“Hectic” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Gansevoort Meatpacking NYC

You added Gansevoort Meatpacking NYC to your Saves list
Gansevoort Meatpacking NYC
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   18 9th Avenue, at 13th Street, New York City, NY 10014 (Formerly Hotel Gansevoort) (Manhattan)   |
Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
The Gift That Gives More
Ranked #177 of 455 Hotels in New York City
NJ
“Hectic”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

My husband and I has a date night and decided to stay at this hotel. We are coming from New Jersey so we ares very close so decided to go to dinner and stay over night. The ride is was a breeze. We arrived and were greeted by John who was fantastic. He welcomed us and answered and questions we had and also valeted our car for us. A great start to our day. We checked in which went smooths room was ready upon our arrival. We went to our room which was supposed to have a view of the Empire State Building. Yes we could see it but only the tip of it. So that was disappointing. My husband had ordered champagne and chocolate covered strawberries and they were missing from the room. He called and they said they would bring them up at 3. That was fine since we were leaving for lunch.
We ate at plunge which was fantastic. Great view and food. Service was also good.
We went out to do some shopping and we got back to our room after 4 and still no delivery. My husband had to call back and see what was up and they apologizes and brought it right up. They did handle the fee for the mix up which was super nice.
We had a spa at 530 so I decided to call down to see if we could go early. When I called they said they did not have our reservation. When they went to see the problem they came back to tell me that we were booked for a spa at the park avenue hotel. They could not accommodate me at our hotel. This was very disappointing. When booking spa we calked the hotel we were staying in and even clarified that it was in the meat packing district. So when booking spa check and double check. We had to pay for a car to take us to the other hotel. Spa was great but very hectic.
When we went to get a car Raul who works at the hotel listened to our complaints and him and the other man working helped us get a ride. Upon our arrival back to the hotel Raul had told Valerie our issue and she apologized and gave us her card for anything we needed. Also gave us some vouchers for drinks. Super nice.
We ate dinner at scarpetta which is fantastic. We has dessert at the sugar factory which Raul told us about and again fantastic.
The next day we packed up and then went for breakfast at bubbys. Great food. We went to Chelsea market and as we were shopping we realized we had no idea what time check out was. I took out Valerie's card and called hotel. They told me no one by that name was there. Ok so I calked back again and it was an architectural firm. Really wrong number on business card.
We called hotel and they told me check out was 12 they said I could have until 1230 I asked for a bit more time they gave me 1. I was not impressed with this. We ended up leaving by 1215.
My husband and I laugh About how hectic our one night out was. We still had a great time. We are thankful for john and Raul and the offer guys working to greet you at the hotel if it was not for them we would never think about going back.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Gansevoort_HG, Manager at Gansevoort Meatpacking NYC, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Dear Spyder625,

Thank you for the detailed review. We deeply regret your trip did not surpass your expectations and we apologize for any miscommunication. We aim to provide flawless service and we're disappointed you didn't feel well-taken care of. The chocolate covered strawberries and Champagne should have been delivered upon arrival and we deeply regret its tardiness. We also apologize for the misunderstanding with Exhale Spa. We appreciate your invaluable feedback as it will ensure all future visits are seamless. On another note, we're pleased John and Raul were helpful and we're glad you had a chance to enjoy the Meatpacking District's attractions. We'd love the opportunity to prove our dedication and provide an impeccable trip in the future. Please feel free to contact Digital@TheGHG.com for further questions or concerns.

Gansevoort Meatpacking

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
Stamford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

My party and I stayed one night in mid July. We spent the afternoon enjoying the pool - Good drinks, good food. The room was great too, with a large bathroom and amaaazing blackout curtains for sleeping! The location is key for dining out and enjoying the nightlife. We started the night on the rooftop, which was packed and a good scene. We then took a walk to the nearby lounges and partied til 4am, The next morning we took a quick walk to Chelsea Market and had lots of choices for breakfast.
We will definitely return!

Dear 484Guest,

Thank you for the brilliant review. We're pleased you enjoyed your mid-summer getaway and we're glad your experience was nothing short of amazing. You made a great decision by spending the afternoon lounging poolside. We're also elated you loved our rooftop's ambiance day or night. We agree, waking up in a dark room after a long night out can make a huge impact on the rest of the day. We're happy you plan to return and we look forward to having you again soon.

Shelton, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

The Gansevoort in the meatpacking district is an unreal time for anyone in their 20's and 30's looking to rip it up. The modern feel of the hotel was distinct and didn't make you feel like you were in one of the standard, stuffy overpriced NYC hotels. The rooms were clean, beds were comfy and the bathtubs were a perfect fit for two (wink, wink). Now we get to the rooftop pool, a fine little gem hidden on the 13th floor where the babes were plentiful and the drinks were heavy. Sipping on mojitos and basking in the sun almost gave me the impression that I was in South Beach... a thousand miles from Manhattan. Be expected to spend some money as this is NYC, but trust me when I say it was well worth every penny.

