“Solid Choice for Financial District Visitors” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Millenium Hilton

You added Millenium Hilton to your Saves list
Millenium Hilton
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   55 Church Street, New York City, NY 10007 (Financial District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast & WiFi in NYC
Ranked #232 of 463 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
“Solid Choice for Financial District Visitors”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

If you need to stay in or near the Financial District in lower Manhattan, the Millenium is a solid choice for businesspeople or tourists. Nestled next to Trinity Church on Church Street and overlooking the World Trade Center site, it boasts a sleek design and rooms that are reasonably spacious by Manhattan hotel standards. Breakfast at the Millenium was no better than average for hotel fare, but the lobby bar is attractive and the views from higher floors are exceptional. It's also convenient to lots of attractions and good restaurants in lower Manhattan.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (608)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Ayer, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I stayed at the Millenium Hilton the end of June (21-22) while my boyfriend and I were in the city to see Lion King. Amazing view of the World Trade Center Site!! Hotel staff was great and I didn't have any issues until today (JULY 24!!!) when I checked my credit card statement and I was charged $55 and there is a $25 and $30 pending charges from the hilton!!!! I've also been trying to get in touch with someone at the hotel regarding this matter and I'm getting the run around and my calls are not being returned!! If this is how you ensure your guests return to your hotel, you are sadly mistaken. Never again will I be staying at a hilton and I'll be warning others of the hilton behavior as well!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
MilleniumHiltonHotel, Manager at Millenium Hilton, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Melissa,

Thank you for reaching out to us with this issue via TripAdvisor. Please accept our apology for our delay in getting back to you and the frustration you must be facing. I apologize for the mismanagement of the situation, and we will be reaching out to you directly in an attempt to resolve it as soon as possible. We are dedicated to ensuring your satisfaction, and look forward to speaking with you.

Alex

Alex Joset
Marketing Manager
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

We stayed here on a HOT Friday night recently. We got what we felt was a great rate on priceline and would absolutely stay here again if rate was under $200 a night. We were on the 23rd floor, #2308. Rooms on that side have a great view of the WTC fountain, the Freedom Tower, and the Hudson though I do not know how high up you have to be for the good view. I can also not comment on construction noise as there was no work being done on Saturday when we left. Our room was clean and good sized. The concierge and all others in the Lobby were very helpful and pleasant. The business center on the 5th floor was free and a gym and pool were also there. DH was told wi-fi had to be paid but it was free on that weekend in both the lobby and the room.
The hotel is right next to the Big Century 21 but I saw many families returning to the hotel with bags from places much further uptown due to the easy subway access. I would never eat breakfast in a hotel but there is a Starbucks on the Century 21 side and several places going north on Church Street with reasonable breakfast prices. We also did not use hotel parking but got coupons off the internet and used a parking lot two blocks up on Barclay that had a $10 overnight rate if you are in by 5 and out by 7am. You can park around the corner on Church until 10 am. Not sure if this would be easy during the week but it was on the weekend. Our other coupons were more but less than the hotel. It pays to go online before you go if you will travel by car.
There are several decent looking restaurants nearby. We went with the concierge rec for Ecco! a few blocks up on Chambers and were very pleased-not the cheapest and not maybe for families but good all the same. We did not hang around the city due to the heat but this is a great location for a visit and quieter at night than midtown might be. We had no problem with the air conditioning on a very hot night.

Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

The hotel location is excellent in lower Manhattan. Within walking distance to all the tourist locations you would want to visit in lower Manhattan: Battery Park, Wall Street, 9/11 memorial, Trinity church. View of the Hudson river from the higher floor is fantastic. The subway station is literally at the hotel's front door. Rooms are clean and very comfortable, good service and helpful staff. There is a fitness centre and swimming pool in hotel as well.

Arlington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

My husband & I celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary in NYC and were thrilled to stay at Millennium Hilton.Our daughter surprised us by calling the hotel to request a great room.The hotel honored her request and gave us a room with an incredible view on the 51st floor. Everything about the hotel was enjoyable and made our 4-night stay comfortable and memorable. We highly recommend it!!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Having just returned, from five blisteringly hot days in NYC, I wanted to share my experience of the Millenium Hilton.

I normally stay midtown, so this was a first but the excellent subway links meant that getting anywhere was really easy, and I even managed to squeeze in a trip to Coney Island.

My room (5003) was on the 50th floor, and whilst not massive was certainly on the larger size compared to other hotels I have stayed in during visits to NYC. The view overlooked the WTC memorial and Freedom Tower.

SOme other reviews mentioned noise from the WTC construction, but being on the 50th floor I did not notice any noise at all.

Prior to booking I had been shipping around and in the end I found the best rate was available via American Express UK Travel Agent.

Staff were all excellent, especially Christopher the doorman who made me feel really welcome upon arrival. During my stay the only issue I had was that items in my mini bar were out of date, which I only discovered after tasting them, however I reported this this following morning and everything was rectified.

On my last day (sunday) I was not leaving until 5pm so decided to have a snack and drink in the third floor bar, and again could not really fault the food, drink or service, in fact the barman (I didn't catch his name but he had been married at the hotel none years earlier) was brilliant, friendly, and funny although you could see some of his one liners coming from a mile off.

So if you are looking for a good value well located hotel I would certainly recommend this one, there's a Centrury 21 store steps away, and various restaurants and delis in the surrounding streets, Les Halles is a couple of streets away and serve really good Mussels and Mixed Grill.

The only downside is the breakfast, don't waste your money on either the hotel buffet or A'la Carte, there is much better available locally for a lot less (Salmon Bagel, Coffee and OJ in the hotel was around $40 before tip)

Room Tip: Room 5003 over look the WTC memorial and is high up so not disturbed by noice
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
MilleniumHiltonHotel, Manager at Millenium Hilton, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your review via TripAdvisor. We are thrilled that you had an excellent stay with us at the Millenium Hilton and truly enjoyed all that our Lower Manhattan location has to offer. We appreciate your feedback about the breakfast buffet as well, which I will be sure to relay to our food & beverage staff for consideration. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future!

Best Regards,
Alex

Alex Joset
Marketing Manager
Columbia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

The hotel was really clean. The staff was very helpful. It seemed very safe and secure at night. I didn't have any issues. The hotel was also really convenient to the subway. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the financial district.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Been to Millenium Hilton? Share your experiences!