“Moroccan Magic” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Arabesque

Arabesque
4 East 36th Street, Between 5th & Madison, New York City, NY 10016 (Midtown)
212.532.2210
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Arabesque is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,264 of 12,022 Restaurants in New York City
Neighborhood: Midtown
Los Angeles, CA
“Moroccan Magic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I was so excited to find a Moroccan restaurant near my hotel. Three of us went for lunch, so it was pretty quiet.
The space is lovely - I especially love the colors and light designs made on the wall from the lanterns.
The service was impeccable. The food was so good. We shared plates so we could try as much as possible.
The best thing we tried was the chicken apricot cigarillos. I'm still licking my chops thinking about them. The desert was nice as well. Mint Tea was served properly.
There is a hookah lounge in the back, looks very comfortable, but it wasn't open during our lunch. Can't wait to come back and check that out as well.
I recommend checking in on Four Square as there is sometimes a deal, either appetizer or desert.
Great atmosphere, great food, great service!

• Visited January 2013

Brooklyn, New York
“Lovely Atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

My son told me about this place and how great it was but I it was my first visit. It is a very intimate and warm place beautifully decorated. As soon as I walked in, I felt very comfortable. The wait staff were very helpful and kind. As this was late afternoon, too early for dinner, I only had the Pitzettes,Tunisian, with fresh Goat Cheese, tomatoes, black olives and a lovely sause called Harissa. It was delicious and fresh. I had a Pinot Grigio to drink served properly in the right glass.

A gracious place and I am now ready to go back again for dinner soon! Oh, yes they have a lounge in the back of the restaurant where they have guitar music on Thursdays and belly dancing on Saturday night. Cannot wait to go back!

• Visited January 2013
Topeka, KS
“Super fresh food, awesome atmosphere and great staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

Wow! What an awesome find. Probably the best humus we've ever had (get the guacamole humus). They have two sections to eat in - a normal table setting or a lounge type area. Owner was also very kind. Right off 5th ave too!

St. Louis, MO
“Yum!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

Tried this restaurant after reading reviews everything was wonderful. We had small plates, mussels, shrimp, skate and mushroom cigars. Really very wonderful, especially the shrimp. Wine was reasonably priced service very good. Funky atmosphere was fun. Highly recommended.

Madrid, Spain
“Good food and very nice service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

We picked this restaurant after checking on tripadvisor reviews, and it was a great success. Three Spanish people eating in NYC it is harder than it looks. My father took the Filet Mignon (rare) and he really enjoyed it (last Saturday went to Morton's and it wasn't that good). My mother had a nice gout cheese salad and I had the chicken grilled, quite good. The wine was an Australian Shiraz and was OK (not easy for an Spanish to drink wine in NYC, so so so expensive)

Sitka may recommendable, la genre muy maja y la comida, sin grandes pretensiones, esta muy buena

Saludos