“Great supper club” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
54 Below is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #643 of 11,751 Restaurants in New York City
Description: New nightclub on Broadway
New York City, New York
“Great supper club”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

If you enjoy high quality food and great entertainment you will love 54 Below! They serve fabulous signature cocktails which tend to be pricey,but remember it is NYC and well worth it. I will also add that there is always a celebrity sighting!

Visited January 2014

Bedford, New York
“Great venue great show”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

Was fortunate to be taken by friend to see Linda Eder in this fabulous "nite club" style venue. Food was surprisingly excellent - fresh, tasty and cooked well- and you are able to see the show from almost every seat. Staff is friendly and competent. Linda Eder is quite a talent and should take broadway by storm if they offer her the right vehicle- but in the meantime she a terrific chanteuse.
This place is below the original studio 54 and is akin to a speakeasy. It has panache.
If you're looking for something fun to do while in Manhattan, check out who's playing and go. You won't be disappointed

Visited February 2014
Sydney, Australia
“A must for avid theatregoers!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

My family and I spent a memorable night here on the last night of our recent NYC trip. 54 Below is located in the basement of the once-infamous Studio 54, and plays host to shows by Broadway’s best-known performers. It’s also a great place to grab a pre or post-theatre meal. After unsuccessfully attempting “The Book of Mormon” lottery, we wandered up to 54 Below and were very pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food. Often, a theatre-restaurant experience can involve very ordinary-tasting meals, but this was not the case at 54 Below. Everyone in my party thought the food was lovely, and that the service was excellent. Even though we didn’t get to attend a performance on this occasion, it was great just to sit and enjoy the atmosphere and think about all of the high-calibre performers who have graced the place with their presence. I highly recommend dining here to all big Broadway fans!

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Alexandria, La
“Great Experience For An Out of Towner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

Saw a great show (Sondheim Unplugged) and had a great dinner. The menu is somewhat limited but delicious. Had a great time visiting with the locals before and after the show. This will be on our itenary when we return to NYC.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Brooklyn, New York
“Great Space, Good Food and a show”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

I'll start at the end - Our waiter didn't seem to care that he received a 30% tip. Not even a thank you. He was very nice during dinner & attentive - that's what made me decide to tip well above the suggested 20 to 22%. But once the show was over, he wanted the table cleared and us out. (I presume to get ready for the next show.)

The room is a great venue - we saw Len Cariou on stage. It's set-up like an 1920's "Speak Easy" and the decor matches the theme. Every member of the staff was friendly & helpful.

The food was very good & very fresh, but cooked with a few too many aromatics for my taste. Sometimes simple is better - but in NO way did this hamper our meal. It was very good. My wife & I each ordered an App and we each had an Entree, then we shared a dessert.

Due to the Speak Easy feel, my wife had 2 cocktails and I had 3 (we knew we were taking a cab home, so why not?) The signature drinks were fun, my regular mixed drinks were strong.

Overall, the night cost us $245. including my unappreciated tip. This didn't include the price of the show, but overall it wasn't a very expensive night for a NYC Night Club. Without cocktails the bill would have been about $80. to 85.oo less.

We will certainly be back.

• Visited December 2013