“excellent service and modern amenities!” 4 of 5 stars

Plan Ahead, Save 25%
Ranked #81 of 457 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Scranton, Pennsylvania
“excellent service and modern amenities!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

The rooms were very modern and the location was great! Rooms were good size and bathroom was spacious! We will be back! The location was conveniently located in Chinatown and area restaurants. The staff was very helpful, especially Massey! They have valet Parking which was great in the city!

• Stayed December 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed here for a week in a recent visit to NYC. I found the location to be excellent for my own preferences - I like long walks, and don't need to be near attractions. It's more important for me to have a lot of excellent food locations nearby, just in case I get peckish at weird times during the day.

With that in mind, the location was suitable. Chinatown is of course nearby, but so it Little Italy, NoHo, and Chelsea. Katz's deli is also located close by! Dominique Ansell's bakery is a short walk nearby, as are the many excellent eateries in and surrounding little italy.

The staff were nice, efficient and helpful. Rooms were also surprisingly spacious, quiet and comfortable. Nothing to complain about at all!

I'd stay here again, definitely.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
Dave F, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Chinatown, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Very nice! Thank you so much for your really excellent comments and great review of our hotel! It makes us really proud that you were able to have such a wonderful stay, and that our staff provided you with rock star service. We hope to see you again soon at the Wyndham Garden Chinatown!
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

WOW!
The location was great. Not too far from the subway...um maybe 2 or 3 blocks.
The 3rd floor hotel room was quite big and it wasn't supposed to be fancy. Maybe it was a little bigger because it was a corner room. We did have a big pillar between the bed and the area with a small sofa (pull out bed) and desk area, which gave me plenty of space to spread out my stuff. The room was SUPER CLEAN and very welcoming.
Our room had a decent view of the streets below and all the people going to and fro'. I got to see my first snowfall from our huge hotel window.
Bathroom is a bit small, very European style if you ask me. Not too much shelf space but that isn't a big deal. The water does spray all over the floor when you shower so I laid one used towel and the bathmat down. The water pressure was just right. I was expecting 'eh but I had no problem washing my hair with the water pressure on the 3rd floor.
Each time I interacted with staff the person was courteous, extremely helpful and smiling. Or at the very least nodded if they were in the process of helping another guest.
Each night I had a great nights' sleep in a big comfy king bed. A lot of blankets were provided so for the first 2 nights I was HOT. But that was all on me.
They provided a good array of toiletries in the bathroom. I also read that this hotel can provide additional complimentary toiletries of you forget something like a toothbrush, comb, etc.
Breakfast at Levitate was fantastic.

A driver can be provided for a fee to pick you up or drive you to the airport.

This will be our 'go to' the next time we visit New York City. The Wyndham Garden Chinatown was a perfect little oasis in a bustling metropolis.

Room Tip: Not too much space to hang your towels and it has a small but adequate closet.
Green Features: Simple. If you want to use your towels again just hang them up. And the sheets will be switched out every 3rd day unless you ask for a change out sooner.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recent stay with us and for the glowing review. We are proud of this property and it's staff and we are glad to hear that you enjoyed many facets of what makes this property so special. Please come back and visit us soon.
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We arrived at the Wyndham garden Hotel and were pleasantly surprised. the hotel was clean and tidy and the room was nice. We were originally allocated a room on the 5th floor but after a night of no sleep due to the outside noise we were given an room on the 9th floor (for a fee). the room had fantastic views of the Empire State and the Chrysler building and the noise was not as bad. however....at 01.00 am and 04.00m am the ice machines at the end of the floors came to life (all by themselves - every night) and the workers of New York started their day at 04.00am with the refuse trucks and the big noisy vehicles. If you are a light sleeper - like my husband and I - this is no good. It is not a fault of the hotel, more of a fault of the street location. At the end of the 4 night stay we were worn out, New York is tiring anyway but with no sleep it is exhausting. the good points are the access to some of the main attractions - Brooklyn Bridge - 5 minutes walk, World Trade Centre - 10m minutes walk and Battery park.

Room Tip: Stay away from the rooms where the Ice Machine is outside the door!! Go as high as you can.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Dave F, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Chinatown, responded to this review, 1 week ago

Been to Wyndham Garden Chinatown? Share your experiences!