“Chocolate squared!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Dessert
Ottawa, Canada
“Chocolate squared!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

I love to bake as a hobby, with my sister, so of course I am a fan of the show DC Cupcakes. I could not pass up the opportunity of tasting one of their creations while I was in NYC. The shop was small and some of the decorations seemed a bit tired because of all the traffic that walks in and out. The place is busy! We had to wait for a fairly long time, but I enjoyed every minute of it. I bought the Chocolate squared cupcake which was heavenly.

Visited March 2014

Bedminster, New Jersey
“Absolutely delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

The 8 of us ordered a variety of cupcakes, including coconut, vanilla2, oreo, chocolate ganache, peanut butter and the list goes on. I personally ordered the vanilla2--the cake was moist and the icing was not overly sweet. Everyone was thrilled with their cupcakes and we all brought a half dozen home each as well.

Visited March 2014
Tucson, Arizona
“The Best Cupcake of My Life!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

I had the chocolate salted caramel cupcake and it was good! All of the cupcakes were so pretty and perfect looking- I wish I could have tried them all! It wasn't very busy when we went, but there was very little seating, so it is probably a good idea to get the cupcakes to go. I will definitely be back!

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
dacula
“Cupcakes to die for”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

They are located in the Discovery Times Square Museum. The address is 226 W. 4th Street. They also have a larger store in SoHo address 111 Mercer Street between Spring & Prince. Sorry I was unable to make it to SoHo as they can ship the cupcakes from this location.

I ordered three different cupcakes and each one was better than the next. The lava fudge exploded in your mouth, mint cookies and cream and strawberry cheesecake were both excellent. In fact we wanted to eat the paper they were so good. Try and get to the store early as they sell out fast.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“Worth the line”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

If you're like me, then you didn't want to try this place because it was on a TV show (the original in DC, at any rate) and assumed it couldn't live up to the hype. Well, get over that, go to the shop on Mercer, stand on whatever line is there, and try them anyway. The cupcakes are delicious -- I especially recommend the Lava Fudge flavor!

Visited September 2013