“Thoroughly enjoyed our stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Wyndham Midtown 45

You added The Wyndham Midtown 45 to your Saves list
The Wyndham Midtown 45
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   205 East 45th Street, New York City, NY 10017 (Formerly The Alex Hotel) (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead, Save 25%
Ranked #346 of 459 Hotels in New York City

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The hotel upgrade my booking room to suit to let me to feel great manhatten, and thanks for the hotel upgrade my booking.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

JJLewis14, Resort General Manager at The Wyndham Midtown 45, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear Liao H.

Thank you for your response. It was our pleasure to be able to honor your request. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon.

Warm Regards,

John J Lewis
Resort General Manager
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The staff are very friendly and location is easy, taxi drivers all know it. It's undergoing renovation so there's no breakfast, although John's Diner is round the corner and excellent. The rooms are worn, there are facilities, but there was no bottled water or glasses in my room (which was annoying to find out late at night!). There are other competitive options nearby.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Dear Kath O,

We appreciate the time you have taken to review your stay. It is great to hear that you found our staff to be friendly and our location convenient. We have made a note of your feedback. Regrettably, we no longer put bottled water in our rooms. However, as part of our renovation, our rooms have a fully-equipped, ultramodern poggenpohl kitchen with gourmet cookware. Your comments have been valuable to us, and we hope you will keep us in mind if you plan on returning to New York City.

Warm Regards,

John J Lewis
Michigan's Upper Peninsula
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Not knowing what to expect at all we were very surprised and happy with our room. The location was great. Our renovated room was nice and clean and comfortable. The kitchen was a great plus although we weren't there long enough to use it. Now that we've been there and know it was so nice with a kitchen... we would recommend this hotel and we would stay here again for sure. The view from our room was very nice. The walk to Times Square & Central Park was not too far at all.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Shennell R, Executive Office at The Wyndham Midtown 45, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Dcmal:

Thank you for your feedback and taking a chance on us. It is so wonderful to know that you were very surprised and happy with your room. Our team at Wyndham Midtown 45 likes to hear how we have surpassed our guest expectations. It is comments like yours that provides reassurance that we are going in the right direction. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon.

Shennell Robinson
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stood here four nights and loved the location. The place is in total reno from facility to staff. I would recommend a stay starting in Fall 2016 if you really want to have an above average stay. Still a young hotel, not a luxurious stay. Loved the Diamond Distrcit though. My room was getting renovated the day I was checking out. The staff is confused but the management is very giving and apologetic. I will return after some time though, this location needs a few years to catch up to Wyndham standards.
The rooftop location was exceptionally pleasant

Room Tip: Ask for a view - we didnt have one
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking time out of your day to comment about your stay. Please accept our apologies for the unpleasant smells and the lack of knowledge displayed by some of our staff. As you have stated we are in the process of a major renovation and are extremely excited about our transformation. I also would like to thank you for already deciding to come back to see our finished product. Our renovation should be completed by April 1, 2015.
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We stayed here over New Year's and had the most wonderful time. We found both the renovated and non-renovated room just perfect, despite other reviews. The rooms were spacious for New York and although the non-renovated room had older decor it was still clean and well appointed. I would have given a 5 star rating for the first visit, however on our second visit just a few days later we were booked in a 2 bedroom presidential suite which although updated was in worst shape then the former two rooms. the first one offered had stains on the new furnishings and a stove which was all scraped up on every burner. Wyndham quickly switched me to another suite which appeared to be in better condition. The furnishings were beautiful the room very large with a beautiful view of the city with floor to cieling windows on both sides of the kitchen and livingroom. However when I went to call the front desk I was astounded to find out that the phone had no dial tone. I used my mobile phone to call the front desk and let them know, I was advised they would send someone up and I asked if they woul wait until later that day. Noone ever came on that day.The next morning after putting the dishwasher on the night before I awoke to find out that my shower leaked into teh other bathroom, the dishwasher was not working nor was th phone and when I inquired about the broken dishwasher I was told that it could not be fixed and they would be up to fix the phone and recauk the bathroom. After hours of them trying to fix the phone I finally checked out and went elsewhere. I do not know if the phone was ever fixed. During all of this I must say that the staff was very friendly and helpful (all but the woman who told me hte dishwasher could not be fixed and then just went back to what she was doing without even an apology or ounce of remorse for the situation). Perry, Fabio and Carlos were exceptional trying to help me as best they could. and with all my luggage checking in and out. As were many of the otther staff memebrs all of whom's names I cannot remember but there smiling faces I can.

Bottom line is that this is going to be an exceptional resort in the future once they have worked through all the construction issues and the renovations. It is just now during the renovations you are taking a gamble on what you are going to get even if the room is noted as renovated. In addition there are only two elevators and as such much time can be spent waiting for the elevator to come especially if the renovating crew is using one. A little trick is to walk down to the Tenth floor because for floors 1-10 there are three elevators.

The resort Terrace and pation is lovely with fantastic views of teh city. One other note is that the location is a good one with many restaurants surrounding the facility and Park and Madison Avenue so close. There is easy access to almost anywhere and Taxis were easy to come by. I am sorry my second visist was not as good as my first but thankful for the staff and their service.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
Thank you for taking time to make us abreast of your recent stay. We have made note of your feedback, and will be looking into why your second stay was not as five star as your first. This is definitely not Wyndham standards. We will also be sharing you compliments with Perry, Fabio, Carlos and the Wyndham Midtown 45 Team. Thank you for still supporting us as we continue to grow and improve as a brand. We do hope you will visit us again.

Shennell Robinson

Been to The Wyndham Midtown 45? Share your experiences!