“Top Hotel in New York!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Union Square New York

You added Hyatt Union Square New York to your Saves list
Hyatt Union Square New York
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   134 Fourth Aveunue, New York City, NY 10003 (Greenwich Village)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Adv Purchase Up To 15%Off
Ranked #52 of 455 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Singapore
“Top Hotel in New York!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

I stayed at Hyatt Union Square during three occasions in July.

Being a frequent business traveler having visited 98 countries in all continents across the world, I have stayed in everything from 1-star hotels in the emerging market up to the top-class hotels in Middle East and Asia. However, despite the class of hotel, you are always looking for that extra that will make your stay special. I had all of that from the moment I walked into Hyatt Union Square!

It sounds like a cliche, but coming back for the second time really felt like coming home. The staff is extremely professional and always helpful without being insistent and forceful. The check-in process was very smooth and the flexibility at the front desk on early check-in and delayed check-out was amazing. The staff is young, knowledgeable and passionate about their job. They treat the hotel as their home and they will make your stay truly special.

I will definitely recommend Hyatt Union Square to anyone visiting New York. No matter if you are on a business trip or traveling with family and friends, Hyatt Union Square is the perfect option. In addition, you have everything in the home area around Union Square; a wide range of excellent restaurants and bars, shopping, groceries, or just grabbing a coffee at a bench in the park at Union Square. At the same time, you are only a few stations away from Times Square with the subway with the station just around the corner or the Q-line directly to Coney Island.

In closing, I would like to send a special remark and gratitude to Joseph. His professionalism, positive attitude, willingness to help and support as well as giving useful advises was just outstanding. He was the one that gave our total experience that extra part that makes a difference.

If you are looking for the perfect hotel in New York, stop looking and book Hyatt Union Square now!

Sincerely
Fred Hultman

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Chris_Holbrook, General Manager at Hyatt Union Square New York, responded to this review, August 3, 2014
Dear Mr. Hultman,

I would like to sincerely thank you for this beautiful compliment on Hyatt Union Square. It is greatly appreciated. And it has been our pleasure to host you as one of our guests. Above all, we are glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us here.

As you've mentioned the distinction in the service level in our staff, I cannot be more proud to be part of such an outstanding team. Yes, they are young but vibrant and ambtious and passionate about working at Hyatt Union Square. It is the ease and comfort of our daily operations that make guests such as yourself feel the welcoming and personable experience. However, the complimenting professionalism and positive attitude resonates with our inner core hospitality trait.

I will be surely congratulating Joseph on his more than outstading service and will recognize him in our next team meeting. He is an asset to the team.

I am sure we will be seeing you in the near future and we cannot wait to welcome you back to Hyatt Union Square. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

chris.holbrook@hyatt.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Salt Lake City, UT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a couple of nights for work and was very impressed. I was upgraded to a very nice room with a huge terrace, had excellent service at check-in from Luis, and great communication both before and after my stay from Carlos and Jennifer.

The hotel is located about a block from Union Square which is a fun area. I normally stay in midtown, but this is a great break from the more frenetic pace of that area. Still lively, of course, just not quite as crazy.

The room itself was beautiful, I was in a suite so had plenty of room, a huge terrace with a table and a couple of lounge chairs, a big tv (that when turned off is actually a large mirror in the bedroom) with a lot of HD channels, and a great 2-person shower. The last time I stayed was in a much smaller room, but that was also nice, albeit quite a bit smaller. The bed was extremely comfortable and didn't hear a lot of outside noise either which made for a good night's sleep.

Breakfast was a bit slow in the morning, but the food was good and fresh.

Overall, an excellent stay and will definitely stay again the next time I find myself in NYC.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear JMac123,

Thank you for an excellent review. We truly appreciate you honest feedback. I am glad that you had a lovely and amazing stay. I am also pleased to hear that our staff has taken great care of you before, during and after your stay. It is of course the staff that make all of our success stories. I am glad to be part of one.

Absolutely, the location of the hotel is something to ponder as this becomes the hub of New York for all great things from Shopping, to social events and night-life all very close by. In regards to the room, we have managed to accompany all things modern and yet not compromised on the aesthetics of a beautiful, luxury hotel room.

I'll be sure to congratulate my staff on an exemplary service and surely let Carlos and Jennifer for the follow through on your stay.

Thank you once again for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming back to Hyatt Union Square.

old saybrook, ct
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Exemplary service and warm, friendly personnel made this hotel stay experience delightful. Victor M. remembered my name on the 2nd day I was there after only meeting me once. I thought that was awesome! I was always greeted upon leaving and arriving, The staff is young and eager to please. A small repair matter was attended to immediately and a note was left with the name of the person who fixed it.
The rooms are very smartly designed for typically small NYC spaces. The beds, bedding, towels and amenities are first class. Noise and light were completely blocked out for a good night's rest. I would definitely go back.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Chris_Holbrook, General Manager at Hyatt Union Square New York, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Dear jpz52,

Thank you so much for this amazing review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our staff here make the hotel look so effortless and welcoming in this bustling New York City. I am glad that you mentioned Victor as he is one of our rising stars at the front desk and I will be sure to congratulate him on his service.

It goes without saying that we would definitely love to see you in the near future and we hope to welcome you back soon enough. Thank you again for staying with us and let us know if there is anything else I can do for you.

