“Our First Trip To NYC” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn Midtown West

Save Saved
You added Comfort Inn Midtown West to your Saves list
Comfort Inn Midtown West
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   548 West 48th Street, New York City, NY 10036 (Hell's Kitchen)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #262 of 451 hotels in New York City
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Our First Trip To NYC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

My parents have been wanting to go to NYC for some time now. When they finally gave me the go ahead I jumped on hotwire and booked our vacation. My Dad had just started using a powered wheel chair, so I made sure to let hotwire know that we needed a wheelchair accessible room, however, when we got to the hotel, we weren't able to even get the wheelchair in the room we had booked. Jon Graziano was the gentleman working the front desk, and he went above and beyond, multiple times, to fix the problem. Comfort Inn may not be the first name you think of when you go to New York City, but I can't imagine a hotel anywhere having better service.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Jsoto5128, General Manager at Comfort Inn Midtown West, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago

156 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

I travel often for work and have stayed at a lot of hotels in the area that are 5 stars. This hotel was booked for me by my assistant and i and so glad that she did. When i checked in to the hotel i was greeted by Jon and the front desk. His smile and attitude made it clear that he loves his job and is happy, which is important this day and age. There were a few other people at the front desk as well waiting to check in and he made it his priority to make us all feel important and top priority. Upon check in he handed me my key which i found nice ( other hotels i have been to just yell out the number ) He also gave me a card with his name on and informed me if i need anything reservations for dinner, direction etc that he would be more then happy to accommodate. He did make me reservations for dinner and booked me tickets to see a show. Because of him i will be back the next time i am in NY.

Kristen C.

Room Tip: Rooms to the back of the hotel are more quiet due to construction on the street.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Russell, KY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

My two daughters and I recently spent four nights at this hotel during a theater trip as part of a Travelocity package. It was about a fifteen minute walk to midtown for us. There was construction going on across from the hotel and at the end of the street, so that was a problem--construction at 7 am; however, that wasn't the hotel's fault. We had a sound machine with us which helped; plus, I had brought earplugs because NYC is always noisy compared to home. (None of us used earplugs though.) Our two double bed room was small, but there was enough room to walk around without bumping into walls and each other. The beds were very comfortable and so were the pillows. There were shelves built into the walls for storage that included six hangers that folded down. There was a desk between the beds with a seat that fit underneath. Two people could share it easily. The bathroom itself certainly wasn't huge, but the shower was roomy. The staff was always welcoming and helpful, and I told them it was the friendliest hotel that I've ever stayed at in NYC. (I've visited about 20 times.) The breakfast was complimentary and had great variety: eggs-both scrambled and hard boiled, sausage or ham, breads, pastries, yogurt, and waffles. The breakfast area was small, so we took ours back to our room each morning. There was an ice machine on the lowest level, C, that was free to use and a vending machine as well with snacks and drinks.There were two rooms just off the lobby, so I would make sure that you request anything but those. I can imagine the noise level would be troublesome. There was a computer available in the lobby/breakfast area to print boarding passes for free. The hotel also stored our luggage on our last day.

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor which was very handy for coming and going to avoid waiting on the one...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

South Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

Ok, it was Memorial Day weekend, Ok, it's central New York. I didn't expect much above three-star, but seriously - $350 per night for this?

The young lady on the desk had some attitude, and brusquely assigned us a room immediately off the lobby. I was hesitant, but we were running so late we had no time to argue.

Ugh, Got in at nearly 1am after a show, to be woken at 5am (Sunday) to the racket of staff preparing breakfast, then continuous racket until we gave up at 6.30am. Right outside the (very thin) door.

The desk was very obviously aware of this problem, and offered us a laughable $20 discount. I declined and responded that 50% was closer to the mark - and that I would rather give them a roasting on TripAdvisor than accept a paltry $20.

These rooms should not even be there. The hotel has obviously made use of some dead space and is trying to milk every last dollar.

Maybe if occupants were advised that they are paying for a half night's sleep ... ?

Room Tip: Do not under any circumstances accept a room on the entry level to the left of the lobby (I think th...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
MIAMI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

I'm usually a snob about hotels but I was in town for business and this place is great. Small but clean and economical, and walking distance to theater district and Midtown. The staff is friendly and helpful, and breakfast is included.

Room Tip: The hotel is small, so maybe something away from the street, where there was construction going on i...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

Nice place to stay. Was reasonably priced and reception staff were nice and friendly. A good base to explore from. Only problem was the building work going on across the street, very noisy at 6.30am!

Rooms were clean and I would visit again. Lots of reviews saying the rooms were small, yes they are but it wasn't a problem for us at all. The bed was plenty big enough :)

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Albany, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

Rooms and the facility overall were very clean. Free full breakfast is a plus -- saved us the cost of two meals every day, since we'd generally slip lunch after this breakfast and have an early dinner. The small lobby gets crowded in the morning for breakfast, but the meal is complementary, so it's hard to complain.

Security staff was on the job quickly and efficiently when we called about some guests who were making a lot of noise with their doors open after midnight.

Wanted to note the hard and efficient work of breakfast attendant Christine St. Onge.

Long waits sometimes for the single elevator in the hotel.

The bed in our room was large and commodious, with plenty of pillows (often a shortcoming at hotels) but the bed took up most of the room. Not a great space if we'd planned to spend much time there.

Beware street noise. Nothing the hotel can do about it, but construction across the street started every morning at 7:30. Impossible to sleep with the pile drivers and jack hammers. And a large street crowd of drunk revelers woke us up one morning at 4:00. Have no idea where they came from or what they were doing out in a large,concentrated crowd at that hour.

Short walk to see the Intrepid at the waterfront, which we finally did after missing it on many previous trips. Well worth the short hike over there; we spent hours aboard the ship.

Convenient location. Hell's Kitchen is an up-and-coming neighborhood. Some really friendly neighborhood residents invited us in to the Clinton-Hell's Kitchen Community Garden a block east of the hotel on W. 48th. Charming space.

Room Tip: Street view is always nice, but ask about the construction across the street before you book -- very...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Inn Midtown West? Share your experiences!