“Very good experience overall” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Millenium Hilton

You added Millenium Hilton to your Saves list
Millenium Hilton
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   55 Church Street, New York City, NY 10007 (Financial District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast & WiFi in NYC
Ranked #227 of 461 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Very good experience overall”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Overall, I was happy with the hotel experience. The location, the valet parking, the bell staff and front desk staff were great. The concierge was a big help with navigating the subway system which was new to us. Furthermore, getting a junior suite room on the 51st floor was a huge plus and I loved the view. The front lobby is gorgeous.

The negatives were the internet service which we purchased as part of the package and the connection quality was spotty at best. The bar was okay but I found the service to be rather impersonal and just okay. I knew in Manhattan that drinks would be pricey but I guess I expected a little more interaction from the bar staff.

Since we used the subway a lot during our stay, the concierge was very helpful in directing us toward the correct line and we had no issues. Very convenient to get to the subways.

We got a package that included the internet and breakfast which I encourage people to take advantage of because the breakfasts are quite pricey without it.

Overall, I was happy with the hotel stay. It was our first time in New York for the whole family and worked out as well as I would've hoped.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
MilleniumHiltonHotel, General Manager at Millenium Hilton, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Thank you so much for sharing your review with the TripAdvisor community! We are thrilled to hear that your family's first visit together to New York City was a memorable one, and that you enjoyed the location of our hotel and its close, convenient access to public transportation. I am also pleased to hear that you appreciated the helpful service from our Concierge, bell staff and Front Desk agents. Please do accept my sincere apologies however for any issues you may have experienced with your internet connection during your stay. This is not common at our hotel and I can assure you that I have already reached out to our IT staff to investigate the matter further so it is not repeated. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Millenium Hilton the next time you are in town.

Kind Regards,

Email: jimmy.sarfraz@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (595)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Succasunna, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

We enjoyed this hotel. Everything was very clean and breakfast was delicious. Our only problem was the air conditioner blew directly at you on the bed and there was no way to adjust it. You could adjust the temperature but not the position of air flow. If you turned the air conditioner off, the room got warm and stuffy.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

CMH
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

I stayed here when they were setting piles for the Freedom Tower. It was loud.

So now I have stayed here when that is all done and the condition of the hotel has suffered. The carpets are worn, the room was dirty, the noise outside is constant and the curtains don't cover the windows so you get loads of light.

I checked in and that went well. I wasn't told anything about breakfast, restaurants or hotel services. Handed a card and pointed at the elevator.

My room was large, I think I got upgraded. Additionally the room was dirty. Not just that it hadn't been cleaned, there were items that the vacuum missed and items that shouldn't have stayed in the room. Most notably was all the hair on the wall and tub in the shower.

It was gross and was there at checkin as well as after they cleaned my room on the first day.

All in all, no attention to detail and dirty. Stay at your own risk.

Room Tip: Above 40th floor.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
MilleniumHiltonHotel, General Manager at Millenium Hilton, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Please accept our sincere apologies for the disappointing service and conditions of your recent stay. We know our guests deserve the best and we will use your comments on cleanliness and appointment as we continually evolve to best meet and exceed our guests' expectations. We have shared your comments with our team and assure you appropriate steps have been made to correct the issues you encountered with comfort and cleanliness. Should you return to our area in the future, we would love to have you back so we may better demonstrate the complete quality stay you expect and deserve.

Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

My daughter and I traveled to NYC July 11 to 13. She wanted to visit the 9/11 Memorial and Museum this trip, and hoped for an amazing view of the whole site and Freedom Tower. We weren't disappointed.

I paid a little extra for a city view, but got more than I expected. Not only did we look directly at the Freedom Tower, but directly down at the reflecting pools, at the rivers, and a decent horizon. Bonus was a great view of the Brooklyn Bridge from the elevator, which was steps from our room.

We arrived early, but checking in was no problem. We were sent right to our room with the view. Another bonus for me was a bathtub. Only my second NYC room in six or seven years that had one. Flat screen television, iron, hair dryer, work desk also were welcomed.

The location couldn't have been more convenient for subway stations. Chambers Street takes you right to the hotel door. Fulton Street and Courtland stops also were within easy walking distance. I've also stayed at the nearby W Hotel on Washington and Albany, but this one was even more convenient to transportation.

You can walk to a number of good pizza places, including Star Pizza and Stage Door. You're also steps from Century 21, where I managed to find a couple of excellent bargains to bring home.

While I usually do a Priceline or Hotwire search for the best deal, I'd consider booking this property at the best possible rate. I spent under $200 a night and thought it was an outstanding value.

Room Tip: Ask for room on higher floor. Extra cost is worth it, and not that much more.
Green Features: Looked as environmentally friendly as any NYC hotel, all of them I've stayed in have been conscious.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Beulaville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Expensive, even by NY standards but excellent hotel, great location, very professional. Overlooked the 911 Memorial and Museum. Would stay again. Continental breakfast for >$20 was ridiculous. Otherwise would recommend.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Easy access to the port and Brooklyn bridge...excellent views of 1 World Trade Center and friendly staff makes this the perfect destination for those of us traveling in business in the financial district. Room was spacious and comfortable.

Stayed August 2013
MilleniumHiltonHotel, General Manager at Millenium Hilton, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Brian,

We are pleased to hear you had an enjoyable stay with us at the Millenium Hilton while you were in town on Business. I am glad you found our Lower Manhattan location to be convenient and easily accessible and I am also happy to hear that you felt our rooms were both comfortable and spacious. We hope to welcome you back to the hotel again soon, whether you are in town for business or pleasure!

Best Regards,

Port of Spain, Trinidad
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

This was the ideal location since I am a fan of Wall Street and Century 21 next door. Also many train lines are right around the corner. It was ideal for many late nights.We were on the 27th floor, the view was great.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Millenium Hilton? Share your experiences!