We took a bus from boston and arrived at NYC around 4PM. It was pouring heavily and no one seems to know where hotel St. marks is . Guess its because NYC is full of too many hotels and this one was some 10-15 min drive away from times square.
Points to note
• Neat and clean
• Although the rooms are very small and a tinie tiny bathroom, but with 130 dollars a nite, its totally cool, coz u just come back and sleep here.
• The beds wont be as comfy as a 5star, but they would be neat clean and comfortable enuf for u to get a good sleep.
• Front desk is very polite and courteous.
• Very good staff – courteous. Room service was quick.
• If u ask someone, they probably would not know about this hotel by name, so just take a taxi and ask him to go to “2nd street, 3rd avenue- St. marks place”. If he doesn’t know the way, show him the address, or better still, keep the hotel phone no. handy and call them, tell them where u r and what is the best way to reach the hotel. The cab fare from around times square/empire state/bolt bus stops is around 10 dollars one way.
• I had booked the hotel online, through an email reservation system of theirs and opted for cash on delivery, to my surprise I didn’t even have to show the print of the email, the checkin was done smoothly within 2 minutes.
• The front desk is not like a lavish lobby of a 5 star, its just a small room with the receptionist and their computer on one side the moment u climb the stairs.
• If u r on a tight budget and wanna spend as less as u can on accommodation, this place is superb. You might wanna keep some money aside for taxis though in case u don’t wanna walk so many blocks/pressed on time.
• The place has numerous eating joints , shopping markets around.
- Also Known As:
- St Marks Hotel
- St Marks Hotel New York
- St Marks Hotel Nyc
- Hotel St Marks
- St Marks Hotel Ny
- St Marks Hotel New York City