“Best hotel for a weekend in NYC!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Affinia Dumont

You added Affinia Dumont to your Saves list
Affinia Dumont
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   150 East 34th Street, New York City, NY 10016 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Holiday Suites only $199
Ranked #58 of 454 Hotels in New York City
Chicago, Illinois
“Best hotel for a weekend in NYC!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

I recently stayed at the Affinia Dumont with a group of friends and I couldn't recommend it more. The hotel is in the perfect location so we were able to walk to Broadway, Grand Central Station and Time Square. It was also really close to the subway. The staff was super helpful and the suite was beautiful and clean (clean being really important to me). The view was probably my favorite aspect of the hotel--our room overlooked the Chrysler Building, which was so nice to wake up to. We booked a suite and I recommend that if you have a group. I also recommend taking advantage of the free wine hour the hotel offers every day!

Room Tip: Suite was large and had a door to separate the bedroom from the main room so people could have priva...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
AGGeneralManager, General Manager at Affinia Dumont, responded to this review, May 4, 2014
Dear Stancy222,

Thank you for providing us with your feedback on your most recent stay at the Affinia Dumont. As the General Manager of the Hotel, I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and that we exceeded your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travels bring you to NYC!

Jennifer Baldwin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (513)
Montreal, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

After calling from the road to say we would be checking in late on Easter weekend, we were surprised to arrive at 11:45 pm, after a long day of travel, to find the hotel had given our suite to someone else. The night manager apologized, and offered us a $50 rebate on a much smaller room, and said a cot would be brought in (we were three adults and had booked and paid for a large suite). He promised that they would move us into our reserved skyline suite the following day, and for the rest of our stay. The next morning we packed up, left for the day, and returned after a play, once again at midnight, to find our reserved suite had been given to another guest; our packed bags were in the room exactly where we left them. This was completely inexcusable, especially as it required stressful negotiations two nights in a row on a precious 3 day vacation. I insisted they give us another room for our 25 year old son, especially as the smaller room they put us in turned out to be $75 less (not the $50 they offered), and to their credit they did. But I had to ask.

The rooms are nice and it's a great location, but if they don't honour their reservations, even after they deduct the amount from your credit card, how can the hotel be trusted?

Dear 322Susan,

As the General Manager of the Affinia Dumont, I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback. I am disappointed to hear we did not meet your expectations during your most recent stay. I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your experience in greater detail. Please contact me directly at the hotel so that I can rebuild your trust in our ability to provide you with only the highest levels of service. I look forward to speaking with you.

Toronto, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Large guest suites with a kitchen. Great staff. The wine hour from 5 - 6 was a nice touch. It was my first time staying in this part of Manhattan. Its a great area - Murray Hill. Lots of Restaurants nearby. We walked everywhere and when we didn't feel like walking the subway was nearby.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Mike D,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback on your most recent stay at the Affinia Dumont. We are so pleased to hear our spacious rooms and genuine service exceeded your expectations. Hope to see you back at our Wine Hour soon!!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Ok first of all, the staff here deserves some serious recognition - especially Paul. He gave us the royal treatment and was so easy to work to find the right suites for our group. He even moved us up to a higher floor because they had availability.

The hotel itself is a dream....from the fruit water & free wine happy hour in the lobby, to the views of the Chrysler Building, to the enormous size of the suites - this place beyond exceeded my expectations. I've stayed in teeny tiny rooms in NYC for double or triple the price of what we paid so I was nervous we wouldn't have enough space for our ladies' weekend. Boy was I wrong! Our suites even came with a kitchenette which was perfect for breakfast in the room, or late night leftovers. The views at sunrise were breathtaking, definitely worth waking up for!

I would highly recommend this place for anyone who wants to bop all around the city. It's a quick walk to the subway, and easy to catch a cab. You can't beat it!

Dear Laura M,

Thank you for your 5 star review on TripAdvisor! As the General Manager of the Affinia Dumont, I am pleased to hear your girl's weekend at our property exceeded your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Aalesund
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

We stayed 5 days at this hotel on our first whole family trip to NY. Unfortunately there was no room vacant on our arrival day in spite of our reservation placed 4 months earlier with expedia.com. The staff arranged one night at the nearby Afinia Shelburne and we got our room on the 28th floor the day after. There were a lot of apologies and we weren't charged for the first night. We had a room with 2 queen size beds for the four of us - 2 boys at the age of 16 and 17. Nice and clean rooms with a convenient size and possibility to prepare small meals in-between. Great location with walking distance to Empire state, Chrysler and UN. Metro-stop 5 min walk form the hotel. Breakfast and dinner restaurants close by.
We had a discouraging start after a long journey to NY but the staff did what they could to compensate for it and we ended up with really enjoying our stay at this hotel.

Dear Jorn H,

As the General Manager of the Affinia Dumont, I would like to thank you for your feedback on your most recent stay with us. I am pleased to hear that our service levels exceeded your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travels bring you to NYC. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I may be of any future assistance.

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

A change in travel plans found me in NYC and I needed a place to stay pronto. I made the reservation online. I have stayed at a sister property - the Affinia Manhattan -- and loved it, but had a bad experience there recently. So, I wasn't sure what to expect by staying here.

I was glad I took a chance. The room was awesome and everyone was so friendly, especially the bellman with the fedora! (Sorry I don't remember his name. It was very late when we arrived!)

Our room had a full kitchen, kingsize bed and a huge desk area. The room was very clean and the bathroom and shower were wonderful.

I was sad that we spent less than 12 hours in this room given our travel but definitely will try to stay here again!!!

Room Tip: You should know that they take a $50 charge on your credit card for incidentials which is reversed b...
Dear Yepitsme2014,

We were sad to see you go! Can't wait to have you back for a longer stay soon! Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I may be of any future assistance.

regards,

Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

We had a wonderful time at the Affinia Dumont. We spent a long weekend touring NYC and were stunned by the generosity and service we encountered, particularly in Paul Y. The suites were gorgeous and the views unbeatable (we were on the 33rd and 36th floor). The daily wine happy hour, pillow service, and friendly staff were all great perks. We thought the prices were very reasonable and easy to get to subway lines to get all over the city. Would absolutely recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: We loved the suites on the 33 & 36 floor. Unbeatable skyline views!
Dear SaraJoy12345,

Thank you for providing us with your feedback on your most recent stay at the Affinia Dumont. As the General Manager of the Hotel, I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and that we exceeded your expectations. I look forward to sharing your review with Paul as well! We look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travels bring you to NYC!

Jennifer Baldwin

Been to Affinia Dumont? Share your experiences!