“Our favorite stay-cation” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #37 of 459 Hotels in New York City
New York City, New York
“Our favorite stay-cation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I live in New York City and have already stayed at the NoMad on 3 separate occasions. It is in a fair location in the 20s, which works well for us as we tend to like the ability to easily go uptown in the summer for the park or downtown for drinks- easy access to both. But most importantly, we love this hotel as our go-to spot in our own city because it offers everything you want- sophisticated style, wonderful bathroom/bathtub, attentive staff and amazing food service. The NoMad has a signature restaurant which i recommend to everyone, but the roof is great when the weather is fair for cocktails or lunch. The decor in the rooms is soothing, i love the rich tones in the hallway and the use of space is very effective- as nothing in New York is big spacewise the NoMad makes their rooms feel luxurious and functional. I have been unsuccessful trying to get early check in on two occasions, but the bar makes a fine place to wait if you don't want to leave luggage unattended. Additionally, as city dwellers we have driven here on two occasions and found weekend street parking at no additional cost within 30 minutes of looking around.

Room Tip: black out shades are all you need to know
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Stayed here for our honeymoon and usually I don't write reviews for hotels, but this one impressed us so much that I must say something. What a delight! The room was absolutely clean, comfortable and with a chic decor. The bathroom was large and bath amenities were pure luxury! The bed was one of the most comfortable I have ever slept in. The room service was excellent and very prompt, food was simply delicious. Stayed here for our honeymoon and usually I don't write reviews for hotels, but this one impressed us so much that I must say something. What a delight! The room was absolutely clean, comfortable and with a chic decor. The bathroom was large and bath amenities were pure luxury! The bed was one of the most comfortable I have ever slept in. The room service was excellent and very prompt, food was simply delicious.This hotel is in a busy neighborhood, but thats the charm of NYC, location is great for traveling to any part of the city and for broadway shows! But the best thing that makes this hotel so special is its staff. They were so courteous, polite and helpful, made us feel royal on our special trip and I can't thank them enough for this.. wish we could stay longer.

• Stayed October 2014
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Stayed for 5 nights for my boyfriends 30th. Great room size, very much like home from home feel. Lying in the roll top bath looking at the Epire State building was a real treat!

If you get a chance defintely eat in the hotel. The chicken really was the best I've ever tasted and the 'banana' desert was epic!

We were actually sat down for dinner in a gangway, but mentioning we weren't too happy about it they soon moved us, offered a free cocktail and starter. More than enough to make up for it.

The front desk were always very happy to help with any dinner reservations, suggestions for brunch.

Overall amazing stay. Will definitely be back

Room Tip: We stayed on the 7th floor overlooking the Empire State building. Ask for a room overlooking 28th St...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I was surprised by how well designed and actually how big the room was for New York. Really interesting design with lots of very stylish detail, very old worldly but with a great modern twist. We had a room with a rolltop bath which was a real treat (we did request this at time of booking). the hotel felt like a boutique hotel even though it had loads of rooms.

The restaurant we didn't eat at but it was consistently busy. There were at least three bars with very different vibes. The library, was exactly how it sounds, gorgeous old NY library with leather sofas, a calm ambience and great cocktails. The other was more like a bar bar with gastro pub style food.

The location was very easy for exploring all of NY though the surrounding area itself did not have a great deal going for it. That said I would definitely recommend staying here. However, I would stay at the back of the hotel as early building work consistently woke me up at 4am! Not the hotels fault but definitely not ideal.

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We stayed here this week on our short pre-Xmas break in NYC and loved the experience. We really couldn't fault anything about the place (and we're quite a fussy lot). The staff are all super and really go out of their way to help. And the room facilities, in-hotel dining and location right next to the 28th St subway station add to the overall picture. We'll be back!

Stayed December 2014
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Let's first say that I know New York –Well! Although I currently live in Los Angeles, I was born and raised in NYC, and I know this city… I've probably stayed at, or have attended an event at over a hundred + established or new hotels in NYC, and I can say unequivocally that The Nomad is now "My home away from home while staying in Manhattan." Oh, and I say Manhattan because there are actually (5) boroughs encompassing NYC even though everyone always defers to Manhattan as NYC. It isn’t, and there’s plenty to venture out to see in the “outer boroughs.” -Although, as a former Manhattanite myself, I too am enamored by its singular charms.

I suppose to understand the source, I should let you know that I enjoy the acquirements of a fine Hotel, and I'm not one that necessarily looks for "New and Trendy" as a barometer for choice -Even though The Nomad could be seen in that category. I would say it's more about "Style and Grace," or an air of "Unpretentious Sophistication." -And The Nomad certainly delivers on both! For the record, prior to The Nomad my "go-to" hotel in Manhattan has been for many years the Boutique Haven that is "The Lowell." -And if you are aware of this hotel, then you will certainly understand my appreciation of what makes a great hotel. To be honest, I still love The Lowell, and to be truthful I’ve had wonderful stays at a handful of other NYC hotels, but I would always return to The Lowell. For me no other destination was in its league –Till The Nomad.

To be fair and balanced, The Nomad is new –relatively, and like all adolescence is still finding it’s character, or perhaps building it’s character, but I assure you they’re doing everything right.
I could describe the wonderfully unique rooms, or the great location, the eventful drinks at the bar, the refined food at the restaurant, or even the “Din of The Room” –But there are plenty of other reviewers who love to get into that “Nitty-Gritty.” Let’s just end on this note: Always look for the presence of details at a hotel that says in an unobtrusive way –“You’re our guest, we take pride in our guests, and we want to be sure that while you’re in our care you feel at home. That’s what The Nomad delivers, and to be sure it’s “a little thing” that’s actually a BIG thing. –Bravo!

• Stayed September 2014, traveled solo
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This is a really nice boutique hotel with lovely quirky rooms (tubs in the bedroom) and a restaurant and bars that attract locals as well as guests. The vibe is definitely verging hipster but with an urban sophisticated sensibility. The public spaces are elegant with dark woods staffed with attractive attentive personnel. The hotel is really well located between Midtown and Flatiron and Penn Station is about four blocks away. I would definitely recommend this hotel if you are planning a weekend or few days in NYC.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Been to The NoMad Hotel? Share your experiences!