My wife and I stayed in this hotel for seven days in the middle of December 2012 from Sunday to Sunday. From the airport transportation I made reserved through the hotel to the room doors that did not lock to the PPV movie system that did not work this hotel is a mess.
I received an email about great 50% off deals through the hotels website. I booked an airport transfer and it read they have the reservation will be in touch. Nothing.
I had to book a shuttle and wait almost an hour.
When I checked in I asked for a high floor and a King bed, which the agent smiled and said no problem. The 9th floor is not high at all and I got two twin beds right by the elevator, which I was too tired to go down and argue about. The agent also said he was going to slip some drink coupons under the door which never happened. The safety lock on the room was also broken off and the door did not lock. We did not sleep all night due to traffic noise.
The staff was able to move me to a higher room on the 21st floor two days later which was much quieter. No King bed available (even though they had availability online) due to overbooking. This room the PPV did not work and the door did not lock / latch properly. We even came back to the room after house cleaning went in and the door was unlocked!
The staff said they would send someone up to fix the lock and the PPV system repeatedly for about 2-3 days. Every other day the room key did not work and we had to go down and get a new one.
When I asked about the airport transfer I booked, the agent at the front desk gave me a blank stare. He then mentioned it was probably booked through the concierge. Too bad he did not work today though. On a Sunday? Come back tomorrow morning and ask I was told. Well guess what? He did not work Monday either!
When I did finally ask about it on Tuesday, the concierge was lost as expected. He made me feel like I made it up and I had to show him the email offer for the specials (which came from the GM by the way) and how to book it via the home web page.
He said it must have gotten lost. He said he would contact the GM and the manager and see what they could do for me and let me know. He felt very bad and was very nice with good follow up, mentioning he would call them every 10 minutes. He finally spoke with them and he told me there was nothing they could do, so sorry.
I also waited till the concierge was available to buy Empire State Building tickets. What hotel has a concierge that has Monday and Sunday off and works strange hours? Like off at 3 or 4?When I bought the 2 tickets to the Empire State building I thought they were discounted until I got it and saw they were the same price.
The food in the bar is is not very good either.
I would have moved from the hotel when told there were no King beds on Wednesday if I could have found another hotel with availability and a somewhat reasonable price, but they were all booked.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Behind our sleek design is the same comfort and service you expect from a Four Points. You won't need to go far to find a great restaurant, gallery or lounge. Over 2000 square feet of meeting space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Starwood, BookIt.com, Priceline, Odigeo, HotelTravel.com and Hotwire so you can book your Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan Chelsea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Points By Sheraton Manhattan Chelsea Hotel New York City
- 4 Points By Sheraton Manhattan Chelsea
- Four Points New York City
- Sheraton New York City
- Sheraton Manhattan Chelsea
- New York City Four Points
- New York City Sheraton
- Four Points Manhattan Chelsea
- Four Points Sheraton Manhattan Chelsea