“Excellent Stay Highly Recommended” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn NYC - Lower East Side

You added Holiday Inn NYC - Lower East Side to your Saves list
Holiday Inn NYC - Lower East Side
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   150 Delancey St, New York City, NY 10002 (Formerly Holiday Inn New York City-Manhattan) (Lower East Side)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 20%
Ranked #127 of 458 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Irvine, California
“Excellent Stay Highly Recommended”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

We stayed at this hotel March 3 and 4 and it was a delightful stay. All of the staff members I encountered were just so pleasant and helpful. The room was super clean and comfortable. The price was really great. It was booked by accident when mistakenly gave my husband the wrong address of where we needed to be in NYC. Thankfully it was only a half our train ride to our destination. What I also loved about the location is that it was downtown so away from most of the midtown bustle and very close to the subway. We walked to Chinatown and Little Italy. Everything was just convenient and I really think this will be our spot when we visit NYC. I didn't use the spa or swimming pool as it freezing cold so I won't rate that.

Overall great stay and much less than the hotel that was walking distance from where we had to go in midtown. Many mentioned the rooms are small but I found them to be quiet cozy. We had king and it was a bit smaller than typical hotels but its NYC. My main focus is on location and cleanliness and it was A+++ with the cleanliness.

Thanks for an incredible stay.

Room Tip: i took others advice and requested a quiet room so that worked out very well.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
DianaNarvaez, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn NYC - Lower East Side, responded to this review, March 8, 2014
Greetings Victoria C,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Holiday Inn NYC-Lower East Side. It's true what they say, sometimes the best moments happen when they are unplanned. Our Holiday Inn family strives to ensure our guests experience the best customer service possible and we are truly humbled by your words. Its great to read that our hotel location was convenient to your traveling needs. The Lower East Side is a terrific neighborhood, with so much to see and explore, amazing restaurants within walking distance and the subway just 2 minutes away! Thank you again your your recommendation and we look forward to your next adventure in the city that never sleeps!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

I stayed with my boyfriend for 3days & 2nights. It was wonderful. We had a corner room with the view of the city which was amazing at night time. The room was small & intimate. The king bed was extremely comfortable with multiple sheets. The extra pillow was a plus. The shower pressure was good as well. The location was decent. Things were in walking distant as well as a variety of restaurants. The staff was excellent. The Night manager, Sheila Ortiz, was very friendly & helpful with any questions we had. The room service was great as well, delivered on time & very friendly & cooked to perfection. Out stay here was very relaxing & I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014
Greetings Karias10,

Thank you for your amazing review! We love reading our guests feedback and we are so delighted to read that you experienced a relaxing stay with us. Our team strives to ensure that each and every one of our guests feel at home while they are with us. We certainly welcome you back with open arms, and please contact us in advanced for your next booking. Thank you again for your recognition and recommendation. Until next time!
Gosport, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with my sister while visiting New York on a 3 day city break in Feb. We had a fab time, the hotel was in a great location for accessing all the sights, with the subway just a 2 minute walk away. We had a standard twin room which was very clean and spacious enough for us. The staff were excellent, friendly and helpful and we would definitely stay here again.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Greetings Gayle D,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. It is fabulous to read that our rooms, staff, hotel location exceeded your expectations. We look forward to your future stays with us, happy and safe travels!
Dawlish, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

We found this location buzzing and ethnic. The hotel was perfectly located from- 2 min walk - the tube, a short walk from Katz Deli and Chinatown. The hotel staff were friendly and helpful. The rooms were comfortable and very clean. The beds were extremely comfortable as were the pillows. All you need after a busy day sightseeing. Although there was a slight shortage of wardrobe space everything else was perfect for our family trip to NY. Jackie Poole , Dawlish, Devon, uk.

