“Comfortable, Clean, Convenient” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #270 of 451 hotels in New York City
Atlanta, Georgia
“Comfortable, Clean, Convenient”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Fresh/clean rooms. 2 blocks to the end of the "L" line - with 25 minute express rides into Midtown. Free internet and basic breakfast. And reasonably priced - specially when the mediocre hotels in Midtown, with moldy rooms and tattered upholstery charge 2x as much!
** Bonus: Plethora of ethnic restaurants and “French” bakeries. great Vietnamese, Taiwanese, Sichuan, Seafood, Thai, steps away.
** If you has stayed in one of those small independent hotels in Singapore/Hong Kong that cater to value conscious travelers – you will feel right at home

Room Tip: Asked and got high (9th) floor. No street noise at all. Great sichuan restaurant 2 door down
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dave W, Owner at Asiatic Hotel - Flushing, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Hello, K-Sub,
Just wanted to give a warm thank you and sincere appreciation for giving us the pleasure of having you as our guest. We are delighted that you had a pleasant experience and hope to see you soon. Thank you again!

74 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

We stayed four nights and they very nice junior suite on the ninth floor. It was clean and neat with a modern flair and wooden flooring. Free wifi, free breakfast, free slippers, free toothbrush/paste was a nice touch. Daily housekeeping was very good and always completed by the time we returned at the end of the day.

The things lacking was complimentary body lotion, box of kleenex and hair conditioner, a peephole in the door and ball latch lock on room door for added security would be nice.

The front desk was friendly and helpful. Our room description stated microwave oven, refrigertor and sofabed. These were not in the room upon arrival, but they very quickly resolved the issue.

I would recommend to a friend

Room Tip: Our junior suite had a window seat. It was nice to sit and read with cup of coffee or coctail at n...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Hi Louise119,

As always, we greatly appreciate you giving us the opportunity to have you as our guest. We will continually strive to improve guests' experiences and insightful reviews such as the one you have provided will definitely help us further that goal. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon!
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Simple, clean, convinient location for MTA subway #7 and Laguadia airport transportation. Lots of Asian bakeries and restaurants to choose from if you like Chinese food. I like the clean wood/tile floor in the room which make it easy to clean and no hidden dirt or germ. Slippers was a nice touch. They also provide tooth brush and tooth paste in the bathroom. It is very typical Asian hotel decor. Breakfast was simple to start your day but you can always go down the street to have something more. I will definitly coming back here when I visit NYC next time.

• Stayed February 2013
Hi,

All of us at the Asiatic Hotel would like to thank you for your kind words and keen insight. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and greatly look forward to your next visit. Thank you again!
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

As a native New Yorker, I give the Asiatic Hotel - 2 thumbs up! The hotel is fairly new but has a soft comfortable touch. The staff is very friendly (and helpful) and the location is great. The room, the hallways, the elevator and the lobby were all very clean. They provide you with a nice pair of bedroom slippers designed with their logo. There's a continental breakfast (but I had an early flight)....so I wasn't able to indulge in what was probably some good food.

All in all.....I had a great stay and plan to return. The Asiatic Hotel is about 10 minutes from LGA airport and maybe a $10 cab ride. Plenty of shopping on Main Street which is a 3 minute walk from the hotel.

A big “Thank you!” to the staff and I’ll see you again soon!

Room Tip: I stayed on the 9th floor (not sure which side of the building) but I was able to watch the sunset a...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Hi Dee425,

We'd like to say an even "Bigger Thank You" to you for the kind words expressed in your review. It gives our staff tremendous pride and joy when guests enjoy their stay with us and we are looking forward to your next visit. Big, bigger, and biggest thanks again!
Mississauga, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

The property and the owner David are more than nice. Actually I would say the property is beautiful. David is very accomodating and is easily accessible at most time.

However, I did speak with David before hand about comming in for an early check in as we were comming in from Toronto and would be driving through the night to avoid traffic and an incomming storm. I was assured by David that there would be a room ready for us apon our arrival. There was no room, the reception had no note of this and could barely understand english.

When it was resolved they did say thier cleaning staff came in at 9am and we would have a room by 9:30-10:00am (this was at 7am) we were offered breakfast on the second floor. Breakfast was very good however the staff there didnt look like staff at all, in jeans a ski jacket and baseball cap. He did turn out to be very friendly and knowledgeable abotu the area just an unprofessional look throught the stay.

We felt as if we were second rate guest as ALL of their staff spoke some dialect of chinese but most of them could not speak english. The room was only ready at 11:30.

There is no convience store or anykid of 24hour service for food. So come prepared with snacks, we didnt find any of the businesses around to be 24 hours either.

The room itself was very clean and nice. As described however we ordered 2 double beds, that wasnt the case the beds were very small, the room had no storage space, there was one wardrobe provided but with hangers the door could not close.

