“LOVED Taverna!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Taverna di Bacco is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,900 of 11,777 Restaurants in New York City
Description: Enoteca con ristorante
Palm Beach, Florida
“LOVED Taverna!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

We went to Taverna Di Bacco as a group of 8. I thought we were accommodated pretty well considering it was a Saturday night in the city and it's not a huge place. I LOVED this place. Sadly, I was there to see my best friend so I won't be a regular, but that doesn't mean it's not because I don't want to be! I've already recommended Taverna to everyone I know who lives in NYC. The atmosphere is awesome. It took me back to Italy as soon as we sat down. I loved the exposed brick and twinkling lights, the decor is spot on. It was modern but felt old world and it was everything I wanted it to be. The specials included a Mushroom and Gorgonzola Risotto, a Branzino dish and some others. I saw Gnocchi on the menu and was immediately decided. Dishes around the table were varied but all received glowing reviews - the gnocchi, risotto, branzino, steak, you name it. We had a great time, our server was attentive and got along great with our group. I thoroughly enjoyed the meal and wish I could say I'd be back soon! I'm hoping to take my husband there next time we are in town for a date night. Definitely recommend.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“More or less”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

The food is good but overpriced in my opinion. The wine list is short and also overpriced. The ambience is nice but don't justify the high price they charge!!!!

PA
“And the winner is...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I took my Italian mother on a food tour while in NYC. We went to three recommended restaurants: Tony di Napoli, Piccolo Angolo and Taverna di Bacco. While all were good, one stood out as excellent. That was Taverna di Bacco. Everyone in our party of four considered it the highlight of our tour. The clams and linguine and the risotto had exceptional flavor. The service was top notch and the space was comfortable. Our waiter poured several wines for tasting until we found one we enjoyed. The bottom line here is the delicious food. We will be back in the future.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Taverna Di Bacco”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

We were taken to this restaurant by friends who live in the area. The restaurant was not busy at all. The food was not special although the pasta was touted and 3 of us had linguini with clams which was only fair. There are so many good restaurants in NY, I suspect this one won't make it.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Montreal
“Good food, good atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

We happened upon this taverna while walking around the Lower East Side. Nice decor and very friendly wait staff. We had a very good and reasonably priced bottle of Valpolicella along with a few of that evening's specials. Simple but very well executed (the fennel salad was excellent), altogether a very nice meal.

• Visited June 2012