“Convenient Location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn Midtown West

Save Saved
You added Comfort Inn Midtown West to your Saves list
Comfort Inn Midtown West
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   548 West 48th Street, New York City, NY 10036 (Hell's Kitchen)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #258 of 452 hotels in New York City
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Convenient Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

This hotel is located within walking distance of the theater district, Times Square, Empire State Building, bus and subway plus the facilities are very nice and the staff is great! The rooms are small but most New York hotel rooms are. No closets or dressers - hanging space for six items and some shelves. We had a room with 2 double beds with a desk between the beds. We found it was easier to keep clothes in the suitcase. The breakfast includes eggs and a meat plus the usual yogart, fruit, bagels, juice, cereal - more than enough to keep 5 teenage girls and their chaperones happy. The lobby where the breakfast is located gets full later in the morning - only a few tables. If you wait much past 8:30 you will be eating breakfast off your lap. Coffee is available all day. Coffee maker in the room was nice but plugs were limited. Coffee maker is on the wide window ledge but no plug - had to move stuff off the desk to make room for the coffee maker - no big deal. The staff was very helpful regarding buses and restaurants. Great place to stay for our Girl Scout trip.

Room Tip: Rooms on the front of the hotel will get construction noise starting about 7AM.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Jsoto5128, General Manager at Comfort Inn Midtown West, responded to this review, July 10, 2014

167 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Conn.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

This hotel is located in the Hell's Kitchen section of the city. Walking distance to Times Square, Grand Central Station and Broadway. Close to subway station to get anywhere else. The hotel room is small but very well kept. We had one queen size bed. Very neat and clean. Bathroom was clean and the room had a coffee maker. The hotel is very quiet from inside and outside noise. Nice big window to look out from making the room bright. The only issue was the AC is near the bed and you can feel it on you. It didn't really bother me at all but if you don't like that you may want to check out a larger room with two beds so you are not close to the a/c. They supply 24 hour free coffee, tea and hot choc. The breakfast is nice with homemade waffles and waffle iron, oat meal. eggs, ham, cold cereals, toast , bagels and muffins. That was all included in the price. Not a bad deal considering that would be an extra expense if you went out for that at NY prices. The hotel was helpful with directions and had maps if you needed them. I found it to be a good location for walking to places and getting the subway. I would stay here again on my next visit and would recommend it to others looking to stay in that area.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for the great review! I will make sure to let our Housekeeping department know your comments on the room cleanliness. They will really appreciate it! Our breakfast is great, isn't it? I'm happy you were able to partake in our complimentary breakfast and that you enjoyed the rest of your time with us. We hope to have you as a guest again in the near future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

Just back from our first trip to new York with my two sisters.the hotel very friendly staff. The rooms are not huge tho we had two double beds in it but it is more than adequate as we were out all day. Only coming back later at night to sleep.breakfast was good tho dining area small but we were always lucky to get table. It's only ten minutes walk to times square and really central for everything.would definitely go back to stay there again

• Stayed June 2014

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

My parents have been wanting to go to NYC for some time now. When they finally gave me the go ahead I jumped on hotwire and booked our vacation. My Dad had just started using a powered wheel chair, so I made sure to let hotwire know that we needed a wheelchair accessible room, however, when we got to the hotel, we weren't able to even get the wheelchair in the room we had booked. Jon Graziano was the gentleman working the front desk, and he went above and beyond, multiple times, to fix the problem. Comfort Inn may not be the first name you think of when you go to New York City, but I can't imagine a hotel anywhere having better service.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

I travel often for work and have stayed at a lot of hotels in the area that are 5 stars. This hotel was booked for me by my assistant and i and so glad that she did. When i checked in to the hotel i was greeted by Jon and the front desk. His smile and attitude made it clear that he loves his job and is happy, which is important this day and age. There were a few other people at the front desk as well waiting to check in and he made it his priority to make us all feel important and top priority. Upon check in he handed me my key which i found nice ( other hotels i have been to just yell out the number ) He also gave me a card with his name on and informed me if i need anything reservations for dinner, direction etc that he would be more then happy to accommodate. He did make me reservations for dinner and booked me tickets to see a show. Because of him i will be back the next time i am in NY.

Kristen C.

Room Tip: Rooms to the back of the hotel are more quiet due to construction on the street.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Russell, KY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

My two daughters and I recently spent four nights at this hotel during a theater trip as part of a Travelocity package. It was about a fifteen minute walk to midtown for us. There was construction going on across from the hotel and at the end of the street, so that was a problem--construction at 7 am; however, that wasn't the hotel's fault. We had a sound machine with us which helped; plus, I had brought earplugs because NYC is always noisy compared to home. (None of us used earplugs though.) Our two double bed room was small, but there was enough room to walk around without bumping into walls and each other. The beds were very comfortable and so were the pillows. There were shelves built into the walls for storage that included six hangers that folded down. There was a desk between the beds with a seat that fit underneath. Two people could share it easily. The bathroom itself certainly wasn't huge, but the shower was roomy. The staff was always welcoming and helpful, and I told them it was the friendliest hotel that I've ever stayed at in NYC. (I've visited about 20 times.) The breakfast was complimentary and had great variety: eggs-both scrambled and hard boiled, sausage or ham, breads, pastries, yogurt, and waffles. The breakfast area was small, so we took ours back to our room each morning. There was an ice machine on the lowest level, C, that was free to use and a vending machine as well with snacks and drinks.There were two rooms just off the lobby, so I would make sure that you request anything but those. I can imagine the noise level would be troublesome. There was a computer available in the lobby/breakfast area to print boarding passes for free. The hotel also stored our luggage on our last day.

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor which was very handy for coming and going to avoid waiting on the one...

South Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

Ok, it was Memorial Day weekend, Ok, it's central New York. I didn't expect much above three-star, but seriously - $350 per night for this?

The young lady on the desk had some attitude, and brusquely assigned us a room immediately off the lobby. I was hesitant, but we were running so late we had no time to argue.

Ugh, Got in at nearly 1am after a show, to be woken at 5am (Sunday) to the racket of staff preparing breakfast, then continuous racket until we gave up at 6.30am. Right outside the (very thin) door.

The desk was very obviously aware of this problem, and offered us a laughable $20 discount. I declined and responded that 50% was closer to the mark - and that I would rather give them a roasting on TripAdvisor than accept a paltry $20.

These rooms should not even be there. The hotel has obviously made use of some dead space and is trying to milk every last dollar.

Maybe if occupants were advised that they are paying for a half night's sleep ... ?

Room Tip: Do not under any circumstances accept a room on the entry level to the left of the lobby (I think th...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Inn Midtown West? Share your experiences!