“Lovely!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Campinas, SP.
“Lovely!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

We were staying in a Hotel at 48th street and decided to extend our stay in NY, but our hotel didn`t have rooms available for the dates we wanted. We were lucky to find Residence Inn by Marriott exactly at the same street and made our reservations. We simply loved the hotel. Very well located, with large room (super clean) and two large beds and a big screen TV. We stayed in a Studio Room, with a completely furnished kitchen, including microwave popcorn! Other amenities offered by Residence Inn Marriott included: a very good hot breakfast, free wi-fi, business and fitness center. The staff was very nice and professional and we "felt home" since the first moment. We will certainly choose Residence Inn by Marriott (Manhattan) in our next trip to New York and will recommend it to our friends and Family. Our special thanks to Anthony Chrones, Assistant Guest Services Manager, who was very friendly and warm.

Room Tip: Studio rooms are very confortable. We stayed at 8th floor and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Justin E, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn New York Manhattan/Midtown East, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Hello Nadir2013Nov-

I want to thank you for your kind words of praise on our Residence Inn Manhattan/Midtown East. My team and I pride ourselves in the service we provide all of our guests and it is great to hear of your experience, thank you for your speical shout to Mr. Chrones! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your room & our great locaiton. We look forward to seeing you again the next time your in New York City.

Justin Ellison

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
  • Greek first
Hurricane, WV
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

Large rooms by NYC standards stylishly furnished and super clean! Very comfortable beds and with the typical Residence Inn layout, includes a complete and efficient kitchen! This is such a good location and the staff is so helpful, friendly and professional. I will definitely go back to this hotel!

Room Tip: Faced the street on the 3rd floor, but heard no noise-rooms have room darkening curtains and slept l...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Justin E, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn New York Manhattan/Midtown East, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear mbgregory-

I want to thank you for your kind words of praise on our Residence Inn Manhattan/Midtown East. My team and I pride ourselves in the service we provide all of our guests and it is great to hear of your experience. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your room & our great locaiton. We look forward to seeing you again the next time your in New York City.

Plainfield, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in a one bedroom suite - 2 beds & a sofa bed. We need 3 beds, as we have a teenage boy who is too tall to share a bed with dad and I don't make my son & daughter share a bed - they are too old to do that any longer. Room is huge for New York standards. We were excited to find room 1231 has a large balcony. I just wish the weather had been nicer so we could really enjoy it.

Room was clean. A/C unit provided an excellent amount of white noise. We heard the heavy-footed guests above us one night, but that was it.

Staff were very kind and helpful. We interacted with the front desk, concierge, bellman, housekeeping and breakfast staff.

Breakfast was good for our purposes. Lots of variety. Although, they did run short on forks on Saturday & Sunday. The dining area was a zoo on Sat & Sun, but the breakfast staff opened up a conference room downstairs for our use. It was quite nice, actually.....quiet, no one bumping you or staring you down for your table.

My husband and I enjoyed the complimentary coffee after we came back from dinner.

Location is great. 3 blocks from the 6. Reasonable walk to Rockefeller Center, Empire State Building and other tourist attractions.

• Stayed November 2013
Dear KTIllinois-

I want to thank you for your kind words of praise on our Residence Inn Manhattan/Midtown East. My team and I pride ourselves in the service we provide all of our guests and it is great to hear of your experience. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your suite with two queen size beds and sofa sleeper & our great locaiton. We look forward to seeing you again the next time your in New York City.

Centreville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

Was in a rush to book a room on marathon weekend and did not notice the E in front of the address. Have stayed in the Marriott on 40th and the one on 6th Ave. So when I did notice was worried about accessibility to cabs and subway. Did not have to worry a bit as I had a cab instantly each morning. Could not get over the cheery welcome! And the huge red velvet cupcake in my room. The location is very good for shopping and for dining. A quick cab ride and you are near the theaters. The free breakfast was truly outstanding. The hot foods changed daily - once there was mini potato pancakes! The rooms were spotless with super kitchenettes - although I just used the fridge and coffee maker. Huge flat screen TV. Very nice walk-in shower.I would not hesitate to stay here again. A true find.

Room Tip: We were on floor 8 so could hear the sirens and garbage trucks - but hey, that is NYC!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Mary Kay D-

I want to thank you for your kind words of praise on our Residence Inn Manhattan/Midtown East. My team and I pride ourselves in the service we provide all of our guests and it is great to hear of your experience. I am pleased to hear that you found us by mistake and that you enjoyed your room & our great locaiton. We look forward to seeing you again the next time your in New York City.

Savage, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

This was my first time to New York City. This was the perfect hotel to stay in. It is very up to date and looked brand new. The rooms were huge and had big screen TV's in the living room and bedroom. You got complementary microwave popcorn which was nice when you wanted a late night snack. They serve complementary breakfast every day which is a huge plus especially if you want to save a little money when on vacation. The location was great as well. when you leave the hotel, take a left and go about 8 blocks down and you were by Rockefeller center and very close to time square. The staff was very nice and always willing to help. I would suggest this hotel to any friend or family member. Check it out and you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Justin E, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn New York Manhattan/Midtown East, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Dear Anders07-

Edmond
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

I was very pleased with my staff. Great location, easy access to Grand Central. The staff was outstanding. Bedding was very comfortable - especially after running the NYC Marathon - huge TV so I could put my legs up and relax. I only have one complaint the shower floor needs to be re-grouted. It did not look very nice. The toilet was running during my stay but with the bathroom door closed you couldn't hear it so I didn't bother to call maintenance. I did let the staff know when I was leaving so they could address it. The kitchen area was huge and the food was so of the best I have made at any Marriott hotel. I would highly recommend and would stay again!

Room Tip: I would ask to stay away from the street side it might be a little loud with a room facing 48th.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Justin E, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn New York Manhattan/Midtown East, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear kksdad431-

Vancouver, B.C.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

This is a well-located hotel with friendly, helpful staff. The room we had was huge, with a separate living room and bedroom. The galley kitchen, just inside the entry door, was fully equipped with a hotplate, microwave, fridge and dishwasher. The room was very clean and the bed was comfortable. There was large flat-screen TV in the living room and another one in the bedroom. There's a convenience store for groceries around the corner on Lexington and a Whole Foods about six blocks away. The buffet breakfast was very good with a variety of offerings, and food was kept restocked. Our only complaint was the slow elevators which get very busy between 8 and 9 a.m. Overall, we had a very enjoyable stay and would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear TPTVancouver_B_C_-

Justin Ellison

Been to Residence Inn New York Manhattan/Midtown East? Share your experiences!