“excellent boutique hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
FRANCE
“excellent boutique hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2006

My husband and I travel all around the world in the best hotel and I will describe the Soho house as been at the top of the boutique hotel. The room was fantastic, we loved the heteroclit style. The location of the hotel is in hype district full of good restaurant. The lounch bar on teh roof floor is great in summer. The only thing I dislike is the that the swimming pool is invaded by mums and noisy kids who are memebers and none residents of the hotel.

• Liked — design and style
  • Stayed June 2006
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2006

I'm surprised by some of the comments posted for Soho House, we had no issue with noise or staff being rude. The hotel had a lovely atmosphere, a low hum of noise in all the right places (it is NY city after-all!) and the staff went out of their way to be helpful; one night they even gave us the entire cinema to ourselves because the tv in our room wouldn't play a dvd, furthermore they brought us room service and blankets which we felt was a nice touch.

All the positive comments here re. style of rooms, quality of food etc are spot on, although I loved exploring NY city, I found myself wanted to make regular stop-offs at the hotel to take advantage of the room and restaurant.

When I go back to NY, I will be staying here again.

• Stayed November 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2006

Having stayed at The Soho House around 15 times since it opened I cannot believe the reviews I read. Yes there are elements that could be improved, but isn't that the case with everything in life.

The noise issue has been fixed with new windows, the TV's have even been fixed. The staff are super friendly and helpful and will try and accommodate you in any way possible.

In regards to the roof, it isn't Soho House's fault if a TV program made their space look bigger, that program isn't real life!!

On the whole, I have enjoyed every stay, even when there is a problem the staff and management have gone out of there way to make it up.

I would recommend people try it our for themselves.

• Stayed January 2006, traveled on business

Been to Soho House New York? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Soho House New York

Address: 35 9th Avenue, New York City, NY 10014
Location: United States > New York > New York City > West Village , Manhattan , Meatpacking District
Bar / Lounge Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Spa
#9 Spa Hotel in New York City
#47 Luxury Hotel in New York City
#77 Business Hotel in New York City
#99 Romantic Hotel in New York City
#106 Family Hotel in New York City
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): $$$$
Hotel Class:4 star — Soho House New York 4*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia and TripOnline SA so you can book your Soho House New York reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Soho House New York Hotel New York City
Soho New York City
Soho Hotel New York City

If you own or manage Soho House New York, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.