“Very poor hotel and very expensive for what it offers” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Windsor Hotel

Save Saved
You added Windsor Hotel to your Saves list
Windsor Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   108 Forsyth Street, New York City, NY 10002 (East Village)   |
Ranked #375 of 451 hotels in New York City
Coimbra, Portugal
“Very poor hotel and very expensive for what it offers”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

The only good thing about this hotel is the location: on the border between Chinatown and Lower East Side, it is also close to a subway station and it has some shops and basic restaurants close by.

The hotel itself is very poor and extremely expensive for what it offers. Last June, I paid US$ 230 (taxes included) per night for a double room which was really poor. Although clean, it was sloppy and careless: the chair was full of stains, the furniture was partially ruined, the blanket of one of the beds was ripped off, paper of the wall was peeling and the shutter of the window was half-broken. Moreover, there was no double glazing on the windows and so it was rather noisy. The room was tiny, almost without space for the luggage and two persons. It was the worse relation quality/price that I have ever experienced! Unbelievable!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

136 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Ashford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

Good value this close to downtown. Room was adequate. Travelled uptown by metro every night no problem. No facilities so eat out and bring your drinks in. Some good places to eat close by in China town or Little Italy.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

Great location for great eats, close to everything and clean, basic, room.. John helped with parking and provided a tip sheet of his favorite food places. Stayed in NYC 25 times, loved being in Chinatown and not having to ever take a cab or subway for what i wanted to do. Would return for more.....

Room Tip: High floor with view of park
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

This is a nice little hotel, decently priced, clean with friendly staff. It only loses a single point because the location feels a little unsafe. We never had a problem to be fair but it does feel -like I say- a little unsafe at night.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Topeka, Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

My mom, stepfather and I stayed here June 7th-June 13th. Rooms are small, but appeared clean. Our room had a double bed and an extra-long twin. The mattresses were very firm. The wi-fi worked very well throughout our stay. The hotel is located very close to the subway, and within Chinatown. We did have a couple of issues with the cleaning of the room (for about half of our stay, the staff neglected to give us clean washcloths, so we had to ask for them each day). The safe was a nice feature. Our room keys would randomly stop working after a day or two, I don't know how many times we each had to go to the front desk to get them to fix it. The desk staff seemed nice enough, however.

I checked my mattress the night we checked in for bed bugs (I do this everywhere). I did not see any, but I only checked the twin bed and not the double. After a few nights, my stepfather woke up to a spot of blood on his pillow. One evening, my mother found a bug, which after we got home, she Googled and now is quite certain it was a bed bug. I did not see any bugs, but the day after we returned, I broke out in a very bad rash. My mother and stepfather now have rashes as well, they all look characteristic of bed bug bites. We're only hoping that we didn't bring any home with us.

I could have dealt with a small room, no washcloths, hard beds and non-working keys (a cheap room requires compromise, I suppose)...but bed bugs are a completely different story. I would definitely not stay here again.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these New York City hotels

Pasadena, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

It;s in the midst of chinatown. Not my favorite place to be, but it is safe. The rooms are pretty basic, not sure it should qualify as a two star, but you get a prety small room, hard beds, dusty tabletops, bathroom countertops and desk. At least bathroom and sheets were clean. Towels looked a little brown, I brought my own. You do get soap, shampoo, toothbrush and toothpaste in case you forgot your own. The WiFi worked fine for me and we had a medium sized flat screen t.v. in our room that made it look a little nicer, but rarely ever used. There was a safe in the room, but I didn't need it. It's perfect walking distance to financial district, little italy and the subway station is just 1 block away and it takes you anywhere you need to go. So in that sense it was great. I feel it compares to a bad motel 6 (even those were cleaner). Not worth more than $80 a night at THE MOST. It does you a place to sleep if you are in a rut though.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Bristol, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

after reading the reveiws on here i was wary of what i might find ect. but i was pleasently surprised.
the hotel was clean, loved the location as it was near little italy and the famous "katz deli" (where harry met sally" the most fantastic food i have ever eaten and the subway was pretty much opposite. the staff were lovely. bit of 70's decor but was absolutly fine. people are far to picky for a budget hotel, will be coming back xx

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Windsor Hotel? Share your experiences!