The room was clean, well lit and tidy, space as with anywhere in NYC was very tight. Parking was not included and the garages that are around are 100% chinese speaking, they also keep your keys so be prepared for this. The pricing isnt bad @ $15/day.

The hotel is maybe a block from the subway station taht takes you directly into time square after about a 20 minute ride.

Overall I was happy with our choice, but would recomend the hotel to embrace some more english speaking staff.

Room Tip: Get pictures before going.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dave W, Owner at Asiatic Hotel - Flushing, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Hi Jay,

I would like to start with thanking you for staying with us. It is regretful that your trip did not turn out to be as rewarding as it should have been. Regarding the early check-in situation upon your arrival, I assured you that a room would be provided to you IF we had one available. We were completely sold out of rooms the previous night and unfortunately could not extend the courtesy of checking you in at 7:00am. Although we were only able to check you in to your room at 10:55AM, I would like to clarify that our normal check-in time starts at 3PM.

We hope you will consider staying with us again and have another opportunity to speak with any one of our bilingual front desk staff. We very much embrace and take pride in their ability to communicate with guests in a professional and hospitable manner.

Thank you for offering your valued opinions so we can continually strive to improve.
Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

the hotel is located near #7 subway and was really convenient for transportation's sake. the price is considerable among other hotels around, and the rooms are clean also provide free wifi. without the overly advertising on the internet one of my friend recommanded this hotel to me i traveled to NY for this christmas break. The staff working at the front desk are especially amiable and have a great sense of the surrounding environment and could always provide suggestions of where to go and the means to get there. The standard rooms have average beds but are able to fit 2 adults. Overall for my one and half week staying with the asiatic hotel, i stayed with satisfactory and strongly recommand this hotel to other travelers that might travel to Flushing for sure according to the name Asian travelers are well advised to have an eye on the hotel for their lodging while traveling in NY.

Room Tip: all rooms show a performance of tidiness higher floors have rooms that could provide a aerial view o...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dave W, Owner at Asiatic Hotel - Flushing, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Asiatic Hotel. Our staff is delighted your trip was pleasant and it was a pleasure having you as our guest. We look forward to your next visit and have a wonderful New Year.
NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

I consider myself a carefully budgeted traveler. When looking for hotels my first priorities are location and clean, within my budget. When I searched for lodging for my Xmas trip to NYC I was very glad to find this hotel.
First of all, this hotel is brand new!! When I checked in, they told me the hotel had been in operation for 3,4 weeks. So, checked on being clean. They provide slippers in the room, but everything is so new and clean I felt no problem walking in the room barefooted. The hotel owner obviously carefully chose building materials that make it easy to maintain, such as ceramic tiles and hardwood floors. No more dirty carpets. I believe it can be kept as clean when I return the next time.

Location wise, the hotel is right in the heart of Main street, Flushing. Within a couple of short blocks from nearby upscale hotels such as Sheraton, Best Western, etc. Check on the room rates of these hotels you'll see why selecting this hotel is a no brainer. Basically the same location with a smaller dent in my pocket. One caveat, they don't have parking within the hotel, but there is a 24/7 parking garage half a block away, at the time of my stay(Dec, 2012) the rate was $15 for up to 24 hours. And another nearby garage for $20 per day with unlimited in-and-out. So add $15-$20 to your cost of lodging if you drive into town, which is what I did. But then again, the free breakfast helps offset the damage. :-). I have no desire to drive around the city so I left my car in the $15/day garage and rode the subway into town.

Speaking of subway, 3 short blocks away is the #7 train, right at the corner of Roosevelt and Main. Check on the map and you'll find it's <5 mins of walk. The #7 takes you right to 42nd street in 30-40 minutes and from where you go to anywhere in the town. Did I mention I love the location?

I remember reading some reviewer complained about the smell of food in the air. I didn't smell it when inside of the hotel. When outside, well, what do you expect? This is Main Street, Flushing. I chose this location for the easy access to all the authentic food. To me, it's a plus.

Lastly, a couple of gripes. The hotel is so new, there were a couple of incidents caused by the inexperience of the staff. The young man at the front desk forgot to mention the free breakfast when I checked in. The next day another lady at the front desk stopped and told me that when I brought breakfast from outside. And one day the cleaning lady forgot to give me fresh towels. No biggie, I just went downstairs and get them. I expect these things will get better as their staff gain experience as time goes by.

My wife mentioned about street noise when the garbage trucks came by at 4am. I was so sound asleep actually didn't hear a thing. But if you're sensitive to street noise, be sure to ask for a room that's not facing the street.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: To avoid street noise, ask for a room at the back row.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Hello,
Thank you for being a valued guest and for providing valuable insight on our hotel and community. Our staff greatly appreciates the information you have offered to help them with their efforts to improve our guest experience. We look forward to seeing you soon and have a wonderful happy and healthy New Year.

Been to Asiatic Hotel - Flushing? Share your experiences!