“Go for the Seinfeld memorabilia, not the food.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Tom's Diner

Tom's Diner
2880 Broadway, New York City, NY (Manhattan)
212-864-6137
Improve this listing
Ranked #396 of 633 Attractions in New York City
Type: Landmarks/ Points of Interest, Landmarks
More attraction details
Owner description: This is the diner featured in the hit TV series "Seinfeld."
Canada/UK
10 attraction reviews
“Go for the Seinfeld memorabilia, not the food.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

I'm a big Seinfeld fan so this place was a must visit on our trip to NYC. To be honest, we should have taken a photo from the outside, peeked through the door and then went somewhere else to eat. I'm not saying the food was bad, but it wasn't great either. Pretty average greasy spoon type of establishment. The location is a bit out of the way, but we visited the massive Harlem cathedral on the same day and the restaurant is only about a 5 minute walk from there. Lots of Seinfeld pictures, etc. hanging on the walls and nobody seemed to mind me milling about taking pictures while we waited for our food. Although we were there mid-afternoon when it wasn't that busy. Overall it's a convenient place to eat when visiting the church, but NYC is full of so many fantastic restaurants - why settle for less?

Visited April 2012

PEI
9 attraction reviews
“You should go”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

As Seinfeld fans, we stopped by during a weekend in NY to take a photo and get a couple of milkshakes at the counter (which were delicious). We were sorry that we didn't plan to go at meal time because the food looked great (typical diner food) but large portions and the menu prices were really inexpensive. The staff were very friendly and we'll definitely return for a meal next time we're in NY.

Visited October 2012
Melbourne
3 attraction reviews
“Choc Milkshake to die for. Surreal experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

We LOVE Seinfeld, so approaching the diner was a surreal experience. The service is great, the food is good, and the chocolate milkshake is ridiculously delicious.

Visited May 2012
Paris
6 attraction reviews
“Fun for pictures, not for food.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

This weekend I stopped by Tom's Restaurant while I was in New York because I thought it would be neat to see the place from the sitcom Seinfeld. And it was, on the outside. The sign is obviously the same but the interior is completely different. The restaurant is run by a Greek family and serves very typical diner-ish food along with a few Greek dishes. I did eat there (but mostly because I had walked 60 blocks from Times Square and was starving... I thought that I had come all this way, it would be crazy not to) and the food was okay (but definitely not worth the walk).

I would recommend that if you like the show (or just think it would be fun to check it out), take your pictures of the sign outside and then stop in for a cup of coffee. There is Seinfeld memorabilia on the walls and of course a print of the famous Kramer portrait.

Also, one thing that annoyed me a little bit, they don't accept credit cards but have a big ATM in the middle of the restaurant. Sucks for tourists who pay a fee for withdrawing foreign currency and then also have to pay the $2 ATM fee. My $9 lunch turned into a $16 lunch because of this.

Visited August 2012
Portugal
16 attraction reviews
“For the Seinfeld fan”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

As a huge fan of Seinfeld it was great going to Tom' Diner and taking some photos. Didn't try any food though.

Visited May 2012