“Have seen this before, well worth another night in NY.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 846 attractions in New York City
Type: Performances
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: LEAPIN' LIZARDS! It's an all-new production of one of the most acclaimed musicals of the past 35 years! With equal measures of pluck and positivity, little orphan ANNIE charms everyone's hearts, despite a next-to-nothing start in 1930s New York City. And now, alongside her signature pal dog, Sandy, she's set her sights on making us grin from ear to ear as she inspires a whole new millennium. Winner of 7 Tony Awards® including Best Musical, ANNIE - with Music by Charles Strouse, Lyrics by Martin Charnin, and Book by Thomas Meehan - makes its triumphant return to Broadway in a brand new production from Tony, Drama Desk and Pulitzer Prize-winning Director James Lapine and an A-list creative team.
Astoria oregon
164 attraction reviews
“Have seen this before, well worth another night in NY.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

This is still fun, the music just as riveting. Like fine wine this has simply just gotten better. A perennial one can see on stage over and over again!

Visited January 2014

Oeiras, Portugal
19 attraction reviews
“The real Christmas musical”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

Went to see Annie with my family during Christmas time and loved it. The theatre was very nice at the heart of Times Square and the musical has been great: kids were overwhelming with it. We've bought tickets just before, so only available were in the top of mezzanine, but no issue, great total view even for the kids.

Visited December 2013
Ghent, Belgium
21 attraction reviews
“Impressive experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

The palace theatre itself is not an exciting building, but the show really is. We were with a group of 5 and all of us were excited. The decors, the actors and the choreography are really very well done.

Visited October 2013
Brisbane, Australia
“Annie - Great way to experience a show on Broadway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

My Husband and two daughters recently took in the show as part of our NY experience. We bought the cheapest seats we could but even in our back of the audience spots we had a great overall view and didn't feel too far away. We loved the feel of the old theatre on Broadway and the show didn't disappoint. Although I knew the story from start to finish I was captivated from the very first scene. Even my husband who I thought might not enjoy the show as much as the girls and I, came away raving about the experience and in fact felt it was one of the many highlights to our NYC experience.

Visited December 2013
Dallas, Texas
18 attraction reviews
“Fun for the family”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

I took the wife and kids to see Annie, and dreaded it. But, I found myself enjoying the show (not quite as much as the kids, though). It was nicely paced, and kept our attention. I also enjoyed having a bar to keep myself properly hydrated.

Visited October 2013