OMG - don't waste your money on this hotel. Don't get me wrong, the hotel and the rooms are nice, but ONLY nice, nothing to write home about, there are much better deluxe hotels in New York for half the price.
Rooms are typical New York size, quite small. We reserved a grand deluxe and was given a room on the 43rd floor. These rooms were very compact and quite dark, considering they boast they have floor to ceiling windows. We complained and were given a Hudson view room on the 49th floor. The view from these rooms were much better, and the bathroom was very nice - it even had a window above the bath, although you couldn't see out of it when sitting in the bath.
The bath room amenities were nothing special, and there is NO bath or shower gel, only shampoo, condition, body wash, and bath crystals for the bath. Minimum number of towels were provided - 3 for 2 adults.
The rooms do not have any coffee making facilities, and no chocolates for turn down :-(
Staff at the front desk were friendly enough, but when we had to change rooms we were told that we had to come down and get the new keys, as there was not enough staff to bring them up - so, paying $1000 per night to the hotel and they can't even provide a service!!
We had made a reservation for Brunch in the restaurant for the following Sunday. before we arrived. Upon check-in, we asked if they could check on this for us, and found that there was no reservation. The restaurant called us in our room to confirm that we now had a reservation for breakfast at 11am on Saturday - we said that we want brunch on Sunday, not Saturday. The following night (Saturday) we checked with the concierge that our reservation for Sunday brunch was all confirmed. They called back and said that our reservation was for today, Saturday, and that we never showed up....... they finally made the correct reservation - truly 5 star service don't you think?
I would not recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a nice hotel to stay at in New York.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, New York Hotel New York City
- Mandarin Oriental, New York Hotel
- Mandarin Oriental
- Mandarin Oriental New York
- Mandarin Oriental New York City
- Mandarin New York City
- New York City Mandarin
- New York City Mandarin Oriental
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With a prestigious address in the heart of Manhattan, Mandarin Oriental, New York is New York City's most striking and sophisticated luxury hotel. The 248-room hotel located high atop the Time Warner Center complex offers breathtaking views of the skyline, Central Park and the Hudson River from its floor-to-ceiling windows. Amenities include the two-level, Five-Star Spa at Mandarin Oriental, New York and award-winning signature restaurant Asiate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Venere, Tablet Hotels, Travelocity, Priceline, Otel, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Jetsetter so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, New York reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.