“Excellent customer service, great location” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #328 of 463 Hotels in New York City
Fishers, IN
“Excellent customer service, great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

I have stayed at the Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan Chelsea on several occasions while on business in NYC. The standard rooms are not very big, however, as a business traveler I really want a nice comfortable bed, access to an iron and a friendly staff. This hotel easily accomplishes all three. The location is a plus as well with easy walking access to restaurants and public transportation.

I had an error on my bill that I did not discover until I got home. I emailed Hakim, the Front Office Manager, and he apologized and quickly took care of the error and emailed me a new receipt. There was no need for back and forth or long explanations trying to get things right, he immediately took care of things. This is the kind of service that encourages people to make return visits.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less street noise
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Lee B, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan Chelsea, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Thank you MikeTK421 for your great review. We also would like to thank you for highlighting our great service and that we were able to make your stay comfortable and easy. I am glad we were able to handle your bill issue swiftly. I will make sure to pass along your great comments to the staff. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Bursa, Turkey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

This is my second time to visit New York City,I decided to stay out of Times Square Zone.Then I have chosen Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan Chelsea.There are many subway options to reach the hotel and travel the many NYC attraction from the Hotel.Hotel personel is very kind and smiley and reflects positive energy through the visitors. The room and the bathroom is always clean and there are complimentary bottles of water and kettle to make tea or coffee.. The bathroom needs more shelves to put tooth brushes,shave and etc.If I come to NY again I would like to stay once more in the hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Hi and thank you Erhnuysl for your review. I am thrilled to hear that our staff was able to bring positive energy to you through our great customer service. I am also thrilled to announce that more space in our bathrooms is one of the points being addressed in our guest room renovation. Thank you for being such a loyal guest and we cant wait to have you stay with us again!
Aliso Viejo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

Hotel was near Chelsea and in walking distance to restaurants. Down side you can get on subway, but need to transfer. Not easy for inexperienced New York traveler. I recommend staying near 34th or 42nd street or downtown. Hotel was older and disappointing for price. I would not recommend based on value for price. Room was pretty clean, staff was friendly.

• Stayed July 2013
Lee B, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan Chelsea, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Thanks to the reviewer for highlighting our friendly staff! I am happy to tell you that we began a renovation in July (a few floors at a time), that will be finished this October. Perhaps you'll come back and see how we have done.
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

As reviewed elsewhere, room was small, but huge drawers so unpacked for our 5 day visit. Best location for us who used different subways. . . $2.50 all the way to the Cloisters! Taxis just passed us by since they already had fares, so we learned fast & well how to hoof or sub it. Nearby are shops, Whole Foods, small eateries, altho no refrig in room. Elevator was only "problem" - renovation going on, so mostly only one usable. What a pain to wait! Friendly, helpful staff especially at night; one Asian gentleman/staff went out into street to flag us a large enough cab for 3 adults & 5+3 bags when we departed. Followup call after we ordered room service late on day we arrived. Great staff all around!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Lee B, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan Chelsea, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Thanks to the reviewer for sharing the comments. Yes We are undergoing room renovation(a few floors at a time). We are replacing all Furniture , Wall covering and soft goods. Overall our processed hasn't caused too many elevator delays, but on delivery days it has happenned. Thank you so much for your patience, while we make these improvements and modernize. I promise that it will be worth it!
In the meantime we will continue to provide exemplary service wherever you need it.
Lee berthelsen-Leon
Lowell, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

My visit to New York was filled with car difficulties. The staff here assisted my party in any way they could. When we had to stay another night, the staff arranged to keep our excessive amount of luggage while my group stayed at a friend's apartment. When we had to stay *another* impromptu night, the staff worked very hard to find us a room during a very busy season. The whole time was fraught with car concerns and logistical worries, but the general manager Lee, manager Hakim, and Jessica and Dion along with others not only accommodated us but made us feel like we were not at all the inconvenient clients that we were. This hotel is wonderful customer service.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
I remember your plight very well, and us checking out under the hood of your Subaru for problems! I'm so glad that our associates made a difference for you, and thankful as well that you took the time to tell others about it. Please come see us again!
Best Regards,
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Stayed here on business. I didn't have high expectations but based on the cost I expected more. Tiny tiny rundown rooms with incredibly small "double" beds. Be warned - there's no way 2 people can share these beds - they're more like twins. This place is ok for young broke folks who will be spending no time in their room and don't care about comfort / room size. But even then - I would imagine there are better options at a similar price point.
Can't say I expected the quality of higher tiered hotels but at $299 this was no bargain.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Lee B, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan Chelsea, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Thanks to the reviewer for sharing your experience. It gives me the opportunity to talk about our renovation that commenced on 7/8/13 the day before you departed. I'm sorry that we were too late for you, but by mid September the majority of our guestrooms will be completely renovated and like new. I hope that you will give us another try in the future. i promise that we will continue working hard to earn your loyalty.

Lee Berthelsen-leon
Upstate New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I was opposed to this hotel when my friend suggested it, but I admit it was ok. We were in NYC for 1 night and barely in the hotel at all. That is the only way I would suggest this as a viable option. It was fine, but just that fine. It was also conveniently located to where we wanted to be, also a plus. The rooms are clean. There is no valet, so when we were leaving Friday at 330 trying to get a cab, we were hoofing it in the heat with our luggage trying to hail a cab for the train, not fun. Having a valet hail you a cab when their are none, is worth the extra $$ to stay in a full service hotel, in my opinion.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Lee B, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan Chelsea, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Thanks to the reviewer for sharing their experience. I apologize that there wasn't a Bellman/doorman there to help you with your needs. We normally have someone on staff both am and pm to help with bags, and cabs etc for you. I would also like to add that good things are coming as we begin a renovation of our guest rooms this July in order to make our product fresh and new.
Please do come again, and thank you.
Best regards,
Lee

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan Chelsea? Share your experiences!