast buffet included with the already reasonable room rate, great. Sky bar on the top floor overlooking a lot of the cities main attractions, very nice. However, that darn elevator drove me nuts. Sometimes a 5-10 minute wait just to get down from your room. If I wasn't up so high I would've taken the stairs everyday. Other than that , this place was a great find and especially for the Fourth of July fireworks.

Room Tip: Stay on a lower floor and take the stairs daily.
Gallarate, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

On a business trip from Italy, found by chance from an advertisement on the internet. Good rooms, very helpful front desk personnel, clean bathrooms, nice view from my room. Strategically located, few minutes walk from Travis Center, Penn Station, subways. Breakfast was included, good choice of bagels, coffees, yoghurts, cereals, continental and american breakfast. Convenientely located for my need, nice rooftop bar with a great viem on the WTC new tower. On my next business trip I'll be there. Plan to leave the room in advance if you have an appointment, elevators are fast but very busy at times, you may wait up to 10 minutes to get one...they have 3 elevators in the lobby and people uses them to reach the rooftop from their rooms at dinner time....

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Midtown Manhattan/Penn Station? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Midtown Manhattan/Penn Station

Address: 325 W 33rd St, New York City, NY 10001
Location: United States > New York > New York City > Chelsea , Manhattan
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Wheelchair access
Ranked #109 of 459 Hotels in New York City
Hotel Class:3 star — Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Midtown Manhattan/Penn Station 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Marriott, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Midtown Manhattan/Penn Station reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Midtown Manhattan/Penn Station, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.