We stayed at Affinia Dumont for 4 nights at beginning of July 2013. I emailed hotel prior to arrival requesting a high floor if available. Jean, at check-in, honoured this request and we were thrilled to have a suite on the 35th Floor with a lovely view of the East River. I would like to compliment Jean as he was friendly and welcoming to us, after our long flight. We did not need to interract with any other hotel staff during our stay, but saw lots of people dealing with Reception and Concierge and Porters and all staff seemed very helpful and pleasant. Everything was as expected with the Suite, and my 16yr old son slept peacefully every night on the very comfortable sofa bed, with his own 42" TV to watch.! Nice fully equipped kitchennette (which we did not use), but great to have the coffee maker and full fridge for water etc.. Duane Reade's shop across the street which sells everything you would find from a chemist to a grocery store. (stock up there with water etc.. - very pricey to use the hotel's own supply). Very well located for all of the sights so I won't go into that.
Murray Hill Diner lovely for a filling good value breakfast (out the door turn left & left again). Barking Dog restaurant/bar attached to the hotel - nice food and beer. Pig "n" Whistle Irish Pub, newly opened - out the door turn right and across the road - tasty food and beer.
We will definitely stay here again and would highly recommend to all. Compliments to the Cleaning Lady also who was absolutely top class and visited every day, when we were out. How nice it was to come back to well made beds, fresh towels etc... after a hard day's sightseeing!
TIP FOR A CHEAP RIVER CRUISE: Just 2 blocks down from the Hotel at the East River on 34th Street, there is a Pier and the local New Yorkers use the boats there to go to work at Pier 11 / Financial District. We had a lovely trip with great views of the New York Skyline for only $4 each. We also came back at rushour so whilst everyone was running for buses / subways - we got on our boat and watched all the workers getting on and being delivered across the river to various stops. It made me feel good to be a tourist and not in the rat race for a while!
Go on Google Maps and put in the address of the hotel - you can "walk" up and down the street etc to get a feel for the area. Thanks to Google Maps I was in New York long before I actually got on the flight !
- Also Known As:
- Affinia Dumont Hotel New York City
- Affinia Dumont New York City
- Affinia Hotel
- Affinia Dumont New York
- Affinia Dumont Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in vibrant Midtown East, Affinia Dumont has a little something for everyone. As one of the top boutique hotels in Midtown East NYC, business travelers admire our big desks and convenient location. Leisure travelers like our family-friendly suites with extra room for the little ones, and cruising around the neighborhood on our Republic Bikes. And everyone loves our Skyline Suites, with inspiring views of the historic Chrysler Building and tranquil East River. Join us nightly in our Midtown East hotel for a glass of red or white at our complimentary Wine Hour, located in the lobby from 5-6 p.m. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Sabre Hospitality Solutions , Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Venere, Agoda, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Affinia Dumont reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.