“ALWAYS A GREAT EXPERIENCE” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #322 of 458 Hotels in New York City
Mississauga, Canada
“ALWAYS A GREAT EXPERIENCE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2010

This is our third time staying at this hotel. The hotel is in a great location to see New York City.
The staff is amazing going out of their way to be helpful. The staff on the front desk is extremely welcoming, nothing is too much of a problem for them, if they are able to help they will.
The rooms are very clean and quiet.
I have stayed at other hotels in New York City and they do not compare to the Four Points Chelsea.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Dallas, Texas, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2010

This hotel is hit or miss. I'm a SPG platinum member and I've stayed at this hotel dozens of times and the regular staff recognize me by face. There is no such thing as an "upgraded" room at this hotel cause all the rooms are basically the same. Some have old tube TV's and the newer/upgraded rooms have a flat panel. Other than that there is no difference in rooms. Many times I've checked in with a confirmed king bed reservation and all they have are double beds. As a platinum guest I should ALWAYS get my confirmed reservations regardless of capacity. I always request high floors because the windows aren't that well insulated. If you happen to get a non-street facing room, especially on a low floor, you will be bombarded by noise coming from a bar on 24th street. This bar has an outdoor back patio and the noise carries all the way to the top floor. If you happen to get a room next to an Ice Machine...then goodbye sleep. Another MISS are the pull down shades. While they look modern and trendy they don't block out any light. Good luck trying to sleep in. Once I did have a room with curtains and pull down shades and this was a slight improvement in blocking out the light. When I was there last they were upgrading/fixing the elevators. They did an upgrade to the elevators a few years earlier which resulted in a really bad wood stain on the panels and burlap type of material on the rest of the cab. Unfortunately the stain was very poor and the fabric material is worn and doesn't hold up to the daily wear and tear. Hopefully this has been fixed.

Four Points provides free high speed internet, but there is no WiFi in the rooms so you have to be connected via ethernet cord. Years and years ago there used to be wifi, but they've disconnected that service. Now you do get free internet via ethernet, but I wouldn't call it High Speed.

Now I don't want to be totally negative. The staff has always been friendly to me upon check-in since I'm a regular hotel guest. The location is a HIT, with close proximity to public transportation, MSG, and cool neighborhoods. The rooms are faily clean and they've "modernized" the bed linens to a more contemporary/clean look. This is a HUGE improvement over the previous bedding.

I booked another stay for early November and I will do another posting to see if things improved. It had such bad experiences during my last stays (double bed instead of king, low floor which was noisy, voicemail light that blinked constantly even though there was no voicemail, etc) that I've been staying at the W Times Square usually at rates only $50-75 more a night which is well worth it.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2010

I was skeptical of this property as New York budget hotels have a way of not meeting expectations. The Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan Chelsea far exceeded my expectations. With an actual king size bed, there was plenty of room for me and my partner. The room was not large, but all components - bed, desk, and bathroom - were more than acceptable. I'd requested a quiet room and the hotel delivered with a room facing the rear of the building, ten floors up at noon. Even in noisy New York, I slept in near absolute silence. What was the secret benefit for this hotel was its location. I walked to midtown and lower Manhattan with ease. And the subways are just a few blocks away. One downside is the lack of free wireless. Plugging in was a bit of a hassle. When I'm looking to save money, sleep quietly, and have full service in New York, I'll be back at the Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan Chelsea.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
mygirlsaremypearls, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan Chelsea, responded to this review, October 4, 2010
Dear tiger02trip,

Thank you for your fantastic review! We look forward to continue to be your home away from home.

Regards,
Joseph
Loch Sheldrake, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2010

stayed for 3 nites, rooms are ultra small, basic, but beds are superior......wont stay again, since so many other choices in NYC are available.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
mygirlsaremypearls, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan Chelsea, responded to this review, September 28, 2010
We thank you for taking time to review our hotel. I want to apologize that your room was smaller than you had anticipated. On your next visit, please feel free to contact me directly, so that I may personally look after your reservation needs. Please do not hesitate to contact me at 212-627-1888.

Regards,
Joseph

Jupiter, Fla
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2010

Stayed here while visiting my kids.
For a moderately priced, well located (between Times Square and the Meatpacking District), Manhattan hotel it was very comfortable, clean, attractive with a helpful staff and a pleasingly soft trendy decor.

Nashville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2010

We picked this hotel based on price and location and were happy with both.
We arrived at noon and were able to get our room right away, a nice surprise. We were on the third floor and faced the back alley, but no surprise based on the good rate we received. The staff was always attentive and nice - and allowed us to store our bags on our last day.
The Whole Foods a few steps away was a great bonus. The subway lines a short walk.
One complaint is typical of a lot current hotels. Why provide a flatscreen TV with not a single HD channel? Very poor channel options. Not that were there to watch TV, but still a dissapointment.
Also, WiFi only in the lobby, another minus.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2010

2 night stay w/ my wife for our anniversary. Knew going in the rooms were small based on previous reviews....ours was. However, room was extemely clean, bed was the famous Sheraton Sweet Sleeper....outstanding! Bathroom....could do better w/ the soap/shampoo, throw in some q-tips and maybe more than (2) medium sized bath towels. Staff extremely helpful and friendly. Bar was hopping late night both nights we were there. Early check-in was available when we arrived @ 1:45. However, it was for room on 2nd floor. We opted to leave bags, returned @ 3:15 and got a room on the 18th floor (we had requested upper). We had room behind elevator, never heard it. No problems w/ leaving bags, they were stored in basement and staff brought up on elevator when we were ready to go to our room. Decent sized lobby, (2) computers w/ printer, free internet & Wi-Fi available. Numer ous deli-type businesses on both 6th & 7th Ave. Johny's on W25th IS A DEAL! Very small, almost only counter service, clean, nothing fancy, walk-up window & cheap for NYC....check it out
I would recommend this hotel to a friend, but suggest they read our review!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan Chelsea? Share your experiences!