“Only at the right price...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Millenium Hilton

You added Millenium Hilton to your Saves list
Millenium Hilton
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   55 Church Street, New York City, NY 10007 (Financial District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast & WiFi in NYC
Ranked #228 of 464 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersBronze level
philadelphia
“Only at the right price...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

This hotel is a great spot for tourists, as it overlooks the emerging 9/11 site and has a splendid view of the new WTC only a few yards away. Ask for a room that is high up, but don't pay the extra $25 that they want you to pay - I stayed on floor 19 and it had a nice view of the memorial fountains and harbor. Room was clean and adequate (no HD television) but not extravagant, but the nickel and dime (no free internet access unless you sit in lobby, etc) leaves a bad taste in the mouth. But the hotel is lovely, and wall street in the spring is very pleasant. Morton's right around the corner for the $50 steak...

Room Tip: ask for upper room harbor view but don't extra pay for it unless you want to
Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (611)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
St. John's, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

We stayed here from December 26/14-January 1/14, it was a great price for the week compared to other hotels in the area. The location was fine for the 9/11 Memorial, Statue of Liberty, and Wall street, but all other attractions were further away. The nearest supermarket was a 15-20 minute walk and we were constantly using the subways and taxis to get to major attractions and restaurants. The room was very tight and service was not the best. Next time I will pick a better location to take in what New York has to offer.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

I had an amazing stay again at this property. The front desk were able to secure an upgrade for me because of my status in the rewards program. Oscar was friendly and very knowledgeable of some great restaurants in the area. Your concierge was also amazing. Keep up the great work! I will be back soon.

• Stayed February 2014
MilleniumHiltonHotel, General Manager at Millenium Hilton, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Paddy,

We are thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Millenium Hilton. I am so glad that our Front Desk Staff and Concierge were helpful and friendly, providing you with an even more memorable experience here in New York. We appreciate you taking the time to share your review and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Best Regards,
Jimmy

Jimmy Sarfraz
55 Church Street
New York, NY 10007
Email: jimmy.sarfraz@hilton.com
Shelburne, Vermont
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

I'd classify this hotel as mid-tier by New York standards. The rooms were comfortable but certainly not elegant. The in-room HVAC unit was annoying for a hotel at this price point (even in New York). I associate the in-room units with budget hotels and expect quieter centralized HVAC at this price point. The location was good for me - walking distance to federal court.

Room Tip: My room was on 9th floor. For an extra charge, you can request a higher floor.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Middletown, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

I had gotten a discounted rate off the jr suite with city view which was a beautiful view, small room. For the amount that anyone would pay to stay I feel interent, and breakfast should be included. And you should be offered a promo code to return

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Merrick, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

I was recommended this hotel for my wedding night, including our guests. From the start, our designated manager Keren, pretty much acted like it was the first time meeting us every time we spoke to her or met her in person. I understand that she is busy, but having to explain the entire wedding party and guest list every time is just not acceptable.
The website that is supposed to show which guests have checked in under our personal wedding page and prices does not work. It only showed 10 guests, while there were more than 20. This may not seem important, however we were giving all of our hotel guests a gift bag. So, we needed to know how many to make. Also, the hotel staff decided to keep 3 of our bags for some reason, until we complained about guests not receiving theirs.
The kicker, we confirmed over 30 rooms booked, and they had to be prodded to give us an upgrade from a normal room to a junior suite. Not to mention, my wife found a vile of what looked like cold medicine on the couch in the room, written in some other language. Room looked like it wasn't or hadn't been cleaned.
Upon checkout, they charged me for parking $55 a day that I was there. If I had a car, that would be nice of them. But, since I didn't have a car, seemed strange that I would be charged. Also, my sister was charged for someone else's car... sounds like they have their stuff together over there.

The location is great, and the staff was definitely friendly. But, just not looking to go back there anytime soon.

Room Tip: For a good room, just make sure its clean
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Albany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

I travel frequently to NYC for business and almost always stay at this hotel (lately about once a week). This hotel always seems to have the government rate and its convenient to many things...BUT....my fiancée and I went to NYC for a pleasure weekend trip and we were somewhat disappointed with our stay. I made the reservations online and paid a $15 upgrade fee to ensure that we got a higher floor as I wanted my fiancée to experience the magnificent views of not only Freedom Tower, but all of the other beautiful sights. Our train got in around 11:30am and thought we would check to see if our room was possibly ready. It was ready, but we were told that we could only check in early if we paid an additional $25. Since we were already paying $200+ we opted to check our bags instead. If our room wasn't ready it would have been much more understandable that we couldn't check in. I stay at Hiltons and this hotel so frequently that I was a little take a back by this. BUT we took it in stride and ventured down to the Staten Island Ferry. We got back to the Hotel around 1:30 and we were able to check in. 32nd floor - not the best view I have had - which irked me being that we paid extra for a higher floor I though we would get much better. I have stayed here many times with no extra fees and had much better rooms (last time the 55th floor). I almost thought that I shouldn't have paid the extra $$ and just took a chance. The room was almost 80 degrees and it was freezing outside - so we completely turned the fan off so it was bearable. I'm traveling to NYC next week and would have normally stayed at this hotel, but I'm opting for a Marriott this time as I don't feel that even though I'm a silver club Hilton honors member - it doesn't mean much. We met people who have never stayed at a Hilton ever and they had a way better room than us...that wasn't fun to hear : ( I'm disappointed with our accommodations on our special weekend and I'm afraid that Hilton is going to lose a loyal member.

Room Tip: don't pay extra fees because you may just get a great room without the extra $$. High floor if...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
MilleniumHiltonHotel, General Manager at Millenium Hilton, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Thank you for sharing your review and for being such a loyal guest of our hotel. We sincerely apologize your last stay was not what you've come to expect from us. It is always our goal to provide an exceptional experience and we regret your weekend with your fiance didn't reflect that. We greatly appreciate your feedback and hope you will consider returning for your next stay to give us an opportunity to provide a wonderful stay.

Jimmy

Jimmy Sarfraz
55 Church Street
New York, NY 10007
Email: jimmy.sarfraz@hilton.com

Been to Millenium Hilton? Share your experiences!