Menlo Park, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

I like this hotel a lot. My room was not (by any stretch) one of their flagship rooms, but it was beautifully designed comfortable and functional. Great modern bathroom, only thing missing was a comfortable chair and ottoman, which would not have fit in this floor plan. The rate plan I was on did not include free wifi, which is a bit of a pain. Free wifi in the very nice lobby area was available. Super friendly young staff with lots of appropriate tips on things to do and how to best navigate NYC. Everything within a block of the hotel (from Whole Foods to nice restaurants to great wine store). Free first-come-first-served bikes to use, which I did not, but one more day and I would have. Same with a new, clean, up-to-date fitness room.

Room Tip: I was in a light shaft room (see pic). Normally, I'd hate this. But it's NYC, and as light...
Green Features: Seemed fine to me. What I noticed most was the design of the room -- a re-manufactured wood floor was a nice alternative to std hotel carpet...All in all, good stuff.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Dear Peter S,

Thank you for an amazing review. We are so glad that you had a wonderful stay with us. Thank you for painting a beautiful picture about our hotel and the neighborhood. We welcome all your feedback and will take into consideration some of your advice.

We do hope that you will return to us in the near future and we cannot wait to welcome you back to Hyatt Union Square.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

We enjoyed our stay at the Hyatt Union Square. There is a lot happening around Union Square! Not only is this hotel in an excellent location, but it is also super new, clean and the staff is friendly and willing to help. We had no problems with check-in or with other requests being satisfied quickly and correctly - you can request just about anything, to borrow or to purchase (bottle openers to shoe shine, a list is in the room). I'm getting to really like Hyatt.

Close by: Walgreens, Whole Foods, Starbucks, theatre, fantastic goth shop, largest costume shop I've seen, Saturday farmers' market (we bought some local art), Barnes & Noble, street meat (Halal Bros., voted best street meat in NYC, store is close by), Artichoke, Basille's Pizza, Best Buy, McD's, Dunkin Donuts... the list goes on. We took the Gray Line Bus tour a couple days, the stop is only a few blocks away (10-15 min walk). Subway - Uptown, Brooklyn, Bronx is all very close. Just about anything in Manhattan is a $5 - $15 cab fare away. The food in the lower and upper east side is excellent - no need to find a chain restaurant. This is a very cool area to make as a base camp for your NYC stay. We loved it.

My friend used the fitness centre and said it fit her needs, was good and new.

We didn't eat at the hotel, but had drinks prior to heading out at 'The Fourth'. Staff was friendly and service was quick and professional.

The mini fridge was full with mini-bar items on pressure sensors - there isn't room for your own stuff. Our friends didn't have or couldn't find their fridge.

There is rumor of a roof-top lounge, that sounds like a great place to hang out. Not open yet.

We made use of the free iced tea, apples and WiFi in the lobby. Not a bad place to hang out. I thought I could also see an outdoor patio from our room, but I never investigated. Our view from the room was of the between building space (where the patio is) - nothing more authentic NYC, I guess.

My wife complained about the lighting when getting ready for our nights out. She couldn't see to put on her make-up. There are only led lights in the ceiling.

Green Features: There are recycle bins in the rooms. We bought a ton of stuff at Macy's, I hope the shoe boxes, paper bags and other packaging got recycled!!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Chris_Holbrook, General Manager at Hyatt Union Square New York, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Dear Kier J,

I would like to thank you for this elaborate and wonderful review. You have definitely summarized the entire hotel and the Union Square area for most of our future guests. We at Hyatt Union Square are beyond excited and glad that you had an amazing time here at the hotel. Thank You!

Our staff has definitely put their A game here and deserve such accolades from guests such as yourself. It gives us the extra boost and provide even more memorable exeperiences for our future guests. And we do hope that you will come back and share another moment with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Hyatt Union Square. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you or any questions regarding the hotel.

Clinton, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Great experience. Staff very friendly, accommodating, and plush facilities. As a boutique hotel, had maximized the space and the little details. Beds very comfy and plush. Shower roomy although the bath is a galley style. Fitness center state of the art and all types of fitness equipment to make a nice workout. Didn't use the restaurant, but had nice selection. Desk and door staff friendly and would try to get anything and more that you might need. Calm, and younger style but seemed just as happy to deal with us "baby boomers" as their age group. would Stay again. Small rooms, but with a king bed very well proportioned. Nice snack bar if you choose and turn down service. Thanks, and GREAT LOCATION at a fair price.

Room Tip: As for a quiet room, and also can choose a bath with a lighted mirror if women, or men need for make...
Dear JSHankman,

Thank you for a great review. We are so grateful that you have enjoyed your stay with us and your feedback does shed some light about the experience you had with our staff. Yes, they are young and very ambitious in the field of hospitality and I'm glad you had the chance to interact with most of them.

I will definitely let them know about your review and will congratulate all of them in providing an excellent service to you and you family.

We do look forward to welcoming you back to Hyatt Union Square. Please feel free to write to us if you have any questions.

Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

The room is neat and tidy with very convenient to shopping area and museums. Modern decoration with very good restaurant 'The Fourth'. The managers of restaurant are very friendly and helpful. I spent 6 nights which were relaxing and my power recharged.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Chris_Holbrook, General Manager at Hyatt Union Square New York, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Dear TLung,

Thank you for this great review. We realy appreciate your feedback and I'm glad that your stay was relaxing and great at the same time.

We are very proud to have partnered with The Fourth and will pass on your compliments to the management team.

We would love for you to come back and experience another beautiful week with us. Thank you again for staying with us.

chris.holbrook@hyatt.com

Been to Hyatt Union Square New York? Share your experiences!