“Great location-Close to everything without being in the middle of it!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Manhattan Times Square South

You added Holiday Inn Express Manhattan Times Square South to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Manhattan Times Square South
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   60 West 36th Street & 6th Ave, New York City, NY 10018 (Formerly Holiday Inn Express NYC -Herald Square 36th St) (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #88 of 459 Hotels in New York City
Clifton Park, New York
“Great location-Close to everything without being in the middle of it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Everyone knows that Times Square is really obnoxious with the foot traffic! This hotel is located a couple blocks over and several blocks (well, 4) south and is a perfect location to sample NY and not be overwhelmed by it. - My room was lovely (although it was described as "with a view" which turned out to be a very tall office building!) and well appointed, clean and comfortable. There are only 8 rooms on a floor which keeps the noise from neighbors down too.

I was a little disappointed that my IHG Club membership had no perks there (I didn't ask, tho, it had been too long a day). Usually you get at least a bottle of water. And, of course, breakfast is the typical junk - it's not a Holiday Inn thing, it's a universal thing with hotel breakfasts. I grabbed a banana.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Omar A, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manhattan Times Square South, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thank you for taking your time to write a review on your recent stay. I am glad to hear that you did enjoy your room and the location was conveniently located near most exciting areas in NYC. My apologies that you didn't receive the amenities as you are the IHG club member. We hope that in the near future you can come back to us and we can make your stay spectacular.

Marina

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Nazareth, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights during October of 2013 and enjoyed it. The hotel is located in a great location, 5 min walk to Macy's and the Empire State Building, 8 min to Times Square and Broadway. Subway stations are also very close as are several places to eat including restaurants and fast food places. The hotel itself is clean an offers a complimentary breakfast which was very nice. There is a small Gym as well. The staff were quite helpful when asked for recommendations and addresses for several locations. Would definitely stay here again next time I'm in NY.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Fatin_Nazareth82 thank you for a wonderful review and for taking your time to write it. I am glad to hear that you had a great time with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Marina
paisley
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

I spent 6 very comfortable nights here in October 2013.
The hotel is in a very good location - 3 min walk to subway, 5 mins walk to Macy's, 5 mins walk to The Empire Statue Building, 10 mins to Times Square and 15 min walk to Rockefella Center to name but a few. We stayed for a week and only used a cab once - to get us from airport. The $30 subway ticket was amazing value!

Staff were very welcoming, helpful and friendly. Check-in was very quick with no fuss. As a platinum guest they had a small gift bag and water for us ready at arrival.

Self-serves breakfast is complimentary - Tea, Coffee, Orange Juice, Toast, Bagels, Pancakes, Scrambled eggs or omelette, sausages and some random thing that was called gravy - I was never brave enough to taste it! pastries, cereals, fruit, peanut butter spread etc. and yogurts.

We stayed in room 1702 which contained air-con with 2 double beds, wardrobe with wooden hangers, chest of 3 drawers, tea/coffee making facilities, ice bucket, TV, full size iron & ironing board. Safe inside the wardrobe - which was FOC. Bathroom very good sized shower, toilet, basin, good hair-dryer. Shower gel, shampoo & conditioner - topped up daily.

Wifi - we had access to wifi in our room, which is FOC to all guests.

The room we had backed on to an amazing view of the Empire State Building and eve although adjoining there was no noise.

We had an enjoyable stay at the Holiday Inn. Should we return to NYC, we would definitely return to this hotel.

Room Tip: Higher room - 1702 perfect view. Email hotel before arrival to request. I did - got no reply, howe...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

We spent two nights at the HIE Oct 7-8 2013. The hotel staff was very nice and helpful. I had several questions and they were always helpful. The property looks to be in excellent shape and our room seemed large for a NYC hotel. Every aspect seemed to be freshly renovated. It was easy to get a taxi and close enough to walk to everything if so inclined to do so. Breakfast buffet was good (standard fare in all Holiday Inn Expresses) and there was plenty of room for all of the diners. I recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

We decide to celebrate our 20th anniversary in NYC, spent 5 nights at this little jem in W 36 St, the location was perfect! everything was in hand reach and the staff was very helpful and kind, we would like to mention specially Chris and Marina that helped us to get a quiet room on 19 floor.
when we are back in New York, this hotel will be our first choice for stay.

Room Tip: Rooms on floors 15 and above are quiet, ask for the one ending with 08 for empire state building vie...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

My daughter & I spent 4 very comfortable nights here in Sept-2013. We both thoroughly enjoyed our time in NYC. The hotel is in a very good location - 3 min walk to subway, 5 mins walk to Macy's, 5 mins walk to The Empire Statue Building, 10 mins to Times Square and 15 min walk to Rockefella Center to name but a few.

Staff were very welcoming, helpful and friendly. We arrived 30 mins prior to check-in and we were not kept waiting. Check-in was very quick with no fuss.

Self-serves breakfast is complimentary - Tea, Coffee, Orange Juice, Toast, Bagels, Pancakes, Scrambled eggs or omelette, sausages and something that white (may have been beans!) pastries, cereals, fruit, peanut butter spread etc. and yogurts.

We stayed in room 1106 (Level 11), which contained air-con with 2 double beds, wardrobe with wooden hangers, chest of 3 drawers, tea/coffee making facilities, ice bucket, TV, full size iron & ironing board. Safe inside the wardrobe - which was FOC. Bathroom very good sized shower, toilet, basin, good hair-dryer. Shower gel, shampoo & conditioner - topped up daily.

Wifi - we had access to wifi in our room, there were one or two occasions when we could gain access, but mostly a good.

I see that on another review on TA, they were complaining about noise being heard from level 14. From the date it was posted it appears that I too was there at the same time. As I mentioned, I stayed on level 11 facing the road and we were not woken up by any noise at all.

Room Tip: I believe that some of the rooms on higher levels have a beautiful view of the Empire Statue Buildin...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Haifa, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

I'll start with the service: I arrived at the hotel at 9:30 am, after a cruise, we'll before check-in time. However, within minutes I already got my room, and even offered to join the breakfast buffet (even though I wasn't really entitled to breakfast).

I even got a small, but nice, welcome bag being a Holiday Inn member.

Such an excellent performance will make me choose this hotel next time I'm in New York.

The room itself was small, but I didn't really need more. The room, and bathroom, we're very clean. There was enough storage space, and everything felt new.

I read reviews talking about troubles with the wifi, and I have to say that it's not something I experienced. The wifi worked perfectly. I also never had problems with noise (I had a room on the 14th floor, facing 36th st., and it was very quiet).

The breakfast, which is included, was a typical Holiday Inn Express breakfast. The breakfast area is also not big, but there was never a problem finding a place to sit.

The location, of course, is perfect. A short walking distance from many important places: Times Square, Penn Station, Macey's, etc. It's also easy to get to the subway, which is only a block away (35th st and 6th).

It's definitely one of the few hotels where you can find a very good room for a reasonable price.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express Manhattan Times Square South? Share your experiences!