“Excellent” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn Midtown West

Save Saved
You added Comfort Inn Midtown West to your Saves list
Comfort Inn Midtown West
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   548 West 48th Street, New York City, NY 10036 (Hell's Kitchen)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #267 of 449 hotels in New York City
liverpool
“Excellent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 5 nights in june. Was a bit sceptical after reading some reviews but as an optimist an someone who travels to see an experience not sit in room an watch tv? I wasnt to bothered. This was my first time in NY and i honestly dont know what people expect when staying in a city tight for space. The location is approx 20 minute straight road stroll to time square an broadway or 5 mins in taxi an $8, the rooms have a large bathroom an large bed, some hanging space for approx 5 garments, tv with various channels, bedside table with draw an desk with draw, also 4 long narrow shelves, a coffe maker chair, iron an ironing board. Everything worked well an was spotless, we were 2 adults sharing with 2 cases and my wife done alot of shopping an space was never an issue. As expected we slept showered an changed in our room an the rest of the time was spent experiencing this wonderful city. Breakfast was no issue at all, always enough food out even at busy times an topped up regulary. Seating could be an issue but people need to be brave an communicate! A simple "is anyone sitting here" gets you a seat. The staff were all great an very helpfull. The area of hells kitchen an around hotel is very much up an coming lots of delis resturants an bars, alot of which are aimed at the gay community which is dominant in this area but again if you have no issue with this then all fine. The hudson river is 50 metres from hotel. All in all a nice hotel in great location with all neccessary ammenities for a visit to nyc. Would stay again.

• Stayed June 2013

150 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Plano, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

This hotel is only a few months old. The rooms are very small but quiet and comfortable. the street its on is also very quiet. Everything was new and works. The staff very friendly and accommodating. The bed was very comfortable. If your on a fixed work per diem like me this is a great choice.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I was really concerned by some of the comments by other reviewers but I wonder what they expect from a hotel room with free breakfast in NYC! Yes the rooms are a little small but they were spotless and we didn't have an problem with the storage. Empty cases stored under the sink in the good size bathroom and moving the showerhead to a better position myself/moving the coffee maker to the desk proved to be a very easy solution (not sure whether other reviewers thought to this!)
The breakfast was fantastic, lots of choice and we never found it to run out. The breakfast area is small but a bit of courtesy from other diners by leaving the table when they have finished and there would be no issues with the amount of seating.
All of the staff were great, friendly and willing to help with any queries. The building work was noisy but luckily we were up by the time the work started.
Hell's Kitchen was a great place to stay, plenty of places to eat.
Planning on going back to this hotel

Room Tip: Try not to get the ground floor/lobby rooms as they will be very noisy due to the breakfast area
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Jsoto5128, General Manager at Comfort Inn Midtown West, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Thank you so much for the amazing review. We pride ourselves on providing great service to our guests. As you mentioned in your review of breakfast, we have changed our strategy to help accommodate more guests during breakfast to make sure that every guest has an opportunity for a great meal. I truly appreciate you taking the time to review the hotel and would love to meet you face to face when you return to the property. Thank you again and have a wonderful day!
Atlantic City
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Stayed here primarily because our usual NYC hotel was sold out. The facility is brand new, so the bathroom, bed and TV were very nice. The staff was very pleasant. Unfortunately, that's about it for this hotel. There was no refrigerator in the room, no closets, no drawers, no place to unpack. There was so little furniture, they put the coffee maker was on the window sill. They do offer king size beds, which was nice for NYC. We're big Broadway fans, and this hotel is too far from the theater district to be an easy walk, so your transportation choices are the cross town bus or taxis, as there are no subway lines near this location. If you are visiting Hell's Kitchen, and don't need to venture too far from this location, I could recommend it, but if you're going to be out and about, I'd look for a more convenient location.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Mobile, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

This is a new hotel. Located convenient to the Intrepid Museum and also only a few blocks to Times Square. The hotel is very clean but everything is small, from the lobby to the rooms. Still very nice and with a decent breakfast provided. There was construction across the street which was very noisy. Don't get a room on the front side because of that.
We didn't complain about the noise which usually started at 7 am because we just didn't want to move to another room, but we probably should have. We mentioned the noise at check-out and we got an apology and an offer for extra Choice Privilege points, which I took. I felt fairly treated. Staff was nice the entire stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

I booked this new Comfort Inn to spend a couple of nights in the city with friends. I was warmly greeted at checkin by a very sweet woman who welcomed me as a Choice Privileges member and I even got a welcome bag with water and snacks, something you don't see at a Comfort Inn.

I got to my room, which was well appointed but somewhat small. Staying in NYC, I expected this but it turned out to be a great room. Comfortable pillows and bed, nice size TV and the bathroom was nice as well. I saw the other reviews about the hotel size and all I can say is that they are being whiney babies. When you travel to NYC, your going to get a small room. If your traveling to NYC, your not there to spend all your time in a room.

Breakfast, contrary to some other reviews, was well stocked. The attendants were very nice and did their best to make sure everything was restocked quickly.

Overall, it was a great stay and I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again (I already have my next stay booked).

• Stayed May 2013
Juan S, General Manager at Comfort Inn Midtown West, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Thank you so much for the great review. We are proud of the hotel and the service we provide. Yes, the rooms are small but I agree with your comments. When you travel to NYC, your not here to stay in a room all day. Your out seeing the sites and using the room to sleep. Thank you again for the review and I hope to see you on your next visit with us!
Panama City, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights using our Choice Reward Points...otherwise I will not stay here again.

I have stayed in small rooms before but this was ridiculous. The shower was set towards to corner of this extremely small stall so I moved it so I could get wet resulting in a flood in the bathroom. I was trying to shampoo my hair and either banged my elbow into the wall or hit the water control which left a huge bruise on my arm.

There is no storage at all. No closets or drawers. In a small room like this, the desk and window sill were the only surface to put your items.

The breakfast was always out and the bread for toast was stale. There is no coffee creamer...just milk that was out also.

The walls were so thin, we could hear people having private conversations in their rooms while waiting for the elevator.

Speaking of the elevator...there is one and only one in the hotel. It took forever to arrive.and when it did it was packed and there was no room.

The desk clerks were the most pleasant part of our stay. They were very nice.

• Stayed May 2013
Thank your for taking the time to review the hotel. In regards to the setup of the room, yes they are small but that is to be expected at almost any hotel in NYC. About the breakfast, I appreciate you letting us know what some of the challenges are so that we have an opportunity to fix them in the future. I always like to hear both the good and the bad, in order for us to continually strive to improve ourselves. Thank you again for taking the time for the review and have an amazing day!

Been to Comfort Inn Midtown West? Share your experiences!