“Interesting alternative to a NYC hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Stay the Night Bed & Breakfast

Save Saved
You added Stay the Night Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
Stay the Night Bed & Breakfast
2.5 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   18 East 93rd Street, Between 5th Ave. and Madison Ave., New York City, NY 10128 (Manhattan)   |
Ranked #33 of 97 New York City B&B and Inns
Boston, Massachusetts
“Interesting alternative to a NYC hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Typically a B&B serves breakfast thus the name. This one does not! That's ok because there are plenty of places to eat in NYC. The place is an old brownstone on the upper east side at 93rd and Madison close to Central Park.

You are given a key and then you are on your own. The room was huge as was the bathroom but it was tired. The carpets needed to be redone as did the jacuzzi bath tub which I wouldn't have used even if I was covered in mud. The heat doesn't go on until October 16th so if it's cold out too bad.

Unlike most inn keepers I've seen, stay the nights inn keep is not warm and welcoming, he is rather harsh. He doesn't greet you at your arrival and doesn't always answer the phone.

The best thing I can say about this B&B is that it's quiet up in the 93s and it's close to some excellent neighborhood bistros. If your looking for good Don't stay the night it comes up short.

Stayed October 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Greek first
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We had a great five days staying here. we loved the large room, and outdoor deck (the main reason we booked). A bonus was the great location in walking distance to Central Park, bus, rail and good restaurants. Not a traditional 'B&B' though, so don't expect breakfast.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Robin H, Owner at Stay the Night Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 1 week ago
From your room to the location, I can't tell you how wonderful it is to know you enjoyed your stay with us, Helen! Thank you so much for your kind recommendation, and I hope to welcome you back the next time you're in New York.

Kind regards,
Puebla, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2014

We stayed at the Madeline suite, which can accommodate up to 4 people, the room was everything we expected and more, it´s equipped with coffee maker, mini-fridge, complete set of silverware and everything else you may need while travelling. Beautiful room with high ceilings and chic furniture, windows face the street. From this B&B you can walk to central park, bus station, metro station and up to the Museum mile, perfect location in Manhattan. Can´t get better than this, quiet and safe neighbourhood. Definitively would stay here for my next visit to New York.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Robin H, Owner at Stay the Night Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, September 2, 2014
Erika, thanks you for your kind words. Your compliments on everything from the room to our location have truly made my day, and I'm very much looking forward to having you stay again!

'Til next time,
New Orleans
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

Our family stayed in the larger room on the third floor. Very quaint. For those with difficulty climbing stairs, I would recommend a second floor room. Very convenient to Central Park, the subway, restaurants and a very good wine store.

• Stayed July 2014
Robin H, Owner at Stay the Night Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Thank you for your kind review, Susan. I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and I hope you and your family will be back to visit us soon!

Dakota Dunes, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

This inn is located in the land of the nannies and dog walkers, an excellent neighborhood! It was within walking distance to the Museum Mile and Central Park. There are many nearby restaurants and shops if you want to do some upper east side shopping. If you are looking for the tourist hot spots (which we were), there are subway stations within walking distance and taxis everywhere.

We stayed in the smallest room and, while it would have been awesome if one of the larger rooms was available, we were perfectly content! There was even a loft bed for my son (14 years old) which was perfect for him. The room was also VERY inexpensive! The window air conditioner was great as we could control our own coolness and not be reliant on a central air system.

If you stay, I recommend Sarabeth's for breakfast and Famous Famiglia's Pizza for lunch or dinner; both are within walking distance and have amazing food!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Robin H, Owner at Stay the Night Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Thank you for the rave review, Mandie! We always want our guests to be comfortable and happy, and it's wonderful to hear you enjoyed your stay. And your dining recommendations are on-point! Sarabeth's especially is a well-loved neighborhood spot. Please come back and visit us again soon!

United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

This charming apartment is in New York's upper east side, between Madison and Fifth Avenues, immediately across from the Jacqueline Onassis reservoir within Central Park. It is within a safe, quiet residential neighborhood with several small restaurants, grocery stores and within an easy walk to the subway on Lexington and 96th. It is well within walking distance to Museum Mile, Central Park and upper Park Avenue. We stayed in the Fox apartment which has a charming outdoor patio and a jetted tub. Flatscreen TV and WiFi were nice although we spent little time in the room, other than sleeping and preparing to go out. There is a mini-fridge and microwave within the apartment. Be aware that the units are up flights of steep, narrow stairs and there is no elevator. While somewhat "rough around the edges", the units are comfortable and the manager was always available to answer questions and address concerns. We were able to store our luggage at the apartment prior to and leaving NY. Be aware that this is NOT a bed and breakfast (there is no coffee or breakfast on-site, but notable restaurants in the area are Yura on Madison, Sarabeth's, and Gina la Fornarina. There is a Starbucks on 96th and Madison and other coffee shops nearby. Overall, a nice alternative to high-priced, noisier accommodations in midtown or downtown. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: The Fox unit is on the back side of the building...absolutely no street noise and a nice outdoor pat...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your kind review! We always want our guests to have a great time, so it makes me happy to know you enjoyed your stay so much. I hope that you'll come stay with us again soon so we can give you that "excellent" experience I know we're capable of!

Cambridge, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

This was perfect for my trip because I was visiting with friends in the neighborhood. This brownstone has some old charm and there are plenty of places to get breakfast in the area as well as everything else. Despite the Riddex machine plugged into the living room, I made the acquaintance of a centipede strolling across my bedroom wall. He left when I chased him out the door. I met the manager in my 4th floor apt. (which was still being cleaned, not a problem.) on checking in on Friday during some construction in the entryway. I never saw another soul until I returned from breakfast on Sunday morning at 10:45 to pack and relax before my 12 noon check-out time. My room had already been cleaned(although I had left the door locked), so I just had to pick up and leave. My apt, MacKenzie was spacious, perhaps needs some paint.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Robin H, Manager at Stay the Night Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, May 23, 2014
Perhaps if you wish to complain about the room needing a paint touch up, you shouldn't complain when there is minor renovation going on.

Been to Stay the Night Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!