“Friendly,very helpful,huge roomThanks for making our first stay in New York a great” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Dumont NYC–an Affinia hotel

You added Dumont NYC–an Affinia hotel to your Saves list
Dumont NYC–an Affinia hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   150 East 34th Street, New York City, NY 10016 (Midtown)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
25% off the BEST NYC View
Ranked #87 of 468 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

I will start by saying I was dissappointed that they were unable to give us a high floor room with a view as requested.This dissipated very quickly when we knew we were in one of the friendlyest hotels we have ever stayed at.The gentleman who took our luggage was the best ever(wish I knew his name)so friendly and so helpful .Our room was wonderful,we had a 1 bedroom suite with a king bed and pullout which was great for our teenage son,so he had his own space and t.v.The lobby is small and quaint so when you enter you are greeted and asked how your visit is going and is there anything we need.Our room was very clean with a comfy bed. and full kitchen which is nice so we had our breakfast in the room.I was also very helpful to have a market 2 doors down .We will for sure stay again and will recommend it to our friends and family.I was amazed how guiet it was especially when it was full.Very little outside noise.Subway was a block away....I just can not say enough about the Dumont.On a con note some of the furniture is worn and a little dated but comfy.Thanks for making our first trip to N.Y. a memorable one.Great people.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
AGGeneralManager, General Manager at Dumont NYC–an Affinia hotel, responded to this review, May 4, 2014
Dear Kat,

Thank you for providing us with your feedback on your most recent stay at the Affinia Dumont. As the General Manager of the Hotel, I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and that we exceeded your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travels bring you to NYC!

Jennifer Baldwin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (638)
  • Korean first
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

Every aspect of my stay at the Affinia Dumont exceeded my expectations. The rooms, the cleanliness, the politeness and knowledge of the staff. From the moment I checked into a beautiful room, to the moment I was assisted with my bags/cabs to leave for the airport I was thoroughly happy with my visit. A good portion of my plan to return to NYC is based on what a splendid experience I had at the Affinia Dumont. I so appreciate the great few days and hope to return soon!

Dear Emily H,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with your complimentary review! As the General Manager of the Affinia Dumont, I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us and we exceeded your expectations. We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back the next time your travels bring you to NYC.

Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

We arrived after several hours of travel to find a friendly receptionist . With a fast check in we found a comfortable quiet and spacious suite. Bathroom was very clean and the bed was so very comfortable.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear murray8377,

As the General Manager of the Affinia Dumont, I would like to thank you for providing us with a 5 star review! We are so pleased to hear that you found our staff to be friendly and enjoyed our spacious, clean suites. We hope to welcome you back as our valuable guest soon!

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

I recently stayed at the Affinia Dumont with a group of friends and I couldn't recommend it more. The hotel is in the perfect location so we were able to walk to Broadway, Grand Central Station and Time Square. It was also really close to the subway. The staff was super helpful and the suite was beautiful and clean (clean being really important to me). The view was probably my favorite aspect of the hotel--our room overlooked the Chrysler Building, which was so nice to wake up to. We booked a suite and I recommend that if you have a group. I also recommend taking advantage of the free wine hour the hotel offers every day!

Room Tip: Suite was large and had a door to separate the bedroom from the main room so people could have priva...
Dear Stancy222,

Montreal, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

After calling from the road to say we would be checking in late on Easter weekend, we were surprised to arrive at 11:45 pm, after a long day of travel, to find the hotel had given our suite to someone else. The night manager apologized, and offered us a $50 rebate on a much smaller room, and said a cot would be brought in (we were three adults and had booked and paid for a large suite). He promised that they would move us into our reserved skyline suite the following day, and for the rest of our stay. The next morning we packed up, left for the day, and returned after a play, once again at midnight, to find our reserved suite had been given to another guest; our packed bags were in the room exactly where we left them. This was completely inexcusable, especially as it required stressful negotiations two nights in a row on a precious 3 day vacation. I insisted they give us another room for our 25 year old son, especially as the smaller room they put us in turned out to be $75 less (not the $50 they offered), and to their credit they did. But I had to ask.

The rooms are nice and it's a great location, but if they don't honour their reservations, even after they deduct the amount from your credit card, how can the hotel be trusted?

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear 322Susan,

As the General Manager of the Affinia Dumont, I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback. I am disappointed to hear we did not meet your expectations during your most recent stay. I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your experience in greater detail. Please contact me directly at the hotel so that I can rebuild your trust in our ability to provide you with only the highest levels of service. I look forward to speaking with you.

Toronto, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Large guest suites with a kitchen. Great staff. The wine hour from 5 - 6 was a nice touch. It was my first time staying in this part of Manhattan. Its a great area - Murray Hill. Lots of Restaurants nearby. We walked everywhere and when we didn't feel like walking the subway was nearby.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Mike D,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback on your most recent stay at the Affinia Dumont. We are so pleased to hear our spacious rooms and genuine service exceeded your expectations. Hope to see you back at our Wine Hour soon!!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Ok first of all, the staff here deserves some serious recognition - especially Paul. He gave us the royal treatment and was so easy to work to find the right suites for our group. He even moved us up to a higher floor because they had availability.

The hotel itself is a dream....from the fruit water & free wine happy hour in the lobby, to the views of the Chrysler Building, to the enormous size of the suites - this place beyond exceeded my expectations. I've stayed in teeny tiny rooms in NYC for double or triple the price of what we paid so I was nervous we wouldn't have enough space for our ladies' weekend. Boy was I wrong! Our suites even came with a kitchenette which was perfect for breakfast in the room, or late night leftovers. The views at sunrise were breathtaking, definitely worth waking up for!

I would highly recommend this place for anyone who wants to bop all around the city. It's a quick walk to the subway, and easy to catch a cab. You can't beat it!

Dear Laura M,

Thank you for your 5 star review on TripAdvisor! As the General Manager of the Affinia Dumont, I am pleased to hear your girl's weekend at our property exceeded your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!