“You get what you paid for .....” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Manhattan-Seaport-Financial District

You added Hampton Inn Manhattan-Seaport-Financial District to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Manhattan-Seaport-Financial District
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   320 Pearl Street, New York City, NY 10038 (Financial District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
2X HHonors on Weekends
Ranked #211 of 457 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersBronze level
zurich
“You get what you paid for .....”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

I thought the pricing was too good to be true (USD 160/night) and it was. Arrived quite late, around midnight and spent 30 minutes at the front desk while the new person fiddled around learning how to check me in. I was on the first floor which was terrible for noise from downstairs and the room was simply 'drabby' - outdated with a few superficial touches to make it appear modern but basically outdated, and drabby - can't think of a better word.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Maggie H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Manhattan-Seaport-Financial District, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Dear Kurt-7,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay. I am sorry to hear that our newest staff member had difficulty in checking you in quickly upon your arrival. I have asked my Front Office Manager to work with him this weekend to ensure that all staff members are able to quickly attend to our guest's needs no matter the hour. While I can't take back your experience, I do appreciate being made aware of measures that the hotel can take to improve our guests' experiences.

Maggie Houston

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

Stayed on the 1st floor and every noise in the lobby could be heard, especially the cleaning person at 3am who felt the need to talk like there was no one around! No restaurant in the hotel as well didn't help.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Maggie H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Manhattan-Seaport-Financial District, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Dear Mark J B,

Thank you for submitting a review of your recent stay. I am sorry to hear that you had difficulty sleeping on our first floor. After receiving your survey, I immediately phoned our laundry delivery service to ensure that these staff members actively work to be as silent as possible during the overnight delivery hours. While I can not take back your experience, I do appreciate being made aware of the hotel's deficiences so that I may actively work to improve our operation.

Oakton, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

Rooms were big and the hotel was very clean. Food and wait staff not the best. We don't go there for the food anyway. Right near the Brooklyn bridge. We are GOLD members but were not given an upgrade that I know of. Needed to point member status out to front desk. View was overlooking construction site. Would I go back? Yes. Most important clean and BIG ROOMS!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Dear michele c,

Thank you so much for taking a moment to review your recent stay at the Hampton Inn Seaport! I am pleased to hear that you found our rooms very clean and of ample size. I will certainly share your feedback with my Breakfast Host to ensure we work together to improve our breakfast service. Feedback like yours helps us continually improve the experience that we deliver to our patrons.

tucson, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

The cheapest room is very noisy - its in the basement and shares a wall with hthe elevator leading to very loud noises that are hard to tune out because they are sudden and intermittent. Earplugs helped, but didn't fully do the trick. The room is small (its manhattan afterall), but it has everything you need.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Maggie H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Manhattan-Seaport-Financial District, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Dear John M,

I'm sorry to hear that you had difficulty sleeping during your recent visit. While some guests enjoy our C Level rooms due to their back patio space, these rooms are close to our elevator and may be noisy for other patrons.
While I can't take back your experience, I do appreciate your sharing your feedback. If you frequent Hampton or Hilton hotels often, please consider joing our HHonors program. Members of HHonors have member profiles that contain preferences such as room type/location. This helps hotels ensure that we place guests in rooms which meet with their preference to ensure a satisfactory visit. (Guests of HHonors also have the advantage of earning points and/or airline miles for visits with any of the Hilton Family of hotels).

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

Everyone in the hotel was professional and helpful. Our room was comfortable and clean. My family had a great time in NYC that weekend. Even with the rain all weekend. Looking forward to returning and doing a sunny weekend in the Seaport District. Can't wait until the Pier is finished with new development.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Dear 399lizh,

I am very pleased to hear that you and your family had a wonderful visit at the Hampton Inn Seaport (despite our "spring showers"). My team and I will look forward to welcoming you back during the sunny summer season. (There are fantastic boat tours that depart minutes from hotel that I am sure you would enjoy!)

All the Best,

Highland Park, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

We arrived late at night, dark and rainy, with a sleeping baby and a bunch of luggage. Staff was AMAZINGLY helpful with everything. I had a little trouble with internet connection (new computer) and staff came to the room to guide me through it.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Maggie H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Manhattan-Seaport-Financial District, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Dear Samuel B,

Thank you so much for taking a moment to compliment my team. I am pleased to hear that our team was able to assist you quickly to ensure you and your family were comfortably accomodated. I do hope that you'll visit us again during a future visit to NYC.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

Still at this hotel, just waiting in the lobby for a taxi to JFK. What a smashing little hotel, really handy for Wall st, Chinatown, and Freedom tower. Right next to the Brooklyn bridge we loved it. Staff are extra special, providing menus for takeaways or recommending local restaurants. We have stayed at Hilton's all over the world, some of the flagships could learn a thing or two from these guys on the frontdesk. Hope to be back soon.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear allisonapeters,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with fellow travelers. I am happy to learn that you had a "smashing" experience at our hotel. We are fortunate to be located close to several of downtown's best attractions so I am pleased to hear that you loved your visit.
Thank you as well for complimenting the professionalism of our front desk team. I will be sure to share your praise!

Maggie Houston

Been to Hampton Inn Manhattan-Seaport-Financial District? Share your experiences!