“Very convenient and comfortable” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #323 of 458 Hotels in New York City
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Very convenient and comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We found the hotel extremely convenient - walking distance from Penn Station , close to the metros on 23rd and 28th St, close to the cafes etc in Flatiron. Staff were very polite and competent. Rooms were comfortable and well sized. We will use the hotel again.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
West Islip, New York, Usa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

this hotel was good the beds were very comfortable the staff were very friendly the hotel has a nice bar area with friendly bar tenders the room was clean and comfortable the location is in a good location close to subways resturants and shopping

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

For the night of Dec 12, I booked and paid Hotwire for a 3 star midtown hotel and was advised a room was reserved for me at the Four Points on West 25th.

After a 7 hour train ride from Charlottesville, VA, lugging my suitcase from the train to the taxi stand outside Penn Station and then waiting 40 mins in freezing weather for a cab, I finally arrived at 00:20 at the Four Points, tired, hungry and frustrated, only to be told “sorry, looks like we overbooked the hotel”.

"You are kidding me, mate" I thought.

The front desk officer, Jason, soon after arranged for me to be accommodated at the Hyatt Place, but it took another 20 mins for a cab to be hailed down for me. As all cabs traveling in West 25th were full, getting a cab meant waiting in the bitter cold at 25th & 6th Avenue. This is something I don’t want to repeat!

At 1:00am I arrived at the Hyatt Place on W36th with a letter from the Four Points to bill them for my stay. That however didn’t stop the front desk chap from whispering to me that my credit card was declined. Three times in my one night stay I had to clarify just who is paying. After all, the Four Points already banked my payment.

The HP is a nice hotel, no doubt ‘bout that.
But regardless, the abysmal customer service of the FP in (a) selling me a room that did not exist and (b) NOT calling me ahead of my arrival telling me they are out of rooms so that I wouldn't waste time, money and energy getting to the FP only to be sent elsewhere! After all, the HP is only a short walk from Penn Station. I could have saved a 40 min wait for a cab in the freezing cold outside Penn Station. And that doesn't include the cab driver's stupidity in taking the wrong route and ending up in a closed street where construction was being performed and (c) not offering a dime in compensation for the gross inconvenience the FP caused.

On a scale of 1-10, customer service at the Four Points is MINUS ONE.

Want a room tip for the FP? Funny question. After all, it assumes even if you pay for a room you actually get a room at the FP. Good luck!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
Lee B, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan Chelsea, responded to this review, 3 days ago
I am sorry to hear about your experience at our hotel but I would also like to assure you this was a rare occurrence. We work to provide the highest quality of customer service and I sincerely apologize for falling short. We hope you can give us a second chance in the future to make this right.
Buenos Aires, Argentina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I loved the hotel location, near Madison Square. The rooms were really clean and modern. The price was really good and the beds too. It has a bar downstairs were we grabed some beers. Everything was great

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your review BelenAT. It sounds like your stay was nothing short of spectacular and it's great to know we exceeded your expectations. We can't wait to have you stay with us again soon! Happy Holidays!
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed in a twin room that has plush and comfortable beds. The room was slightly small for 2 persons. We were pleasantly surprised with the complimentary happy hour with beer and chicken wings. There were times when there were popcorn and drinks at the lobby too. However, it did not seemed to be a regular affair. Wifi was not very stable. Hotel is a five minutes walk to Whole Foods supermarket which is one of my favourite. Overall, comfortable stay for my business trip!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your review MC T. We are happy you were able to experience of Best Brew & BBQ and that your stay was comfortable and uncomplicated. Thank you for sharing your experience with fellow travelers. Happy Holidays!
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The staff and reception at this hotel are really friendly and helpful. Check-in and check-out was quick and courteous.

Rooms are kind of small, no mini-fridge, no light-switch for the bedroom area (there is one for the entrance) and no complimentary breakfast included. Wi-Fi connection was very good, no complaints there.

Bed, pillows and covers were super comfortable, the sleep was really good, except for the somewhat thin walls/doors, where you can hear the noisy next-door neighbors at 4 or 5 in the morning, slamming their doors, and walking in and out, it was totally rude and disrespectful to the other guests on the same floor.

It is a cozy hotel, not very spacious but if you plan on staying at the Four-Points by Sheraton in Chelsea NY, make sure you get rooms in the higher floors where it'll be more peaceful with a much better view of the city.

Location-wise: 10 mins walk to Empire State Building, 15-20mins to Times Square. Not on a super busy street, not too much traffic but still plenty of taxi cabs.

All in all, I'd give this place 3 and a half stars out of 5, regardless of the noise and size factor, it's still very good.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Lee B, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan Chelsea, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for your review Moe S. Thank you for highlighting our staff and cozy rooms. We look forward to seeing you again. Happy Holidays!
Nottingham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stayed here for 5 nights & would definitely recommend it.The hotel is centrally placed
to give access to all that New York offers. The facilities were good. The room
was clean & the beds really comfortable.
The staff were great - couldn't have been more helpful.
Ate in the restaurant on our last night & really enjoyed the food.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Lee B, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan Chelsea, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for your review swiftcater. Our location is really great, I'm glad it was perfect for your stay. I will make sure to share your comments with our staff. We hope to see you again soon! Happy Holidays!

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan Chelsea? Share your experiences!