Stayed February 2014
DianaNarvaez, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn NYC - Lower East Side, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Hello Jackie P,

Thank you for taking the opportunity to share your experience at the Holiday Inn NYC-Lower East Side. We are so delighted to read that you enjoyed the vibrancy of our neighborhood and were able to explore the amazing restaurants near us. Thank you again for your kind words and we look forward to your next adventure in the city that never sleeps! Until next time!
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

I stayed at this hotel because it was close to my ailing uncle's nursing home -- only 3 long blocks walking - 10 minutes! I visited him for his 87th birthday.
I was very pleasantly surprised at the excellent customer service - I had read some reviews before booking it and called ahead to advise about a late check-in and to ask for a "quiet room" as I'm not used to city noise and was told they would do their best but that I had to wait until I checked in for availability. When I checked in I was granted my request - and the room I had was not only quiet, since it faced a courtyard, but it had a nice view of the Empire State Building from the window, was well appointed, clean as a whistle and very pleasant. My only "complaint" might be the noisy heating unit -- it took me a couple of nights to get used to it but the room was a perfect temperature.
The staff was very helpful when I asked about a small market (two blocks away), a deli for one of those famous NYC deli sandwiches for lunch with my uncle at his nursing home every day - (one block away) and when it rained, they lent me a lovely Holiday-Inn-green umbrella. Thank you!
Whereas I felt very safe in the hotel, as a mature woman traveling alone I didn't feel comfortable walking around that neighborhood after dark. Thankfully, my visit was uneventful, the location of the hotel was perfect for the purpose of my trip and I even had good weather (in the 40's) - no polar vortexes happened while I was there!
One other thing -- my cousin and I had dinner at the Retro Cafe downstairs the night I arrived and it was very pleasant, affordable and yummy! My cousin "built her own hamburger" and it was one of the most fantastic hamburgers I've even seen! The waiter was very attentive and courteous.
My reason for only 4 out of 5 dots rating is because of the dicey neighborhood, but the hotel itself was super and for those who are visiting the sights very conveniently located and affordable!

Room Tip: Quiet rooms are wonderful if you are not into city noise.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Hello CS,

Greetings from the Holiday Inn NYC-Lower East Side family! Thank you for your wonderful review, we are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. It's great to read that our hotel location was convenient to your traveling needs and that our hotel staff were friendly and helpful throughout your stay. The "build your own hamburger" at Retro Bar and Grill is amazing, there are so many tasty toppings to add to create you perfect burger. We welcome you back with open arms and don't forget to call us in advanced for your next booking on your next visit to our lovely city.
Callahan, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

I have not stayed at a Holiday Inn in years. Husband and I were looking for a hotel that would not cost us an arm and a leg. Price was great..front staff is incredible! Walking distance to China Town and Little Italy. Also felt very safe here. We will stay here again!!

Stayed February 2014
DianaNarvaez, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn NYC - Lower East Side, responded to this review, March 1, 2014
Hello Nannagirl,

Thank your for your amazing 5 Star Review! Our Holiday Inn NYC-Lower East Side family is so delighted to read that you experienced such a wonderful stay with us! If you aren't already an IHG Rewards Member, you should definitely enroll to become one of our loyal members. It's the largest Rewards Program to date and grants our members great benefits. Thank you again for your recognition and recommendation, we look forward to your next adventure in the city that never sleeps.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

We booked this hotel through expedia and ended up incredibly happy about the choice. The three of us stayed in a room with 2 double beds and would say it was comfortably sized. The bathroom fittings were all no nonsense simple, modern and practical. Similarly the beds served their purpose well, giving a good nights sleep throughout the stay.

What really made our experience at this hotel was the friendliness of the front staff as well as the daily room clean/change service, which meant we could return in the evenings to a home from home environment with new towels, pillowcases etc. Really top marks from us!

The computer, internet and gym services were also very welcome and we appreciated the option. In regards to location it is just in that perfect spot to travel out from and return to. There is a subway just a block down which makes it easy to travel further into Manhattan, towards Brooklyn and return to JFK when flying back.

When we return to NYC we will definitely consider booking back at this particular holiday inn. Personally for me the best hotel experience I've experienced so far in regards to budget and location. Thanks!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Hello Nam T,

Thank you for your amazing 5 Star Review!! Our Holiday Inn-NYC Lower East Side family is truly humbled by your kind words and pleased to read that your stay with us exceeded your expectations. Our main priority is to ensure that our guests feel at home while they are with us. Thank you again for your recognition and recommendation. Please contact us in advance for your next booking, and take advantage of our Book Smart- Deals that Work Promotion. Until next time!

Been to Holiday Inn NYC - Lower East Side? Share your experiences!