“Great location, modern design, great staff, spectacular views” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Wyndham Midtown 45

Save Saved
You added The Wyndham Midtown 45 to your Saves list
The Wyndham Midtown 45
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   205 East 45th Street, New York City, NY 10017 (Formerly The Alex Hotel) (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 25%
Ranked #344 of 454 Hotels in New York City
Oak Hill, Virginia, United States
“Great location, modern design, great staff, spectacular views”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This was our first time at the WM45. It was pricey but it delivered. It's a very tall building (33 floors), but the 2 elevators seem to handle the load even during changeover. Our booking included an "American Breakfast" (2 eggs, sausage or bacon, toast, juice, coffee/tee) which is custom cooked (not buffet). The bar/dining area is adequate for the purpose. It was mentioned that the facility hasn't been fully "Wyndham-ized" yet, which I think means more changes to come. The room was typical by NYC standards. Very interesting furniture and fittings, all designed to save space when things are not in use. The kitchen had a HUGE fridge (3 doors) - I suspect that someONE could stay for a longer period on a business trip and actually use the fridge and stove. There was a TV in the bathroom, and a "powerful" TOTO toilet. In our room (3203), the shower is tricky to navigate because of the sliding glass doors and the position of the sink - to turn on the shower.... then you need to slide the doors to access the back of the tub. BE CAREFUL... the back of the tub is curved, so you need to step in carefully, and squeeze a bit past the glass door. If you're not a little nimble there may be a problem in this particular bathroom. Checking in/out was efficient, checking bags after checkout worked great. Door/lobby crew are very helpful with cabs/luggage etc. Our view was looking south/downtown and to the east river... with the Chrysler building being squarely in view.

Room Tip: The higher, the better the view. South and East are good if high. not sure about the north & w...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Polish first
argentina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Really the staff was very helpful with us. It was a very nice and quiet in fl. 28 just looking to the Chrysler building. The location was exellent as we used the subway (Grand Central station) to go to all places to visit. However the furniture wasn´t in a good condition, the night tables were broken and the wardrobe door as well.
Also I must thank to Elizabeth and his staff all the good moments I pass together with my wife and my son. I will recomend this hotel to my friends and relatives. May be next year I will stay again.

Room Tip: Higher floors are better and quiet.
Coloma, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

The room was clean and roomy... The staff was great and very helpful....close to many great places...... We were there for two nights and added a third night..... very enjoyable.... a big thumbs up.....

Room Tip: Try Pomodoro's Italian restaurant around the corner.......
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Clonmel, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Home from home for a first time visit to New York. Very helpful staff from front of house to room service.given a quiet room as requested (2506) with kitchen facilities. Great fridge freezer!
Bedlinen, towels and toiletries good quality, staff very responsive and helpful. Special thanks to Ivo, Joanna and the security team and to Elizabeth who was interested in my experiene as a first time visitor to New York.
Well done for for recognising October as the ' Breast Cancer' month.
I will be back.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room with kitchen facilities 2506! Ask.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We needed a room for 4 adults so we chose a 2 bedroom, 2 bath suite. Rooms are a good size, extremely clean, nice decor, but.......some of the furniture seems not in a good state of repair. Beds were comfy, temperature was good. View of Chrysler building and the Waldorf was nice. Rm 2904. Very nice rooftop patio, bring your own refreshments, a nice relaxation at the end of the day, too bad they lock you out at midnight. Free wifi is a crock, it worked briefly one day out of six. You do have the option to pay for "better" wifi, they shouldn't advertise free wifi if it never works. Staff were extremely accommodating; arranged an SUV to the airport that was punctual and just a few dollars more than a cab. I was a dumb-dumb and dropped my phone in the SUV and didn't realize until it was too late for the driver to return, the driver and Mike at the hotel helped me get the phone Fedexed within 24 hours.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
Michael M, Guest Relations Manager at The Wyndham Midtown 45, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Msdemean,

Thank you for providing us with this great feedback. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your 2 bedroom suite and city view. Also, it was my pleasure assisting you with getting your phone shipped back to you, I know how unsettling the feeling of a lost phone can be! Once again, thank you for taking your time to leave us your review. We are looking forward to your next visit at the Wyndham Midtown 45!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

The "sales" pitch was sold by the desk staff as free breakfast and gift card in exchange for a 90 minute presentation. 2 hours into this high pressured sales pitch of just a few more minutes. I finally threw the gift card in the sales person's face and I said I wanted nothing from him. I was not alone. When the sales people left the room, we turned to each other to commiserate. I will never participate in a sales pitch ever again.

The room was okay but not nice enough to make up for the 2 hour hostage situation.

Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Dear Melissa,

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. We are disappointed to hear your interaction with the marketing staff did not meet your expectations, as this is not part of the Count On Me service we take pride in. We know that while on vacation it is imperative that our guests are treated well. Again, thanks for taking the time to reach out.

San Jose, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

This is a nice place in a good location. They are still renovating rooms and you can see the minor imperfections, but it's still decent. Beautiful view of the Empire State building from our room as well as the city below. The 33rd floor community room is gorgeous. I could have stayed up there all night. I never used the laundry facility or anything else but I'm glad it's there. Kitchen was not stocked as I would expect of a Worldmark owner and they took a while to bring up the requested coffee and extra towels. Overall we had a great stay in 2 spacious studios with kitchen.

Room Tip: The wifi wasn't that great at connecting. We could not facetime the little one back home.
Dear SJSUVal,

Thank you for taking your time out to leave us your valuable feedback. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your suite & beautiful city view. I apologize that your kitchen was not fully stocked up to Worldmark standards but glad we were able to fix that for you. Once again, thank your for choosing Wyndham Midtown 45 and we are looking forward to your next stay with us!

mmcdonnell@wyndham.com

Been to The Wyndham Midtown 45? Share your experiences!