“Not quiet, no shower pressure... Ok location” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #302 of 451 hotels in New York City
Montréal, Québec
“Not quiet, no shower pressure... Ok location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Just came back from a 2 night stay there with my 12 year old son. We stayed from the 1st of January till the 3rd. Got there to check in, took them a while to find our room .... didn't have enough linens because of the night before (NYE in NYC is a busy night). Finally got our room on the 14th floor... thought it would be ok for street noises and all.... I was wrong. We were right on the street and all the noises were there (even at 3 AM). I reserved a two double bed room for an ok price. The room was small but it did the job of just for the sleep. The shower was really difficult to understand and we had barely any water pressure. I mean it took me 25 minutes to get it all done :). Clean washroom though.
All in all it's Ok for a stop and go place. Nice staff. Very small gym but equipment works fine.
There is no fridge in the room, I would really have used one. Complementary water and coffee.
But mistake my son order two movies (French and cant read English much yet) and the girl at the desk kindly removed the mistake quickly.
Small hallways and un-doubled doors = we hear everybody pass by .

Room Tip: Get a room as high as you can if you need peace an quiet to sleep.... NYC is a busy and noisy town.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
FourPointsChelsea, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan Chelsea, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
We cannot even begin to explain how disappointed we were to hear of the issues you experienced during your stay with us.

Please accept my sincere apology for the issues you faced. This is certainly not the experience we aim to provide our guests and I am truly sorry this happened to you. Our goal is to provide our guests with a welcoming, home-away-from-home, and to hear that we did not properly carry out this promise is very disappointing. Please know that this is not a typical service of our hotel.
I have notified our management team so that any and all issues are resolved immediately. We take hospitality, very seriously and although frustrating, thank you for bringing this to our direct attention. It is through guest feedback such as yours, that we can continue to enhance and improve upon our experience for all of our guests.

699 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
shes1namelian
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

(Arrived Christmas night) We loved every minute of our stay at Four Points! This hotel is truly off the beaten path, but close enough to plenty of subway lines in the event that you're not close enough to a desired destination. We travel to NYC at least once a year, and this is by far our favorite location. The rooms are a bit small, but that's part of the charm of NYC travel. The beds are amazingly comfortable. The bathroom is plenty big enough maybe a tiny complaint is there's little room to store my eleventy billion beauty products. This may be an irrelevant detail for some, but I loved that this little street is pretty well known for its vintage and mannequin shops. I shopped at the Goodwill, maybe 6 doors down and across the street and found some amazing finds. The Whole Foods was a good place to grab some beers to bring back to the hotel...the Brewhouse is a bit pricey even by NYC standards. Either way, this was a wonderful place to stay, especially if you want to avoid tourist spots. We WILL be back!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
FourPointsChelsea, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan Chelsea, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Thank you very much for your review. We are glad that we have become your hotel of choice for Christmas. As for the bathroom space, our new design which will be completed this year will most definitely address the space issue you mentioned. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Somerville, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Despite a minimal footprint and the need to shrink everything else down, the staff could not have been more courteous and efficient. The rooms were the best i"ve seen in a Four Points and the location's convenience to public transportation or within walking distance from many locations was a plus over some of it's higher priced brethren.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Thank you very much for your review. We are glad that our staff could accomodate you during your stay. We look forward to having you stay with us in the future.

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

This looks like a very old hotel. The rooms are too small. No queen beds. The bathroom is very small. And very noisy. We stayed on the 5th floor. We did not sleep all night due to traffic noise.

They said there is wifi. But it doesn't really work. And if it does it is very slow.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your review. We apologize that we did not meet your expectations. In our scheduled renovation we are adding more Queen/Queen rooms, which is a rarety in New York City. We do hope you will give us a chance in the future to see the improvement.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

Staff was very gracious during our stay. In the heart of Chelsea close to subway and walking distance to restaurants and shops . As mentioned by others and management they are looking forward to a refurbishment. I can say that the hotel is clean and the beds are cozy.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your positive review. We are very much looking forward to our refurbishment and believe it will complement our amazing staff very well. Once again thanks for the recognition.

London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

It's probably a good 4 years since we last stayed here and unfortunately the rooms are now tired. Still great comfortable beds, free WiFi and good coffee, but the bathrooms are now a little shabby with dispensers instead of miniature toiletries and poor water pressure. The Four Points in Soho is in much better shape. Staff helpful and friendly as always but next time I would opt for a room at the back of the hotel to avoid being woken by noisy garbage trucks. Despite these minor faults, still good value for money and a good location.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
FourPointsChelsea, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan Chelsea, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Thank you very much for your review. We will be undergoing a complete renovation in 2013 and we would be more than excited to invite you back.

San Diego
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

My wife and I stayed in this hotel for seven days in the middle of December 2012 from Sunday to Sunday. From the airport transportation I made reserved through the hotel to the room doors that did not lock to the PPV movie system that did not work this hotel is a mess.

I received an email about great 50% off deals through the hotels website. I booked an airport transfer and it read they have the reservation will be in touch. Nothing.
I had to book a shuttle and wait almost an hour.

When I checked in I asked for a high floor and a King bed, which the agent smiled and said no problem. The 9th floor is not high at all and I got two twin beds right by the elevator, which I was too tired to go down and argue about. The agent also said he was going to slip some drink coupons under the door which never happened. The safety lock on the room was also broken off and the door did not lock. We did not sleep all night due to traffic noise.

The staff was able to move me to a higher room on the 21st floor two days later which was much quieter. No King bed available (even though they had availability online) due to overbooking. This room the PPV did not work and the door did not lock / latch properly. We even came back to the room after house cleaning went in and the door was unlocked!

The staff said they would send someone up to fix the lock and the PPV system repeatedly for about 2-3 days. Every other day the room key did not work and we had to go down and get a new one.

When I asked about the airport transfer I booked, the agent at the front desk gave me a blank stare. He then mentioned it was probably booked through the concierge. Too bad he did not work today though. On a Sunday? Come back tomorrow morning and ask I was told. Well guess what? He did not work Monday either!
When I did finally ask about it on Tuesday, the concierge was lost as expected. He made me feel like I made it up and I had to show him the email offer for the specials (which came from the GM by the way) and how to book it via the home web page.
He said it must have gotten lost. He said he would contact the GM and the manager and see what they could do for me and let me know. He felt very bad and was very nice with good follow up, mentioning he would call them every 10 minutes. He finally spoke with them and he told me there was nothing they could do, so sorry.

I also waited till the concierge was available to buy Empire State Building tickets. What hotel has a concierge that has Monday and Sunday off and works strange hours? Like off at 3 or 4?When I bought the 2 tickets to the Empire State building I thought they were discounted until I got it and saw they were the same price.

The food in the bar is is not very good either.

I would have moved from the hotel when told there were no King beds on Wednesday if I could have found another hotel with availability and a somewhat reasonable price, but they were all booked.

Room Tip: get high floor or get ready to stay up all night
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
First and foremost I would like to apologize about the experience you had at our hotel. If you could please forward me a copy of the email with my name on it offering a discount, I would love to see it. As for the concierge, the tickets for the Empire State are explained as being express tickets which help you avoid the lines.

I am sorry we could not completely satisfy you during your stay.

Joseph

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan Chelsea? Share your experiences!