“Former gas station made great!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of B-Bar & Grill

B-Bar & Grill
40 East 4th St, Bowery, New York City, NY (Manhattan)
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #2,788 of 11,599 restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Manhattan
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Former gas station made great!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

This is a lovely place- great garden- get a table there.
This used to be my favourite sunday night restaurant when I was more regularly in NY, but I still go when I am there now. Such a pleasure. Food is good quality, not over the top, and the staff are great.

Visited September 2012

66% Recommend
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Comfort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

Great staff! The menu had a good variety of choices. The patio is fabulous! We drank some cold Rose and I had the veggie burger- which can be boring but it was tasty and filling after a long day. I did not get to try lunch- perhaps on my next visit.

Visited July 2012
New Paltz,NY
“Great Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

My husband and I spent a leisurely day in NYC for our wedding anniversary visiting museums, shopping, walking around. We were hungry and were passing this restaurant so we stopped in. The decor was eclectic and interesting and the food was out of this world. We sat in the back which is designed as a 1950's diner. We ordered gazpacho and fish tacos and a couple of cold drinks. Let me repeat, the food was out of this world! I can't wait to go back. The service was excellent and the prices a little high but expected for NYC. The atmosphere was a little hectic. There is a large open patio as well as an indoor sports bar. Don't miss it. (I see other reviews on YELP weren't as complementary but my experience was great)

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“Don't bother...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I knew I was going to have a bad experience the moment I walked into this restaurant. It was pretty clear to me that the hostess was not interested in working at this place or even seating us - she was more interested in talking to one of the waiters. The joint was 1/4 full and everyone was seated in 1 section of the restaurant - lots of empty tables. Anyhow, the food was ok but overpriced and the wine and beer selection was adequate. The wait staff was mediocre - not very attentive and like the hostes - not interested in being there. However, the patio looked amazing and was perfect for hot Sunday afternoon!

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Sydney, Australia
“Good for an outdoor summer beer garden catch up”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

This place does get a great lunchtime and early evening buzz. Our hotel was just around the corner and after days of going to other areas we decided to stay really local. Good buzz, drank great sangrias and had good bar food style food. There was a mexican soft taco done with duck and it was great. The venue did seem to pitter out by evening though.

Visited June 2012