My girlfriend and I went to see a play, but we had friends living in and visiting the area at the same time. We stayed 5 days and needed a place to congregate and entertain...our suite was perfect! It was like a small condo apartment. It had a spacious and very comfortable living room to put your feet up, rest and talk (didn't use the sleeper sofa), a small but very well equipped kitchen (prepare breakfast or a snack, keep restaurant leftovers, store deli purchases), a large bathroom with plenty of counter space and a lighted magnifying mirror, a bedroom with two queen beds, a wall of windows in the living room and the bedroom with a great view of NY skyline. The elevators worked well (room on 35th floor), not a single staff complaint (everyone friendly and accommodating), location near subway, diner around the corner, deli next door, quiet neighborhood near east river, short $7 cab ride to the theater. When I read another review that said the hotel is not luxury, it made me a anxious, but I shouldn't have wasted a minute worrying. It is not the Ritz, but clean, comfortable, and a nice place to come back to. We loved it! We each surfed the net long and hard for a great deal for what we wanted and we found everything at the Affinia Dumont. We wanted a living room, kitchen and a bedroom with two beds. None of the discount websites offered a bedroom with two beds (just one king or one queen), but we got a great rate at the hotel's website--wish we could have stayed longer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Familiar. Spacious. Central. Just right for personal space that feels like home. Dumont NYC is the roomiest of the Affinia Hotel Collection-your home away from home with extra space for working or accommodating your family. All-suite, residentially styled and complete with kitchens, each room at the Dumont NYC feels more like an apartment. Skyline Suites offer the most stunning cityscapes of all, overlooking the Chrysler Building, the Freedom Tower or the East River.Business travelers admire our big desks and convenient location. Leisure travelers like our family-friendly suites with extra room for the little ones, and cruising around the neighborhood on our Republic Bikes. Join us nightly in our Midtown East hotel for a glass of red or white at our complimentary Wine Hour, located in the lobby from 5-6 p.M. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Dumont NYC–an Affinia hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Affinia Dumont Hotel New York City
- Affinia Dumont New York City