“Worth the money” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn New York Manhattan/Midtown East

You added Residence Inn New York Manhattan/Midtown East to your Saves list
Residence Inn New York Manhattan/Midtown East
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   148 East 48th Street, New York City, NY NY 10017 (Midtown)   |
Hotel deals
GreenLeadersBronze level
Munich, Germany
“Worth the money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

This is not The Four Seasons, but it is absolutely worth the 200-250 USD they charge. Rooms are clean, large enough and everything works. Even the included breakfast is actually not that bad. Cannot beat the location. All in all a very fair place.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Justin E, Manager at Residence Inn New York Manhattan/Midtown East, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Hello bobbylion1234-

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us at the Residence Inn by Marriott, I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our spacious rooms and complimentary breakfast which rotates on a daily basis. We look forward to seeing you again when you travels bring you to NYC.

Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
  • Greek first
Galloway, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

Spacious great rooms located off the beaten path of the hustle and bustle..Close to Rockefeller Center,Times Square and midtown tunnel to go across to queens ,bronx, Long Island if needed....Property is very well maintained can accommodate up to 6 in a room in their 1 bedroom suite (2) queen comfortable beds and sofa bed ... Bonus breakfast is included as well saves a few dollars..... Exceptional service from the front desk to house keeping service....I have stayed in various Luxurious Hotels around the world witness the service for yourself peoples its just amazing.......

Room Tip: Studio King bedroom is very spacious for the price offered
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Justin E, Manager at Residence Inn New York Manhattan/Midtown East, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Dear 609jerome-

I would like to thank you for your great review of your recent stay with us at the Residence Inn by Marriott. I am pleased to hear that you were able to enjoy our centralized location in the heart of midtown east in addition to our spacious suites. I hope that we have the pleasure of accommodating on your future travels to the Big Apple!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

The location is excellent. The employees were friendly and helpful. The gym is well equipped; but if that is not enough Central Park is a short and enjoyable run away. And the breakfast... impressive; a step above any Residence Inn breakfast I have had and worthy of NYC. I highly recommend this location.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear s rk6501-

I would like to thank you for your review of your recent stay with us at the Residence Inn by Marriott. I am pleased to hear that you were able to enjoy our centralized location in the heart of midtown east in addition to all of our wonderful amenities. I hope that we have the pleasure of accommodating on your future travels to the Big Apple!

Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

We can recommend this hotel on its great location. A stones throw to Grand Central,Rockerfeller centre and a subway only a couple of minutes away. The room size was adequate and we used the kitchenette to our convenience. The gym had up to date equipment. The laundry was useful as it was located on the lower floor. We felt that the breakfast included was very good value. Staff were helpful and assisted us promptly with friendly service.The furnishings and upkeep were to a high standard. We would highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear Roamers46-

I would like to thank you for splendid review of your recent stay with us at the Residence Inn by Marriott. I am pleased to hear that you were able to enjoy our centralized location in the heart of midtown east in addition to all of our wonderful amenities. I hope that we have the pleasure of accommodating on your future travels to the Big Apple!

israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

I decided to write this review before I return home and forget:). So - this is our last night here after spending 7 wonderful nights and absolutely delighted of our choice. Our room was very clean, new and modern, spacious and comfortable with a large bathroom, a huge shower a totally equipped kitchen. After asking for a quiet room in a high floor we got room 1435 which was indeed peaceful, so we could relax and sleep in our great vacation. Complimentary breakfast included eggs, yogurts, fresh fruits and occasional Mexican dishes which were all good. Fitness room was also nice and inviting and hotel staff were all very kind and helpful. Located in 48 st. & Lexington Ave. Residence Inn Manhattan was very good for our purpose- very safe and out of the Times Square mess, with lots of nice restaurants, bars and shops. We Would absolutely return here, highly recommended!

Room Tip: A room in the highest floor possible would be a good idea due to possible noise from the street. Roo...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear meiravit-

I would like to thank you for great review of your recent stay with us at the Residence Inn by Marriott. I am delighted to hear that you were able to enjoy our spacious rooms fully equipped with a full size fridge, stovetop, microwave, and dishwasher. I hope that we have the pleasure of accommodating you on your future travels to New York City.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

I stay over a hundred nights a year in Marriott hotels across the US with many of those in NYC. Last year when I first stayed at this hotel there was no doubt that from that point forward this would be my first and only choice for business and pleasure travel to NYC. The stellar service and professionalism starts with the curbside greeting from Sam to the smiling front desk staff and continues throughout my stay by all the folks in the hotel. I can't say enough about this team and the excellent service culture at this property. Congratulations, you take it to the next level.

David Pulver; Atlanta,GA

Room Tip: Building is extremely quiet and rooms are spacious for NYC standards.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear David P-

I would like to thank you for your wonderful and detailed review with your recent stay with us at the Residence Inn by Marriott. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we are now your primary hotel when traveling to New York City. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

I travel to NYC frequently for business and have stayed at a variety of upscale hotels in the midtown area -- this Residence Inn exceeds all others in terms of quality, convenience, value, and cleanliness. The location is fabulous and the hotel is next door to many other quality hotels/walking distance to Grand Central.

First, the staff is outstanding. Nykia had checked me in with a great, helpful attitude which set the tone for my visit, but the best experience was when I was stressed-out the day that I was leaving NY.Nykia went above and beyond when I was late leaving the city at 4 pm (when all of the taxis are off duty). She went into immediate problem solver mode -- hailed a cab and loaded my luggage while I was in the restroom changing my clothes. I can tell you that I rarely find that level of genuine caring at other full-service hotels.

This newly renovated location offers large, very clean rooms with kitchen amenities -- a rare treat in New York. The breakfast is convenient, fast and served in a very pleasant environment with attentive staff that quickly clear away empty plates. Ammenities that I love at this hotel: FREE wifi, FREE business center printing services, FREE breakfast and light evening dinner reception, FREE hot chocolate with marshmallows, FREE well appointed, clean gym with apples, water and towels. I recently stayed at "5 Star" property that offered none of these perks.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces away from 48th street. Garbage collection happens in the early morning hou...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Justin E, Manager at Residence Inn New York Manhattan/Midtown East, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Hello WeRroadtripping

Thank you for your wonderful detailed review of your recent stay with us at the Residence Inn by Marriott Manhattan/ Midtown East. I am pleased to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations on many levels, specifically with our wonderful service oriented associates led by one of our Assistant Guest Services Mangers, Nykia. We look forward to seeing you on your future travels to NYC.

Assistant General Manager

Been to Residence Inn New York Manhattan/Midtown East? Share your experiences!