“Don't knock it till........” 4 of 5 stars

Tribeca Blu Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   276 Canal Street, New York City, NY 10013 (Manhattan)   |
Ranked #335 of 458 Hotels in New York City
London, United Kingdom
“Don't knock it till........”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Look if it looks like Chinatown and it smells like Chinatown, it's Chinatown.....

Now that aside I have no major criticism of this hotel. The rooms are small, but I'm not 400lbs so it wasn't a problem. The staff are great and as it's a small hotel it's nice and quiet. There was a broken window and they never replaced the coffee but I'll live and for the price it was a steal.

Would I stay there again? Yeah of course and I'd recommend it to my friends.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
JoseUrracaGM, General Manager at Tribeca Blu Hotel, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Hello,

I am glad that you have enjoyed your stay at TriBeCa Blu and hope that when you visit NYC again you stay at TriBeCa Blu!!

Jose Urraca

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Polish first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I chose The Tribeca Blu hotel because of the location and the pictures I saw online. I was in New York for business. When I arrived,there was a lot of confusion at the front desk and they did not have a clue what they were doing. It was past 4pm and I emphasized that I had a business appointment but they did not seem to care. When I checked into to the room, it was freezing cold and I used the temperature guage to put the heat but it did not work after several attempts. I contacted the front desk and their response was, " we have this issue and will try to send you an extra blanket". I could not believe that response. They even abruptly hung up on me. I had to go to my meeting and when I returned, the front desk was too pre occupied playing with their cell phone. When I asked again about the heat, the response was, "the engineer left for the day" I was shivering all night and could not sleep. I paid a lot and I felt cheated. I left early that next morning. I have never had such a horrible experience at a hotel before. It was shameful. Avoid this hotel!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Hello,

I truly apologize for the service you have encountered here at TriBeCa Blu. It is highly unusual behavior but i will make this situation better. I will make sure that on your next trip to TriBeCa Blu will be an unforgettable one.

Wilmington, Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Bought a night through Groupon and had a great stay. Convenient to the metro. Surrounded by Chinatown, Little Italy, SoHo, etc. Booked a King room that was in the corner of the building - big windows with high celings. Not fancy but modern with great light. Despite my concerns, the Canal Street noise did not keep us awake.

The hotel could do a bit more to make the lobby inviting, but that's not what we were there for.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello,

First, I would like to thank you for staying at TriBeCa Blu! I would have to agree with you that one of our biggest assets is the high ceilings and long windows that make our King rooms such a great choice. When you visit TriBeCa Blu next we shall have the bar up and running in our lobby which totally change the atmosphere to a great one!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

I was a single traveller and booked into a newly opened hotel. Sounds ominous. It wasn't. The staff were great and the room, while small had every thing I needed, was more than clean with wifi and a TV. The hotel was in a good location for New York (reminded me of Hackney for those Londoners in the know). Totally manageable location which, while not varnished and shiny was relatively realistic with real New Yorkers on the doorstep.
The hotel was very close to two Metro stops and a Film festival. It's a hop skip and a jump away from Chinatown, Bowery and Lower East Side. The staff were very helpful when it came to helping me find places to eat locally and with a taxi to the station. Well worth it and would stay again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Hello,

I would like to first Thank You for staying at TriBeCa Blu and giving us the chance to surprise you with what we had to offer. We do have a lot of great things to experience around our neighborhood and TriBeCa Film Festival is one of them. Hope to receive you again!

Washington, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I went there for 2 days in last week of Jan. The room security latch was broken and the room was too hot. I tried AC but it was not working. I complained at front desk and the answer I got was shocking! Open the windows and if it gets too close, close the windows. But in any case I won't be allowed to control AC of my room. The internet speed of wifi is pathetic. Also rooms are cramped. If you have slightly big bag, you don't have space to step down your bed.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Hello,

I am truly sorry to hear about your experience at TriBeCa Blu. Hopefully when you visit NYC you will give us one more chance to WOW you!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I loved the tribeca blu...it was not too expensive and the location was great for me. When I am in NYC i am not trying to stay in a big luxurious hotel room all day... i want to get out and see the city...so the smaller rooms were perfect..it was clean and the staff was friendly. I will definately stay there again.

Room Tip: Chose the larger rooms with the very large windows on the upper floors if possible...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
JoseUrracaGM, General Manager at Tribeca Blu Hotel, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Hello,

We are truly glad that you have "Loved TriBeCa Blu" as cleaniness and great costumer service is one of our greatest asset. We cannot wait to have you back!! xoxo

Warm Regards,
Jose Urraca General Manager
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I can't wait to return to this hip boutique hotel!! Despite a late night arrival, staff (Ernesto) was super friendly and helpful. He recommended a great 24 deli that delivers!! The room was amazing, views were outstanding, and room was very clean!!! I was looking forward to the hustle and bustle of Canal St and definitely was not dissapointed. If you don't care for noise then this is not for you but who goes to NYC for peace and quiet?! My husand and I had an amazing weekend and are looking to plan our next trip very shortly. The price was amazing and even without the website sale we caught it is still a great price! Thanks for a great hotel in the best city ever!!!

• Stayed January 2013
Hello,

I am truly glad to read about your fantastic experience in NYC! We are truly sad that you had to go so soon! We cannot wait until your arrival again at TriBeCa Blu and we will make sure that the next stay is an unforgetable experience! Cannot wait to have you stay at TriBeCa Blu again!

Warm Regards
Jose Urraca

Been to Tribeca Blu Hotel? Share your experiences!