“The som tum is amazing” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Zabb Elee

Zabb Elee
75 2nd Avenue, New York City, NY (East Village)
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #1,310 of 12,022 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: East Village
Description: Zabb Elee Queens71-28 Roosevelt Ave, Queens, NY 11372 Tel : 718.426.7992
“The som tum is amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

The restaurant has authentic thai food from Isan which is the eastern part of Thailand. It is spicy but if you don't like spicy they can make it less spicy. We enjoyed it so much that we ordered some to take home for the next day. Only us and another table, service was good. Price is reasonable especially for New York.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Stockholm, Sweden
“AMAZING food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

We ate here twice during our stay in New York, and regret not making it a third time! The Nam Tok with beef was so fantastic and full of flavour, as was the Moo Kem Tod (marinated salted fried pork). We also had the grilled marinated beef, morning glory and of course sticky rice, which was sooo good! Just writing about this makes my mouth water!
It all tasted just like in Laos and Thailand, if not better! Very spicy and delicious!
I do think the staff should organize the entrance a bit better though, because it almost looks like it's closed with the big chunk of cement in front of the opening. Just a tip.

• Visited October 2012
Albany, New York
“Great food---Great Price!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

This was a surprise for me---authentic tasting Thai food...well spiced...lots of tasty vegetables...and all at what I consider an amazing price!

The food here is very heavy on traditional vegetables and spices, with little in the way of rice & noodles, and very little of the Americanized Thai food seen in most restaurants.

Dinner for 2 came in under $30, for two dishes and a side of ginger rice. Not only is the food delicious, fresh, and uniquely spiced---it won't be a gut-buster either. This was a refreshing meal, and a good refuel before many more miles of walking around the city!

• Visited October 2012
New York City, New York
“authentic and fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

Wwe went to newly opened Manhattan branch of this very authentic Queens Thai restaurant with a group of 6. They serve Isan food, which is from the northern part of the country and has its own cuisine. Do not expect to find Thai standards like pad thai. In fact I didn't see too many noodle dishes. What we had, about 3 appetizers and 5 main dishes was one delicious dish after another: crispy pork in a number of guises, one with over a delicious green called morning glory, green papaya salad with crispy pork skin, an egg dish over salad, duck larb which is minced duck meat with chilies and onions and mint etc.... every dish was interesting and so very tasty.and the people were unbelievably nice and happy that we were there. The price was also terrific (low). We could not have been happier.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
West Caldwell, New Jersey
“One of the best Thai restos I've ever been to”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

When my fam came in, we immediately liked the place. It was laid-back, the music wasn't loud & the decor was lovely. While looking at the menu, I noticed most of the dishes were around $9. The most expensive item was, I think, $14, so one can definitely try a lot of dishes without breaking the bank. We had the som tum korat, which my brother & dad loved. The sauce for the moo yang was really good & the pork was perfectly cooked. The kai tod was crispy good. The kra pao moo krob was to die for & was one of my faves. The pukk boong moo krob was my other fave. We ended with some taro & pumpkin coconut pudding, which were lovely & helped with the heat. Everything was so fragrant & flavorful that it can get addicting. This is legit Northern Thai/Lao-style food. They don't have the usual pad thai or coconut curries. Also, their dishes are Thai-spicy. The staff was really nice & attentive. I definitely had a great experience here & would recommend this place. I'd come back when I'm in the area again.

• Visited August 2012