“Super Suchi” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Neta is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #781 of 11,776 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 6th Avenue
Anchorage, Alaska
“Super Suchi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

The Omakase menu was terrific. The fish is so fresh, it's almost sweet. And the various preparations and sauces add to the very tasty dishes. I had the $135 menu, and it was more than enough. Had a bottle of Sake with a friend, and it, too, was spot on. So, the food is wonderful. The room is attractive and comfortable. The service was so pleasant, so prompt, any additional attention would have been overwhelming and intrusive. The wait between courses was short, but enough to let you savor the last dish and look forward to the next. As with most good things in life, you get what you pay for. It's not cheap, but well worth the cost. A wonderful experience.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Fort Myers, Florida
“Outstanding meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

We weren't really sure what to expect when going to Neta other than hearing it is Japanese food but not just sushi. This place was amazing. Everything was absolutely delicious. The toro with caviar was a simple dish but one of the favorites of the night. It just about melted in your mouth. We did the mid-priced Omakase (chef's choice) menu and we couldn't have been happier. We were stuffed by the time all the courses were complete. We don't get to NYC often but when we are back Neta will certainly be on the agenda again. Well done!

“Terrible, nondisclosed cancellation charges - no calls back”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

We can't speak to the food here, though we did really want to try it. Sadly, I stupidly reserved my dinner res on the night I made it (Opentable autoformatted back to that and I didn't notice) - so my reservation, which I thought was for the next Tuesday, was actually made for fifteen minutes after I made it. They required a credit card to reserve, though not ONE statement was made online about a cancellation policy or charges nor did I ever acknowledge or accept same. So, when I got notice from Opentable that I'd missed my reservation, saw a $200 charge from the restaurant, and realized my stupid mistake, I called the restaurant immediately. They told me they'd "look into" why I was charged $200 rather than $100 as typical cancellation was $50/person. I said that a simple call to my bank would get the charge reversed, as there was no legally required notice of the charges - but that I really just wanted to come in on Tuesday as planned and the charges could either be credited or issued as a restaurant credit. "I'll call you back" was the response. Next day, I called and left a message - no reply. Four days later, I posted a negative review on Yelp, cancelled the transaction with my bank, and slammed them on Facebook. Lo and Behold! They finally called! I didn't even answer. Newsflash, by the time you make your customer hate you enough to trash you on social media it's really too late. So, no idea how the sushi is - but I would not let these people anywhere near your credit cards!

• Visited February 2014
Espoo, Finland
“Nourishment for the body and soul”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

It's like a hidden gem. From the outside it is not obvious, but when you open the curtains to the dining space, you can feel the spirit of an inviting and enchanting story.

Enjoyed watching food and drinks being prepared for your order. The chefs displayed that rare combination of pride and modesty that you would normally only experience in Japan. Bartender added a modern twist.

Probably the best maki I have had for a long time. Salads were simply outstanding, fresh and just simply divine.

Contemporary yet refined. Elegant yet cosy. Simple yet magical.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Espoo, Finland
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

Athmosphere and food was great! Open kitchen made it possible to see and follow how they prepared the food so it was like a excellent Japanese show. We had seats at the bar table next to the kitchen and really recommend that. Food was excellent and worth every penny. It was very tasty, excellent quality and work of art.

• Visited December 2013