“Highly reccommended” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Union Square New York

You added Hyatt Union Square New York to your Saves list
Hyatt Union Square New York
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   134 Fourth Aveunue, New York City, NY 10003 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Rates from $269
Ranked #68 of 464 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
San Francisco, California
“Highly reccommended”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

Best location if you want to live East Village ( Union Square, Washington Square ) area.
1 block from Union Square with nice coffee shops, farmer market and lots of restaurants.
The hotel has a bar with great ambiance and a restaurant with lots of character where you can have great breakfast, brunch on Sunday or dinner every day.
The rooms are good but I would recommend if you have a hard time with noise to request a room facing the courtyard ( interior ) and not 4th Avenue .
People are very friendly.
if you are on business and your office is in Mid Town Manhattan this is a great location.
Price is very reasonable.

Room Tip: inside rooms facing courtyard and stay away from 4th Avenue rooms if you are a noise enemy
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Chris_Holbrook, General Manager at Hyatt Union Square New York, responded to this review, September 4, 2014
Dear Enrique_12,

Thank you for this great review. We are thrilled to hear that your stay was a great one and also thank you for recommending our future guests of various options in the neighborhood.

It is refreshing to hear genuine feedback - and great ones on an overall basis from staff to location and the neighborhood.

Thank you once again for staying with us. We look forward to welcoming you back to Hyatt Union Square.

chris.holbrook@hyatt.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

just got home yesterday from a 5 night stay in the Hyatt Union Square, and could not wait to write about our excellent stay.

whoever does the hiring of the front staff must be commended, they are all incredible(thanks to both Victors, and Joseph, you guys are wonderful!!)

we had 2 rooms, huge beds, great amount of space for a hotel room in a city such as New York. so modern and comfortable

location was amazing close to the train, close to the main shopping areas, great restauants and coffee shops.

had a incidence with housekeeping and was worried it would not be taken care, but spoke to Richard, housekeeping supervisor, who took care of the problem and resolved it like a magician, honestly Richard, my faith in receiving good customer service is quite low, but you raised it to another level. thanks for going out of your way to solve the problem and making me a customer that is definitely coming back to stay at the Hyatt Union Square again soon!!!

Hello fmac5512,

I am thrilled to hear of your stay with us. Thank you for giving us this amazing review. I will definitely have our management team know about the great service you received from the front desk. Victor and Joseph are both incredible with providing the best care for our guests. And not to mention, Richard who is a great individual has shown what real service is and what Hyatt Union Square can provide. I am really proud of them.

We definitely will look forward to your next stay with us. Hope you have a wonderful rest of the summer. Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you. Again, thank you for staying with us.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

When traveling with the family, I will often call ahead to try and get our room needs met. Even for our one night stay last weekend, Victor M went completely out of his way when I called prior to driving up from south Jersey. He made sure to get the best two rooms he could, and put our two rooms on the same floor. Victor was sharp, professional and caring both on the phone and greeting us upon arrival. The rest of the front desk team (Victor #2 and all the rest) were equally friendly and helpful during our visit, helping with walking maps and local festival information. We definitely felt the "hyatt touch" throughout this all to brief stay.

Lobby and rooms were clean and comfortable, and a very 'hip' experience for Hyatt - not far off from their Andaz brand (which I love). We enjoyed our breakfast at Fourth Restaurant, run by a well known local restaurateur. OJ tasted as good as in a Florida grove, oatmeal very freshly done...all great stuff with very personalized service.

Thanks for a nice, quick escape weekend!

Room Tip: Our room was on the third floor...2nd floor rooms had enclosed balconies. Just beware down there yo...
Dear GreggOntheG0,

I would like to thank you for a great review. We really appreciate the comments on the staff and individually to Victor M. He is a great assest to team and we have many of our guest mention the same about his character and proffessionalism.

I am sure you will be returning to us based on your feedback and we can't wait to welcoming you back to Hyatt Union Square.

Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2014

I've stayed in this hotel several times over the past 12 months and it has been a great experience each time. I am sensitive to noise and I always choose the courtyard room. There is absolutely zero exterior noise whatever the floor which is a real luxury in a place like New York.
The room is rather small but perfectly organized and comfy.
The staff was great and even walked me two blocks to help me find a taxi because of a farmers market in front of the hotel the day I left.
I am going to NYC on a regular basis because of my daughter in NYU and I will return to the hotel any time there will be room available when I go.

Room Tip: courtyard room if looking for a quiet sleep
Hello Fonz1876,

Thank you fo such a wonderful review. I'm so glad that you had a great stay with us. At Hyatt Union Square, we are all customer service focused and I'm happy to hear that they've met with all the expectations you had.

We will eagerly wait for next visit to us. Hopefully it will be soon. Looking forward to welcoming back to Hyatt Union Square.

Kind Regards,

Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014

I used to live in NYC before and I still travel to NYC every 2-3 months for business trips, and after staying at multiple different hotels in Manhattan, I can confidently say that this is one of the best hotels in New York.
The staff is very nice, polite and cordial. Erin at the front desk was very helpful with the smooth check-in process, specially after the long trip that I had.
Comparing to other Hyatt locations in Mahattan, it's far better than the Grand Hyatt - which had very small rooms and bathroom, even for a grand king bed; it has been just remodeled and it has a similar touch to the Andaz locations at 5th Ave and Wall Street, although with an incomparable location at only one block from Union Square. Even better than the Waldorf Astoria (clearly overrated, with old and smelly rooms) or the Sofitel (which is nice, but very small rooms). The rooms are quiet, the bed is very comfortable.
If you want to enjoy your stay in NYC and you want to walk around / shop in the Union Square, Village, SOHO, area, this is your hotel. True new yorkers will highly recommend this location.

Dear repicho,

Thank you for taking time to review us. I'm very happy to hear that your stay was a great one. I'll be sure to let Erin and the front desk staff know of how wonderfully they've impressed you with the service and professionalism.

Let me also thank you for putting us on the map with your comparison with the other Hyatts in the city. We really appreciate your honest opinion.

We do hope to see you in the near future and can't wait to welcome you back to Hyatt Union Square.

New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014

I'm in NY every other week for business, and I stayed here for the first time. It is my new favorite hotel! I usually stay in Mid Town but Union Square got me away from the crowds, the tourists and brought me to the heart of NY. There are fantastic restaurants in the area, and fun vibes.

The staff was more than accommodating and couldn't have been any nicer.

If you're looking for a top notch hotel, with a boutique feel…this is it!!

Room Tip: I had a higher floor and it was wonderful!
Green Features: The hotel was clean, comfy and like a home away from home.
Dear Mrs. Susan M,

Thank you for a wonderful review. We are glad that you have found a new home in NY. We do love hosting a variety of crowds and they've always felt a sense of home away from home. I'm happy we made you feel that way.

I'll be sure to congratulate my team on a job well done in making sure you had the best time in NY. We definitely would love to see you back with us and can't wait to welcome you back to Hyatt Union Square.

Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you. Thank you again for staying with us.

San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2014

Very nice hotel-loft style very modern and clean. Window opens in room, which is a plus in cool weather (if you can tolerate NYC street noise). The restaurant (the Fourth) has a wonderful breakfast menu. Location is good if you need to be close to downtown. My only complaint is the noisy ventilation system (otherwise would be 5 stars). Even turning it off completely didn't stop the noise. The staff are very helpful and friendly. Quick service to get a taxi in the morning.

Room Tip: Upper floor, away from elevators (including service elevator-be sure to ask).
Green Features: Very good-encouraged to use towels more than once. Recycling trash can available in room.
Dear Constance C,

Thank you for a wonderful review. We are absolutely thrilled to hear that you had an amazing stay with us. I'll be sure to let the staff know about your compliments on their service and friendliness.

Also, we can certainly have a look at the ventilation noise you have mentioned and will get on it right away. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

We do hope to see you in the near future. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you. We look forward to welcoming you back to Hyatt Union Square.

chris.holbrook@hyatt.com

Been to Hyatt Union Square New York? Share your experiences!