“Our #1 Lunch Place” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
New York, NY
“Our #1 Lunch Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

We love Saigon Shack and probably order lunch at least twice a week. The food is always fresh and delicious with just the right amount of spice. Authentic vietnamese. Favorite dishes include the lemongrass chicken vermicelli and the peking duck bahn mi (pho is also amazing on colder days). I have 2 small complaints that take Saigon Shack down from 5 to 4 stars: no delivery and cash only. Otherwise, a great meal and value all around.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

82% Recommend
New York City, New York
“Delicious Bahn'mi sandwiches”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Love this place, great food. Their bahn'mi sandwiches are the best. So far I have tried the catfish, vegetarian and the lemon grass chicken sandwich. My favorite is the vegetarian tofu sandwich. It's full of flavors and delicious. The ingredients used are fresh and you can make it as spicy as you want by adding jalapeños.

Another dish that I thoroughly enjoy is the lemon grass chicken pho. It's to die for and was my goto dish during the winters. A big bowl of noodle soup with lots of deliciousness! I love it. The soup portion is big and enough for 1 person.

On a hot summer day cool off with their fresh cucumber drink. It's delicious and so refreshing!

A great casual place to dine in the village. They have limited seating and don't seat u till your party has arrived. Also they are a cash only restaurant! Despite that, the food is absurdly delicious!

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dallas, Texas
“Awesome Visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Went with our 5 year old, with no kids menu, the waiter volunteered to cut the Bah Mi special for sharing. The Banh Mi was superb, but the Sweet Potato Fries served with the most amazing dipping sauce was heaven.

Visited July 2013
ny
“Best Vietnamese Sandwich in New York...that I know about!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

I discovered this place by accident one evening while walking around the West Village. Anyone who knows the village knows that there are numerous restaurants from which to choose. At the time, it was sort of late night-ish, and although I wasn't starving, I was still hungry enough to get something before I went home. Well....WELL...Well! I saw the Saigon Shack, and it seemed quaint enough, and clean enough for me to go in. I ordered the Lemongrass chicken sandwich....and the rest is history. The chicken is fully cooked, spicy (made to order) with cilantro (I like extra) other spices, carrot strips (which I normally hate) and placed between the crispiest crunchiest and freshest baguette imaginable. Since my first trip, I have gone back a dozen times. Often I bring someone to try it, and each time, the person is also hooked like I am. I have tasted others duck and pork sandwiches, but I'm addicted to the chicken. However, whatever you get, you will find tasty and fresh. They even remember how spicy I like the sandwich. The only down side is that they only accept cash, so bring cash...but the plus side is that it is cheap.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Whangarei, New Zealand
“Wonderful traditional Vietnamese”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Little more than a hole in the wall, this little gem serves tasty, traditional Vietnamese fare. Their Pho noodle soups with a side of lime, lemon, bean sprouts, and jalapeño makes a tasty inexpensive lunch. Forget the atmosphere and odd mix and match furniture, this place is well worth a visit.

• Visited July 2013