“Absolutely going back” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Union Square New York

You added Hyatt Union Square New York to your Saves list
Hyatt Union Square New York
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   134 Fourth Aveunue, New York City, NY 10003 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Rates from $269
Ranked #63 of 464 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Absolutely going back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

I travel the world and stay in hotels about 50 days (for the last 25 years) a year and I can say that this is one of my top experiences for a 4 star hotel (better than many 5 star) I have had in a long time. The bed is comfortable, the pillows great, black out curtains work perfectly, room is very quiet, and all the staff was fantastic.

You have and excellent facility and staff. I recommend very few if any hotels that I stay in, not because they are bad but typically they are just OK. I
will highly recommend this hotel to everyone I know. While I seldom come to NY, when I come back I am absolutely staying here.

Nicely done.

• Stayed June 2014
Chris_Holbrook, General Manager at Hyatt Union Square New York, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Dear GFadul,

Thank you for a great feedback. We absolutely appreciate your kind words. More importantly, we are glad to hear that you had an amazing stay with us. Our staff here are very ambitious and passionate about creating the absolute guest experience they fully deserve.

We hope to see you in the very near future and thank you for spreading the word on Hyatt Union Square.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Hyatt Union Square.

chris.holbrook@hyatt.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
Marco Island, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

The Hyatt is a chain hotel. However, the Hyatt Union Square is like staying at a boutique hotel. Everyone is friendly and helpful. I stayed there in May and June. Already booked for Christmas. Most likely will stay sometime in the fall.

Dear EArena,

Thank you so much for your review. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us on both visits and we surely can't wait for the next one.

We have a young and ambitious staff at the front who are eager and passionate about everything customer service and I'm glad you got to experience it with us.

Please do let me know if I can be of any further assistance and we look forward to your stay in the fall or the Christmas!!

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

At the recommendation of a co-worker, I decided to stay somewhere new during a recent business trip, and I'm glad I did. The Hyatt Union Square offers guests incredible service, beautiful accommodations and is within walking distance of everything you'd need. The hotel's lounge, restaurant and gym are all top-notch, and I'll definitely be back.

Room Tip: My room faced 4th Avenue, and I would never have noticed based on the noise level. I can't imagi...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear Joshua D,

Thank you so much for this wonderful review. We are so glad you took the advise of your co-worker and found our gem of a hotel. We are also glad that you enjoyed your stay very much and have decided to return to us. I will be sure to let my staff know about your commendations on the service and upkeep of the hotel.

We will be anxiously waiting for your return and feel free to reach me should you have any questions.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Great little hotel in the heart of the city. Close to shops, food, restaurant etc. We were able to walk almost everywhere from here and everything was at your doorstep. Rooms were cozy and clean and the washroom are great. Service is exceptional and the staff are very friendly. Turn down service, extra late check-out (3pm) we requested and they said no problem for no cost, Ice tea in the lobby, complementary towels, headsets, apples and water at the gym. Valet was 65 dollars a day,there was also parking across the street and the on 12th as well, but it costs 50 dollars for 24hours. I think the cost of 65 was worth it because we stayed longer than 24 hours and there were no extra charges. We had a great time and really liked the service. They really aim to please here.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Chris_Holbrook, General Manager at Hyatt Union Square New York, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Dear Kami K,

Thank you so much for this wonderful review. I am glad that you had a wonderful stay with us. I am also pleased to hear that our staff has made this stay of yours one to remember. I will gladly share this review with my team.

Please feel free to contact me when your plan brings you back to Hyatt Union Square. And thank you for staying with us. We look forward to welcoming you back to Hyatt Union Square.

Richmond, London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

Fantastic location close to shops, subway and Union Sq.

Empyreal Suite was amazing. With separate dining table, lounge, 2 person shower, wc and bedroom. Sleek modern design, usual Hyatt Comfort. Excellent views, was happy to be able to see the Empire State Building.

Service from staff was impeccable.

I would choose this hotel again without hesitation. 5 star experience.

• Stayed June 2014
Chris_Holbrook, General Manager at Hyatt Union Square New York, responded to this review, June 29, 2014
Hello there,

Thank you so much for your amazing review. I'm so glad you had a wonderful stay with us. I am glad you loved our Empyreal Suite. It's one of our bigger suites with lots of room and of course the amenities and features that come with it. It's my personal favorite as well.

I will only hope that you will be joining us again in the near future. With all our wishes, please enjoy the beautiful summer and see you very soon.

Buenos Aires, Argentina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

I stay for 5 nights, it;s a new Hyatt in the nice and most strategic neighborhood in NYC, you are near of everything by walk or by subway (at one block). The hotel is in a nice buildinq and with a modern decoration that looks very good, I stay in a king room that was small but very comfortable, excellent bed and pillows and nice shower. The bar that's located at the corner of 13th st and 4th av and has also an independent street entrance is very trendy and a good place to take a drink before you go out to dinner, don't hesitate to take breakfast at the restaurant, excellent coffee and a good service in a very nice decor. I would give 5 stars to this review but because of an important error of them with my reservation that was partially solved I take off one, in spite of that I will return here.

Room Tip: higher rooms
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Mr. Adrian K,

Thank you for this kind review. It is our pleasure to have hosted you and I'm very please do know that your stay was more than satisfactory despite your reservation error. And I would like to sincerely apologize for the inconsistency.

You have described our hotel and in fact beautifully drawn up a virtual map of the hotel and "to dos" for our future guests. And I would like to thank you for that.

Please do connect with me the next time you are in town so we can take care of you. We look forward to welcoming you back to Hyatt Union Square.

Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

I was highly disappointed with my experience here.

1. The rooms are very small for what you pay ($500 a night) - the closet is a small piece of furniture, and the shower is literally on top of the bed. I'd say 150 square feet at most, including bathroom space.

2. They charge you an offensive amount for just about everything. Water, that's $8 extra. Coffee, oh that's $12 (really?). You want to bring some beverages back to the lobby, sorry, that's not permitted under hotel rules (i was actually told this).

3. They don't really have a concierge or other value-added services that I am aware of.

I think you can stay in much better value around Union Square, or higher end hotels on Central Park, than stay here.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Chris_Holbrook, General Manager at Hyatt Union Square New York, responded to this review, June 21, 2014
Dear mjeleven11,

I am very sad to see that you didn't have a satisfactory stay with us. I wanted to apologize for all inconvenience you endured during your stay.

I would like to clarify that there is no restriction in bringing in coffee from outside through or into the lobby as our front desk staff always recommend the many coffee shops around the neighborhood such as Think Coffee, Starbucks, Pie Face etc. I am not sure who that individual could be but we'll investigate this further and inform them of our policy.

Please contact me directly should you reconsider us again and I'll be more than happy to arrange a better accommodation as we have several room categories that might suit your needs.

Thank you for the feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to Hyatt Union Square.

chris.holbrook@hyatt.com

Been to Hyatt Union Square New York? Share your experiences!