“I was sad to go....” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Affinia Dumont

Save Saved
You added Affinia Dumont to your Saves list
Affinia Dumont
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   150 East 34th Street, New York City, NY 10016 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
15% off your stay!
Ranked #51 of 451 hotels in New York City
Boston, Massachusetts
“I was sad to go....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

A change in travel plans found me in NYC and I needed a place to stay pronto. I made the reservation online. I have stayed at a sister property - the Affinia Manhattan -- and loved it, but had a bad experience there recently. So, I wasn't sure what to expect by staying here.

I was glad I took a chance. The room was awesome and everyone was so friendly, especially the bellman with the fedora! (Sorry I don't remember his name. It was very late when we arrived!)

Our room had a full kitchen, kingsize bed and a huge desk area. The room was very clean and the bathroom and shower were wonderful.

I was sad that we spent less than 12 hours in this room given our travel but definitely will try to stay here again!!!

Room Tip: You should know that they take a $50 charge on your credit card for incidentials which is reversed b...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
AGGeneralManager, General Manager at Affinia Dumont, responded to this review, May 4, 2014
Dear Yepitsme2014,

We were sad to see you go! Can't wait to have you back for a longer stay soon! Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I may be of any future assistance.

regards,

3,269 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (472)
Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

We had a wonderful time at the Affinia Dumont. We spent a long weekend touring NYC and were stunned by the generosity and service we encountered, particularly in Paul Y. The suites were gorgeous and the views unbeatable (we were on the 33rd and 36th floor). The daily wine happy hour, pillow service, and friendly staff were all great perks. We thought the prices were very reasonable and easy to get to subway lines to get all over the city. Would absolutely recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: We loved the suites on the 33 & 36 floor. Unbeatable skyline views!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Dear SaraJoy12345,

Thank you for providing us with your feedback on your most recent stay at the Affinia Dumont. As the General Manager of the Hotel, I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and that we exceeded your expectations. I look forward to sharing your review with Paul as well! We look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travels bring you to NYC!

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

I cannot believe how nice this hotel was for the price. Great location, shockingly huge clean/pretty rooms, gorgeous Empire state views, free wine hour (?!?!?). We saved a lot of money eating breakfast/snacking in the full kitchen- it was a huge perk.

The staff was also super helpful and sweet at times I thought for sure they would be annoyed with me. I had to add (then switch) check in names, switch the credit card on the room, and then I asked to be moved to a higher floor for an even better view... and Paul Y. hooked up each and every annoying request with a smile. Thank you!!

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor! Views are amazing.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Dear aconokc,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback on your most recent stay at the Affinia Dumont. As the Hotel's General Manager, I am pleased to hear our service and rooms exceeded your expectations. We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back as our guest soon.

New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

As in every holiday there was a crowded hall waiting for check in and the staff was very busy to arrange our early check in and warm welcome. We couldnt get an upper room as requested and took a long walk waiting for the 16:00 call to finally check in. Not a big deal. The room was great and we had the chance to upgrade to a 33th floor skyline suite after the holiday. The huge room got a marvelous view. Best hotel experience ever. Made our stay in the big apple memorable.

Dear Mr. Renato B,

Thank you for your review of the Affinia Dumont on Tripadvisor. As the GM of the hotel, I am pleased to hear you had an opportunity to enjoy our spectacular views. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travels bring you to the Big Apple.

Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

We stayed in two rooms on the high floors with wonderful views of the Chrysler.
I love the iconic building and watching it slowly light up as the sun set was wonderful experience.
The hotel rooms were huge with a small kitchenette and separate bedroom, lounge and bathroom areas. In addition to the large wardrobes in the bedroom thee was also a large hanging area in the hall. Parts could do with a little TLC but otherwise clean and practical.
Whilst the hotel is not central, we never had to walk far to anything. The Empire State is 5 minutes walk and 5th avenue around the corner, 5 minutes to grand Central and 15 minutes to Times Square. There is also a Subway satiation close by with easy travel to Battery or Central Park.
The big bonus with the Affinia was the free wine in the afternoons. How wonderful to walk through the door after a hard day sight seeing to be given a chilled glass of white wine.
The staff are friendly and greet you as you returned each evening welcoming you back.
We would definitely stay again on our next visit to New York.
Hertfordshire, UK.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for a high floor!
Dear ERH _59,

Thank you so much for your kind words. As the General Manager of the Affinia Dumont, I am thrilled to hear you and your family enjoyed your recent stay with us. We pride ourselves on having some of the best views in the city from our Skyline Suites! We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back the next time your travels bring you to NYC.

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

on 29th floor - had great view of chrylser bldg to east river. So close to fifth/madison and park..a small walk to UN and ferry to WTC...but quiet anough to not be constantly surrounded by crowds. Room was as requested, large double double..bathroom and storage great. Kitchen exactly what was needed except for no kettle! Lounge area roomy and just what was needed after long flight. Staff always helpful and friendly - we have already recommended to friends as a place to stay. Was a great place to come home to after a day of sighseeing...we only managed one night to be back in time for the wine but it was worth it too...

Dear pattyowyongah,

Thank you for providing us with your feedback on your most recent stay at the Affinia Dumont. As the General Manager of the Hotel, I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and that we exceeded your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travels bring you to NYC!

New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

My decision to stay at this hotel was based on great recommendations from my colleagues; and, I must say they were right! All aspects of my stay at the Affinia Dumont were excellent. This location was very convenient to the business I was in NYC to conduct. The check-in was quick and accurate, my room (Single King Suite) was larger than I expected and very comfortable. The hotel staff were very cordial and helpful. Overall, an excellent experience. I will stay here again when I am next in New York.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Dear Mike N,

Thank you so much for your kind words. As the General Manager of the Affinia Dumont, I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us and appreciated our location and services. We have an amazing team of people that are truly committed to providing only the highest levels of service to our leisure and business guests. We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back the next time your travels bring you to NYC.

Jennifer Baldwin

Been to Affinia Dumont? Share your experiences!