Dear Dellicious05,

Thank you for the phenomenal review. We're pleased you had an amazing stay and we're thrilled you enjoyed our chic yet contemporary vibe. We're glad you had a chance to take advantage of our enormous bathtubs and our comfortable beds. We agree, our rooftop pool is an ideal place to sun soak and lounge above the skyline and we're happy you loved the ambiance. We would love to have you again for another wonderful stay.

New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

I hosted a bachelorette party of 11 guests at the Gansevoort Meatpacking. The level of care from the General Manager was outstanding - we spoke prior to my stay multiple times via email and between the upgraded suite and the bottle of celebratory champagne, I couldn't have been more pleased.

The bellhop was jovial and more than happy to help us unload our many bags and boxes.

Upon checking in, I was greeted by the on-duty manager, Valerie, and she was exceptionally sweet. She made sure I knew I could contact her with any issues or requests. She took her time to show me the upgraded suite before we officially checked in and she spent time chatting with me to make me feel excited about my stay. Many thanks to her!

We enjoyed our time at the pool (albeit small). We also enjoyed our lunch at the restaurant in the lobby. My salad was forgotten, then brought out wrong, and the host personally apologized, hand delivered the correct salad, and then removed it from the bill. A class act!

We had an issue in the suite with the air conditioning - we were way too hot. First an electrician came to assess the problem. When he couldn't remedy the situation quickly, two men arrived with multiple fans to help cool our room immediately. That did the trick!

Overall, our stay was great and the staff was VERY attentive to our needs during our stay.

Thanks!!!

• Stayed July 2014
Dear coko383,

Thank you for the fantastic review. We're sending our well wishes to the bride-to-be and we're thrilled your stay exceeded your expectations. We are dedicated to ensuring your experience is nothing short of amazing and we're glad you felt cared for. Valerie and the rest of our team will be pleased with your kind remarks, as we know they look forward to your next visit. We apologize for the inconvenience at The Chester, but we're glad they could quickly amend the issue. Additionally, we're happy we were able to provide a speedy solution for the air conditioning difficulties. It was truly wonderful having you and we hope you visit again soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Just recently stayed at the Gansevoort Hotel and it was awesome! The rooms were great, the Pool was awesome, and the location was key. Easy to get to by subway and a short walk to the nightlife and great restaurants!

Highly recommend this place!

Dear Brian H,

Thank you for the rave review. We're elated your experience was wonderful from check-in to check-out and we're pleased you love the Meatpacking District. We agree, it's conveniently located and offers an immense variety of decadent restaurants and lively nightlife. It was a pleasure having you and we hope you return soon.

Shelton, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Had one of our vendors organize a trip for us, and I was excited to hear that they booked rooms for us at the Gansevoort. I've been to the bar before, but never a guest. Let me just say, wow, what an experience. First off, we arrived early expecting to check our luggage and just hang out by the pool. Nope, not a chance. Room was ready, threw our bags in there, and got to the pool. Pool waitress was fairly available, considering the 50 or so guests she was attending to, so we had prompt service, with little wait time. The rooms were immaculate. Comfortable bed with very chic furniture. After going out for dinner and drinks, I couldn't wait to get back and sleep. I would stay here any time I had an opportunity, and the staff was super friendly and helpful.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Keyser S,

Thank you for the splendid review and welcome back! We're thrilled you were able to stay with us and we're glad you had an outstanding experience. It's the little details that can make a moment memorable and we're pleased we could accommodate your early arrival. Heading to the pool was a great idea and we're happy you found our service to be attentive. We're also elated you enjoyed our cozy beds and we don't blame you for looking forward to a good night's sleep. We would love to have you again soon.

Palmerston North, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

We stayed for 4 nights and were impressed with this hotel. The high ceilings make the room seem spacious, the bed linen is fantastic, bath robes very cosy and service from the front desk and concierge excellent. We particularly liked the way that when we asked for things to be sent to our room they arrived promptly. Also, we had a couple of packages delivered to the hotel during our stay and they were handled efficiently (kept for us before our arrival and delivered to our room whilst we were there) with no service charge. I really like hotels that don't charge extra money for this type of service. The gym is small but functional and the gym staff very friendly. The Chester restaurant is good value and the service excellent. We would definitely stay again.

There are some very minor issues: Because of the location, there is generally quite a crowd at the front door but the 'bouncers' are good at watching for hotel guests and letting them through. There's quite a lot of noise from other guests in the hallways at night (shouting at each other to keep quiet) - but this isn't the fault of the hotel.The pool area is tiny so it gets crowded really early on in the day. No chocolates on the pillow at night.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear TwoBoffins,

Thank you for the lovely review. We're glad you enjoyed your experience and we're pleased you plan on visiting again. We strive to provide the highest standard of customer service and we're thrilled your requests were quickly fulfilled. We're happy you had a chance to indulge in The Chester's delicious cuisine and we're elated you felt well-taken care of. On your next stay, we’d be happy to sweeten up your room with evening chocolates. It was a pleasure having you and we look forward to your next trip.

Gansevoort Meatpacking

Been to Gansevoort Meatpacking NYC? Share your experiences!